Enhance I think you and I have made our dislikes about this game well know. It really is just a shame though, because they have the ability to make an amazing game that could sell millions of copies, but they don't... I feel bad complaining this much but some of their short cuts are so stupid. I played it again last night and had a roughing the passer call as time expired in the first half and play just ended, no untimed down nothing. Most people who watch football know you should get one untimed down, how hard can it be to program that if and or statement into the game.

You're absolutely right. I don't necessarily think the dev team doesn't understand it, either. They've been doing it for so long and they've been forced to create a new product every year, which I think incites laziness and a need to create a product over a quality product. If they took at least two years to make their next one, which wouldn't happen, we'd have a pretty sports game. As we all know, a lot of sequels or full-on additions to games take years to produce, and sometimes a decade (like in Diablo 3's case).

Anybody get a chance to watch the webcast today? They revealed a lot of details about dynasty mode that I was really hoping they were going to put in: In-game studio updates with Reese Davis, ESPN bottom line, new and improved recruiting, etc...

It's great that they're putting that in there, I'm still a wait and see buyer this year, but if there are no glaring issues with the game from day one, then I might be picking it up within the first week it's out.

ANother thing i love about the game is if you throw a bad pass it's getting picked and going the other way. It's realistic.

Sometimes.

I took a video of the perfect example last year. I had a receiver running a post route down the middle by the left hash mark, and the defender was at the right hash mark. My WR makes his cut, I throw the football with (and I'm not over-exaggerating) perfect accuracy. The defender takes one step to the left and then quite literally slides five yards and makes an amazing block on the ball. There's no physical way that a human being could have made that defensive play in real life. It was almost like the computer calculated the chance of a successful pass as soon as I threw it, decided it was time I missed one, and intentionally made it so I screwed up.

Obviously, it's a video game, but it's a video game entirely based on a real-life sport. And when it comes to sports games, you can't fool around. I don't get mad at the game if I do something that was stupid (like throwing a jump ball into triple coverage). I do get mad, though, when the game bends it's own principles into uncanny ways of screwing me over.

I would put money down the AI makes a 'roll' on if there is a complete pass or int, similar to how things would work in an RPG. I have not bought an NCAA title in years from the issues like these.

Selling exclusive licenses has been a horrible end result for the consumer. And MLB is the only major sport that does not have an exclusive deal set up.

To the FIFA comments earlier, I would guarantee the reason why it is a better product is that it is a worldwide better seller than NCAA and will have more money, resources and people to work with. NCAA sells ok in the US and won't even be sold over seas. FIFA is sold in every worldwide region.

Anybody get a chance to watch the webcast today? They revealed a lot of details about dynasty mode that I was really hoping they were going to put in: In-game studio updates with Reese Davis, ESPN bottom line, new and improved recruiting, etc...

It's great that they're putting that in there, I'm still a wait and see buyer this year, but if there are no glaring issues with the game from day one, then I might be picking it up within the first week it's out.

If you follow the link to the main page and go under media they have the second half of the podcast there.

Got this in an email today from EA.

http://ebm.em.ea.com..._BPqZrmB8i3I46-

I have a feeling studio updates could either be really annoying or turn into Erin Andrews and entrances, where nobody pays attention to them after the first couple times.

I don't know, because both Erin Andrews and the entrances are ALWAYS the same. At least the studio updates will change with the seasons. Every year won't bring Michigan being upset by Bowling Green. To me, these studio updates and the bottom line will probably never get old.

Like I said, I will peruse the message boards when NCAA releases and gauge the general consensus of the gaming world.

Got this in an email today from EA.

http://ebm.em.ea.com..._BPqZrmB8i3I46-

I have a feeling studio updates could either be really annoying or turn into Erin Andrews and entrances, where nobody pays attention to them after the first couple times.

The problem is they can't make anything specific or non-generic. If people think regular college football analysis is too generic, which many do, they're going to be even less impressed by this.

BTW, you can reserve the game for $44.99 currently in both iterations on Amazon.com.

Just FYI, if you're going to succumb to temptation anyway...

I'll have no problem paying full price for it if the reviews, after a few months, are pretty good.

Oh EA and NCAA Football, how the mighty have fallen for my former favorite video game where we would look forward to every July. There are so many things wrong with NCAA Football on the PS3/Xbox 360, most of it has already been stated here. I still prefer NCAA 05, 06, 07, and 08 on the PS2 as opposed to the Next-Gen systems of College Football. In-fact, I still play NCAA 07 daily on my PS2.

I have bought NCAA on next gen, but I haven't bought it used since NCAA 10, from the 2009 year. I have either bought it used [no profit to EA], or my roommate [who was the absolute best online player on the PS2 and XBox playing days] would buy it and I would try it out. We both agree next-gen is broke, but what can you do when online for XBox and PS2 is no longer functioning and we love college football a ton.

The one thing that is extremely missing in the franchise is jumping and one on one battles in the air. You cannot jump catch on Next-Gen NCAA but you can jump as a defender/defensive back. That hinders the offense because EA can't code defense to play correctly. Ratings should have an effect on this. My 6'6" receiver with a jump rating of 89 should be able to out jump a 5'11" corner back with a jump rating of 70. It's absolutely ridiculous that you can't have one on one battles in the air like you could on PS2. Some say that it was cheesing on PS2, but you could jump with the defender to user jump swat or user pick on defense to combat the jump catch on PS2. It came down to user skills, on next-gen that is not the case.

