Who gets more jail time.

Defendant 1

A radical Muslim that had been showing signs of problems for months kills 13, one a pregnant women, US service members and wounds another 24 on a US Army base in the continental United States.

Defendant 2

A US combat veteren that had served 4 different tours of duty and allegidly suffered a head injury in one kills 17 Afghan citizens and wounds another 6.

1. Who gets more jail time?

2. Are Afghan lives worth more than US service members?

3. Which, if either, will go to trial?

4. Why was Defendant 2 charged so quickly?

I've gotten this email too from conservatives claiming how we tend to be fast prosecuting a US soldier who kill Afghans than a Muslim who kills our own people. At least, I assume that's what you're getting at from this post.

First, I agree with Po. They both deserve to be prosecuted for their crimes. Hopefully fairly. But what the e-mail, and your statement about the second defendant failed to mention...is the Army Staff Sgt. is convicted of killing unarmed, women and children while they slept, and then burning some of their bodies. Yes, the serviceman is supposed to be fighting a war...but also hopefully protecting the innocent civilians in that country while he is there.

I've gotten this email too from conservatives claiming how we tend to be fast prosecuting a US soldier who kill Afghans than a Muslim who kills our own people. At least, I assume that's what you're getting at from this post.

First, I agree with Po. They both deserve to be prosecuted for their crimes. Hopefully fairly. But what the e-mail, and your statement about the second defendant failed to mention...is the Army Staff Sgt. is convicted of killing unarmed, women and children while they slept, and then burning some of their bodies. Yes, the serviceman is supposed to be fighting a war...but also hopefully protecting the innocent civilians in that country while he is there.

It also fails to mention that Defendant One was a Comissioned Officer, clearly he failed to "well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office."

Hang 'em high.

bucky is dead on with the radical muslim being a comissioned officer. There is a minor problem with the radical muslim though. Things we will probally never hear about. the radical muslim was in some very interesting work with some spooky people with the government. He was never a radical muslim. i know that hurts to hear that,but it is what it is. In fact the program the radical muslim was with I think was within virginia techs walls. i did not pay much attention tho this,but the conversation came up with me and a friend that might be in the know. Not sure on the guy that lost his mind,but If you are Really stupid enough to believe that one man walked into a couple of villages killed 17 and then burned bodies by himself then there are aliens living among us.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/september2005/200905stagedterror.htm This is how the western governments roll. Send SAS guys in to kill Iaqi policemen. The 2 get cuaght and are jailed. The british then have a hard time getting them out. So what do they do? I think they sent a tank batallion in and I am sure some Infantry guys and freed them. Who got into trouble for this? No one. By the way the Iraqi cops they were shooting were our allies at the time. I think this happened in 2005?

http://www.prisonpla...tagedterror.htm This is how the western governments roll. Send SAS guys in to kill Iaqi policemen. The 2 get cuaght and are jailed. The british then have a hard time getting them out. So what do they do? I think they sent a tank batallion in and I am sure some Infantry guys and freed them. Who got into trouble for this? No one. By the way the Iraqi cops they were shooting were our allies at the time. I think this happened in 2005?

Intentionally ending a human life, when your own life isn't at risk, is unforgivable. People take life for granted and don't realize how precious it is. Is killing 50 worse than killing five? I think so. But, does one over the other deserve a different sentence? I don't think so.

Intentionally ending a human life, when your own life isn't at risk, is unforgivable. People take life for granted and don't realize how precious it is. Is killing 50 worse than killing five? I think so. But, does one over the other deserve a different sentence? I don't think so.

Thats what is screwed up about the world we live in. People will kill you just for staring at them wrong or other stupid stuff.

I have mixed feelings on the recent case in Afghanistan. I feel for SSG Bales. It sounds as if he just snapped, and that's something mentally wrong. MAJ Hasan decided on his course of action well before his masacre, he planned it out, studied and then went on a rampage. Bales' actions certainly damaged the Nation and the Army more than Hasan's and what he did was wrong but the sympathy is there for him in a weird way...not for Hasan.

Both should undoubetdly face punishment but as far as Bales goes I can't help but defend him at times, or at least in cases where when people talk about him they make this about all Soldiers or the entire Army which I dislike very much. I'd like for both Soldiers, just like with PFC Manning, to be handled in house.