Might as well start the thread, doesn't look all that impressive as far as improvements but I'll inevitably buy it... :facepalm:

RG3 is the cover athlete which is awesome! :ahhhhhhhh

ncaafootball13cvr.jpg

The shrouded figure in the back will be filled by a past Heisman winner chosen by voters. Candidates are Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, Doug Flutie, Desmond Howard, Charlie Ward, Andre Ware, Eddie George, and Herschel Walker. I'd vote for Desmond but he's already had a cover (06) Voting is here.

Updates for 2013

- "Sights and Sounds" - EA sent sound crews to major stadiums around the country and recorded game audio. They're also adding scenes for rivalry trophies. The audio sounds great but the trophy sequences are kind of underwhelming. My grade B+

- Gameplay - New ways in which QB's and WR's respond to plays. Also a "read and react" defensive AI system...whatever that means. My grade D+

- Dynasty - Mid game updates from Herb and Nessler (No Erin Andrews or Jenn Brown so D) New Recruiting features including scouting and dynamic grades...C

- Heisman Challenge - You can "utilize the skill set" of a past Heisman Winner to match his past play. I have no idea what this will amount to so I'll hold on judgement.

- Road to Glory - New feature lets you "see and feel the game differently during key moments." D-/F

Status quo with their modus operandi, EA promises to deliver "FLASHY NEW STUFF" in order to garner as many buyers as possible; and make them beta testers for two whole months while they figure out why their mid-game updates cause the player tendencies to be backwards.

So true dude, I can't remember if it was '11 or '12 but you could pump fake backward and get every DB to immediately bolt back toward the line of scrimmage, instant TD every time...it took EA MONTHS to fix.

This platform has been ruined. Until they want to put the same effort as is in the madden gameplay, it will continue to stay that way.

Madden doesn't exactly fulfill all our hopes and dreams from a football videogame either...

This stale old engine is stale and old. EA needs to reboot the entire thing using actual physics and behavioral AI.

• Fire 1

Even given the age of the engine I still much prefer NCAA to Madden. I used to purchase both every year but haven't bought Madden in five years and find it almost unplayable now. NCAA is the better game, they just don't put effort into it.

I'd like if they...

1. Brought back FCS schools.

2. Introduced stadium and facility expansions...maybe through a booster/backer system where your performance impacts donations and ticket sales.

3. Perfect recruiting...Alabama should not be in the top 3 for every recruit in the country year after year after year

4. Tweak a few things...colors, uniforms, stadiums etc

5. Expand on the coaching career track in dynasty, that was a good add on but they need to keep running with it.

There are so many problems with the NCAA franchise that I won't be buying this installment at release, like I have the others. The same things I complained about in NCAA '12 were relevant in '11 and '10. Each year, EA adds new toys to the game without effectively fixing the core mechanics of the game, which have been broken for several editions.

Recruiting is broken and unrealistic, secondary defenders make impossible plays and have four and a half foot verticals, blockers still ghost from time to time, quarterbacks can't run horizontally to save their life, the option game is useless, the zone-read won't work even if you make the correct read, etc., etc.

The game is completely unrealistic unless you adjust sliders, and I hate having to do this every - single - year. Oh, yeah, and the engine sucks and has been in use for two editions now.

I'll buy it in December of this year, if and only if, after months of playing, I see the overwhelming problems have been fixed and no new ones have been created. But, I'm not holding my breath.

There are so many problems with the NCAA franchise that I won't be buying this installment at release, like I have the others. The same things I complained about in NCAA '12 were relevant in '11 and '10. Each year, EA adds new toys to the game without effectively fixing the core mechanics of the game, which have been broken for several editions.

Recruiting is broken and unrealistic, secondary defenders make impossible plays and have four and a half foot verticals, blockers still ghost from time to time, quarterbacks can't run horizontally to save their life, the option game is useless, the zone-read won't work even if you make the correct read, etc., etc.

The game is completely unrealistic unless you adjust sliders, and I hate having to do this every - single - year. Oh, yeah, and the engine sucks and has been in use for two editions now.

I'll buy it in December of this year, if and only if, after months of playing, I see the overwhelming problems have been fixed and no new ones have been created. But, I'm not holding my breath.

This. And I dont really care about recruiting, off season, etc.. when I play these games. They need to stop adding that crap and work on the gameplay, which IMO, Madden has done much better. Madden just feels much more smooth and realistic than NCAA.

Lyons, I amend your statement and add, "if EA would put as much time into the game play of NCAA as they do FIFA, then and maybe then will the game play the way a real game does."

Aside from the referee not seeing fouls, the game [FIFA] plays incredibly like real life if you play it how you are supposed to.

Lyons, I amend your statement and add, "if EA would put as much time into the game play of NCAA as they do FIFA, then and maybe then will the game play the way a real game does."

Aside from the referee not seeing fouls, the game [FIFA] plays incredibly like real life if you play it how you are supposed to.

Good point, I love fifa. Definitely a game that doesn't get old.

I just realized that the whole problem is that EA is just too big a company to be putting out the football games year after year.

This is why so many people loved NFL 2K5 and considered it far superior to Madden 05. It's because NFL 2K5 was developed and put out by ESPN, and they didn't have a ton of other crap to work on at the same time. They did have some, but not as much as EA. If we could find a developer that didn't have to worry about NCAA, Madden, NBA, NCAAB, NCAA Baseball, Extreme Sports, MMA, etc... year after year, it would probably increase the quality of the game immensely.

Unfortunately, EA has the contract to continue putting these out for how long...? If we had somebody that actually focused on the games themselves, they'd play a heck of a lot better. Instead we get some faceless corporation that is gonna do the absolute minimum year after year to make it seem like they actually care about how much the game improves or that they actually listen to player's suggestions.

I just realized that the whole problem is that EA is just too big a company to be putting out the football games year after year.

This is why so many people loved NFL 2K5 and considered it far superior to Madden 05. It's because NFL 2K5 was developed and put out by ESPN, and they didn't have a ton of other crap to work on at the same time. They did have some, but not as much as EA. If we could find a developer that didn't have to worry about NCAA, Madden, NBA, NCAAB, NCAA Baseball, Extreme Sports, MMA, etc... year after year, it would probably increase the quality of the game immensely.

Unfortunately, EA has the contract to continue putting these out for how long...? If we had somebody that actually focused on the games themselves, they'd play a heck of a lot better. Instead we get some faceless corporation that is gonna do the absolute minimum year after year to make it seem like they actually care about how much the game improves or that they actually listen to player's suggestions.

You're right, but people will continue to buy it, and they will continue to make crap. I haven't bought ncaa for 4 years.

Good point, I love fifa. Definitely a game that doesn't get old.

Oh yeah, FIFA is the one game that EA hasn't ruined. I will actually say that playing FIFA is what got me interested in soccer, and most of it was because of the realistic gameplay.

And I'm not planning on getting NCAA is year, at least not on release day. I am fairly content with 12 (even with all the countless flaws), but I have been bit in the a$$ too many times by buying basically the same product every year. I miss the NCAA and Madden games for the regular Xbox. Now those games were awesome.