First Spring Practice - 2012

huskersmartinezpractice1.jpgdedhoarse

That bottom picture was against Western Kentucky. You really are reaching.

He posted that pic to show that Martinez was looking downfield in a game, not watching the ball leaving his hand. I'm sure he's aware that it was from a game, because that was the point of posting it, in context of the conversation.

It will be interesting to see how the offense functions this year with Taylor being in his second year under Beck. I hope we stick to more of a option read style of offense, with some screens and draws put in to keep the dline's honest.

I want to see more of that damn crazy zone read/option play that we utilized and scored a TD against Michigan......that play was stellar..

I'm with you speed on the screens and draws, I feel opposing D's are ripe at times for it against us. CB, its funny you mentioned the Mich game, as another thing I feel will improve is our offensive tempo/pace and it won't matter if a defender fakes an injury or not to slow us down.

I bet the tempo will speed up as well...due to experience within the offensive system. We were ripping South Car.'s D up for a while with plays that used their speed against them....I saw many times when South Car. over pursued on plays and it cost them. I bet we'll utilized more of the talent we have with our WR's. We will have one of the top WR units in the BIG10, maybe the best IMO.

<stuff>

photo-8827.jpg

Holy moly, Chaddy. Who is that looker in your profile pic!?!?

And that girl isn't bad looking, either. ;)

that's my future wife knapp lol. I am proposing to her in a few months ; P. We've been together for about 5 years now, had our struggles initially and then we both realized we really want to share lives together. She's a cool chick. Yeah...I know I'm sexy......haha chuckleshuffle

Well let's hope she or someone she knows doesn't read HuskerBoard so you didn't just spill the beans.

Don't jinxed me!!!!!! GEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

Coming from a college baseball player (me) i can tell you right now that you are always....always, working on your throwing motion. And yes sometimes you look at your arm to see if your arm is in the right arm slot....usually your not throwing the ball, but sometimes you may. Hell professional pitchers have full time pitching coaches to make sure their motion stays perfect. So that beats your theory dead in the water.

Watching the ball come off your hand is bad technique no matter how you look at it. I love how all you have to do is say that, well my baseball coach had me do that, and it supposedly invalidates my statement. Keep in mind you offer no proof whatsoever you just say it is so and I'm supposed to accept it as fact. Get real Rico. Taylor has worked on his mechanics and I give him some credit for that. But he's still from a fundamentals point of view a mediocre QB at best. Now if I see improvement in 2012 then I'll acknowledge it but I'm not holding my breath.

NU won the BigXII North division w/Tmart in 2010 and came within an eyelash of winning the CCG (the defense couldn't hold a 17 pt lead). Just maybe you noticed, our defense in 2011 was anything but great & our Oline rushing production was wayyyyy down. Yet again, our WRs dropped passes all over the place.

It's simple and easy to pin everything that went wrong on our qb, even on the other side of the ball. But just because it's easy and simple doesn't make it accurate.

I'm not pinning everything that went wrong on Taylor so you can take that empty argument and place it in the trash can. Earlier in this thread I said that if we get solid play from both interior lines and the receivers can catch this could be a very good team. But there are a lot of ifs though. I understand that Taylor is the #1 QB and nothing will change that. I'm also willing to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt but based on what I've seen thus far it is the same old same old.

I'm not pinning everything that went wrong on Taylor so you can take that empty argument and place it in the trash can. Earlier in this thread I said that if we get solid play from both interior lines and the receivers can catch this could be a very good team. But there are a lot of ifs though. I understand that Taylor is the #1 QB and nothing will change that. I'm also willing to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt but based on what I've seen thus far it is the same old same old.

What have you seen so far?

tumblr_lmwjh2QfwM1qa89vy.gif

This thread went downhill, quick.

That's because if anyone presents an opinion differing from "Taylor Martinez is the greatest QB in the history college football" they are ridiculed. Apparently the only opinions welcome are the ones where blind sunshine pumping occurs. This year's Nebraska squad can be very good for the reasons I've previously outlined. But again, there are way too many ifs in there to expect too much. Nebraska is a perpetual 9-3 team with #3 at QB and I sincerely doubt we'll win a conference title with him as the #1 guy. If I'm wrong at the end of the season I'll gladly admit it.

What have you seen so far?

Two seasons of play and tons of coach speak thus far none of which has materialized into tangible championship result. Will 2012 be any different? I hope so and I would love to be wrong but based on what I've seen well the future isn't dim and devoid of hope but it's not bright and full of hope either.

That's because if anyone presents an opinion differing from "Taylor Martinez is the greatest QB in the history college football" they are ridiculed. Apparently the only opinions welcome are the ones where blind sunshine pumping occurs. This year's Nebraska squad can be very good for the reasons I've previously outlined. But again, there are way too many ifs in there to expect too much. Nebraska is a perpetual 9-3 team with #3 at QB and I sincerely doubt we'll win a conference title with him as the #1 guy. If I'm wrong at the end of the season I'll gladly admit it.

Two seasons of play and tons of coach speak thus far none of which has materialized into tangible championship result. Will 2012 be any different? I hope so and I would love to be wrong but based on what I've seen well the future isn't dim and devoid of hope but it's not bright and full of hope either.

I'd hate to see what would happen if your mom cancelled your WOW account.

tumblr_lmwjh2QfwM1qa89vy.gif

This thread went downhill, quick.

No, it's because people on this board are starting to get tired of bullsh#t idiotic posts. Way too many crap stories and outright lies have been getting passed around as fact, because people are stupid. You went on a grand jump-to-conclusions-mat journey of Taylor and the team... base on one freaking photo from spring practice. I also find it hilarious that you bitch out someone for correcting your "theory" based on personal experience from a college coach (albeit baseball) because they "didn't provide evidence." Yet, you ridiculed the DL and new coach Kaz because they weren't using a (now illegal) technique you were taught in high school.

Are you a mall ninja?

• Fire 1

Again, I think we can all acknowledge that Taylor has shortcomings as a QB, heck he'll probably be the first to tell you some of the things he doesn't do as well as other people in the nation. But when things are dramatized to the point of ridiculousness which they are and have been by a good amount of posters, well, that's when you get ridiculed.