Anyone else having problems running the HB toss?

No matter what formation or athlete, as soon as the back gets the toss, he runs, and then as he is about to turn upfield, he stops, turns, and then starts running. Its about a two second pause, usually resulting in a loss because the back stops running allowing the defense to close in.

This is in coach mode by the way, No problems when i switch to normal and actually control the back.

Even if I controll the back the OLB just blows through and tackles him for a five yard loss 8 times out of 10. But when that doesn't happen it's usually a nice gain.

I definitely run my own offense. It is basically a combination of Georgia Tech and Ohio State. I really enjoy running the option, both old school and new school!

I really like to run the option too. I just find it almost impossible to run the traditional option without a OLB blowing it up. 1/10 times it goes for a huge gain but every other time it's -5 yards. I used UL Monroe as a base for a while because it has a lot of shotgun formations with 2 TE's which I like to use. I switched to Vandy to go a little more pro but I'm thinking of going to Miss. St. they have a lot of shotgun formations with a FB in there and option plays with the slot WR.

I definitely run my own offense. It is basically a combination of Georgia Tech and Ohio State. I really enjoy running the option, both old school and new school!

I suck at GT's offense. I love running the read option in shotgun with a fast QB, but GT's offense is way too difficult to run with on heisman mode.

I could never read the DE quick enough on the triple option out of the flexbone. That and holes never seem to open up. I just stick with Shotgun/Pistol and some I.

Yeah the super LB's will read and kill EVERY option play you throw at 'em unless you do read option with a quick qb.

I can get the triple option out of the split shotgun or with a slot guy in motion to work alright for the most part but if it's under center you better try it on first down so you have time to get out of the hole you just dug yourself in.

I suck at GT's offense. I love running the read option in shotgun with a fast QB, but GT's offense is way too difficult to run with on heisman mode.

I could never read the DE quick enough on the triple option out of the flexbone. That and holes never seem to open up. I just stick with Shotgun/Pistol and some I.

Yeah the super LB's will read and kill EVERY option play you throw at 'em unless you do read option with a quick qb.

I can get the triple option out of the split shotgun or with a slot guy in motion to work alright for the most part but if it's under center you better try it on first down so you have time to get out of the hole you just dug yourself in.

When I run the read in shotgun with Martinez I will fake to the RB everytime. The linebacker will always bite. When it comes to the DE it's a 50/50. However I noticed when he does stay put, a very quick spin move toward the INSIDE will get past him most of the time. If you spin to the outside he will wrap you up.

I usually read the end and it's a good play for me unless the defense brings 7 or 8 guys then the play is done either way. Now I know you can spin away, never thought about that. Have you ever tried the QB Wrap?I've never gotten it to work at all. I also run a fair amount of the QB Power play which usually goes for six points or a six yard loss it seems.

Just curious who all else creates their own playbook and what type of offense do you run?

Question. Can you create your own playbook for online play? If so, everyone is about to be hosed.

You could in 12. But you had to select it when you were picking your team (same screen as uniforms and defensive scheme). It took FOREVER if the team wasn't alphabetically close to what you named the playbook. People would leave before I got to it. So you needed to set it as your default playbook in settings, but then you have the same problem if you want to switch to the teams actual playbook. I don't own 13 so I don't know if it's the same or not.