Miles releases Keith Coleman from scholarship

Brian Rosenthal reporting that 2012 JUCO commit, Keith Coleman will be released from his scholarship. He also thinks the other two JUCO signees will also be released eventually.

Something to keep an eye on is whether 2012 CSU commit Jermaine Morgan will honor his LOI. Chin Coleman was responsible for recruiting Morgan to CSU since they have a previous player/coach relationship via Whitney Young High School and the AAU circuit. If Miles releases the other two JUCO's from their scholarships, this would allow room for Morgan to make the switch to Nebraska, assuming he wants to be under Chin Coleman's wings?

LINK

LINCOLN — The Nebraska men's basketball roster, which had 14 scholarship players to start the week, now is at 11.

And it could fall to nine depending on the result of a meeting next week between rising senior center Jorge Brian Diaz and new coach Tim Miles, and research done on junior-college signee Fahro Alihodzic.

Three players were granted releases Wednesday — one from his scholarship (freshman wing Josiah Moore from Norcross, Ga.) and two from letters of intent signed in November (forward Keith Coleman of Marshalltown Community College and wing Jerran Young of McLennan CC).

Miles said Moore wanted to move closer to home. The 6-foot-5, 210-pounder scored just 28 points all season.

The 6-foot-9, 250-pound Coleman and the 6-5, 195-pound Young both heard from Miles, who also talked to their coaches.

"With a new regime, those guys only have a two-year career left, and they want to make sure it's right,'' Miles said. "Other coaches have been watching them all year."

Continue Reading

LINCOLN — The Nebraska men's basketball roster, which had 14 scholarship players to start the week, now is at 11.

And it could fall to nine depending on the result of a meeting next week between rising senior center Jorge Brian Diaz and new coach Tim Miles, and research done on junior-college signee Fahro Alihodzic.

Three players were granted releases Wednesday — one from his scholarship (freshman wing Josiah Moore from Norcross, Ga.) and two from letters of intent signed in November (forward Keith Coleman of Marshalltown Community College and wing Jerran Young of McLennan CC).

Miles said Moore wanted to move closer to home. The 6-foot-5, 210-pounder scored just 28 points all season.

The 6-foot-9, 250-pound Coleman and the 6-5, 195-pound Young both heard from Miles, who also talked to their coaches.

"With a new regime, those guys only have a two-year career left, and they want to make sure it's right,'' Miles said. "Other coaches have been watching them all year."

Continue Reading

Great read Nex thanks for the post. I know this may be premature but I feel like I'm going to have my Husker fix for the time between TGving and the bowl game and then the time between the bowl game and the Spring Game.

You've got me pumped Tim Miles. Please don't let Husker Nation down.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Coleman was pretty disappointing this year. LIke averaging 6 points and boards a game. Not what was really expected from someone that was once dubbed the "refridgerator" for taking up space in the lane. He dunked a bunch, but some say that was the part of the game he cared about the most.

The Fahro thing will be interesting. We all know what the answer would be if it was just him or him and a buddy but it was pretty much the WHOLE team.

As for Moore transferring, a kid has got to do what he feels most comfortable with. Please, PLEASE give Briggs a call. I know Miles doesn't want to be heavily involved with JUCOs but Briggs is perfect for his situation. Plus the kid absolutely tore it up down in Kansas and WANTS to come to NU.

Hearing from a couple guys in the program that Diaz won't be returning. Not that it's too much of surprise. Scholarships are really starting to open up, hopefully Miles can get a couple quality recruits in yet this year, but don't make Doc's mistake i.e. be willing to have open schollies for a year until you can evaluate and get the guys you really want.