There are so many things broken with the game-play

-Before a receiver cuts on a route, the defensive back mirrors the receiver and cuts TWO STEPS before your guy does. Now yes, we run that defensive scheme with Bo [match-read zone and try to mirror routes] but that is real life, this is a game where they jump EVERY route EVERY time to PERFECTION. It doesn't work like that in real life. Sometimes, yes, we do a great job of it under Bo, but it shouldn't happen all the time, or even against worse teams like Idaho who play like Alabama every game.

-Super linebackers bat every pass down

-Make the right read in the zone read but still lose yards

-Throw a perfect Post Route but it gets jumped by the safety who is out of position in Cover 2

-Inability to jump with receivers but you can jump with defenders

-Hard to user-control linebackers when playing defense

-Hard to jump with defenders, you have to strafe by backing up to the cursor, which is dumb because that only happens if it's a lob in real-life

-Option game is useless, guys don't make correct blocks/stay on blocks, and quarterbacks are slow even though their acceleration and speed are good for scrambling

-Almost impossible to throw over the middle deep, or sideline deep [unless it's a corner route against certain coverages]

-Man up. Defenders do not man up on their correct receivers in certain coverages

-EYES IN THE BACK OF THE DEFENDERS HEAD! I cannot stress this enough either. A corner will be running man to man with a receiver, then you throw to the other open receiver, you lead him, but the defender who is manned up on another receiver, INSTANTLY turns as you throw the ball, and picks it off BEHIND HIM without even looking. There are NUMEROUS videos proving this point.

-The Defensive A.I. knows what plays you are calling.

Example: [this happens a lot on PS2 but happens just as much on PS3 and there are videos showing this as well] 1st and 10 on the computers 35. I have used ONE formation the whole drive, I-Form Normal. Been running either option or various running back runs. I decide to call play-action from the same formation. The computer, who has been blitzing to stop the run in a 4-3, comes out in a DIME formation and drops everyone in coverage when I snap and run play-action.

Another one that upsets me: 3rd and 6, I come out trying to fool the defense in Shotgun 4 Wide, and call a HB Draw. The defense, who should come out in a Dime or 3-2-6, comes out in a 4-3 and slants to the middle of the offensive line to stop the draw. There is no reason why a defense would come out against 4 WR with a 4-3 base.

Another: Call an option to the right side when you've been running weak-side options out of I-Form Normal. Defense calls 4-3 over, and slants to the right side where the option is going to go, when the whole drive I had been running a weak option and other runs to the weak side, but the minute I call for a strong side run, the computer knows it instantly.

Last one: Goa-line: I come out in a Pistol Slot formation and am going to run an option. Computer defense comes out in goal-line and blitzes the corners who would have left all the receivers open. So next time at the goal-line, I come out in a Pistol Slot and call a pass play, and the computer defense comes out in a Nickel or Dime package.

Yes, I know the answer is to audible, which I do, that is obvious. But even if you audible WITHIN THE FORMATION the computer audibles to the correct packages against the audible, as they should if it's a different offensive formation, but there are mismatches. The fact isn't I should audible when I see mismatches, I can already tell that and do audible if a play will not work, but that's not the point.

The point is, the computer defense should not know what plays you are calling and come out in odd base defenses to stop a certain play when it's obvious I could throw it deep against a 4-3 with 4 WR and score. The point is they are not programmed correctly to counter productively, rather, they know what you are calling.

I am not complaining about the franchise because I suck, I can hold my own on Next-Gen PS3 and I am very, very good on PS2 [but not as good as my roommate who is a defensive GOD but my offense might be slightly better than his...maybe lol] but the fact that simple physics and simple coding and simple football tactics are completely broke, is absolutely ridiculous.

That's just game-play and that was more of an introductory into how bad the game-play is. I could go into further detail even more, and more-so if I actually played Next-Gen NCAA more. I could go on an on about presentation, recruiting, graphics, features, etc.

And +1 to the mention of ESPN NFL 2K5. Hands down one of the best video game football experiences ever, that game STILL destroys Madden today, and that game came out in 2004.

• Fire 4

Just to clear up one thing about 2K5. ESPN NFL 2k5 was developed by Visual Concepts, published by 2K Sports [who is under Take-Two interactive with the GTA franchise now] and ESPN was ONLY used as a LICENSE for graphics and presentation. ESPN did nothing to develop that game, but add in their music, menus, over-lays, commentator [Chris Berman] and NFL style shows. That is all they did, they allowed 2K to use the license for presentation, which was GENIUS.

Ever since EA got the ESPN license, and exclusive rights for that matter, you see NO ESPN integration in ANY of the games like 2K did.

2k3 was actually the first of the series to use ESPN. Games like NFL 2K3, NBA 2K3, and so on through 2K5, used the ESPN licenses and they got better and better every single year. They actually used it. EA only got it so they could keep it from everyone else. Yes, the NFL did put up their rights for auction and they can do that legally and EA bought it, but, you can't tell me that EA didn't persuade the NFL or ESPN into doing that. They knew they could just buy the licenses out and put 2k out of business in football. EA tried to do this with the NBA but thankfully the NBA said no, and now we have the best basketball game ever in NBA 2K11 out. With competition we now have one of the best baseball games ever in MLB 11 The Show [if you have a PS3 that is :)]

Competition breeds success, the free market does work, unfortunately, EA took the easy way and cheap way out. Although they lost a ton of money and dwindling sales over angry consumers with the decline in their games in regards with the NFL exclusive rights, they won the video game football war with dollars instead of programing.

Business sense it was a great decision, yes, but creative and competitively and what's best for the consumer? No way.

Oh EA and NCAA Football, how the mighty have fallen for my former favorite video game where we would look forward to every July. There are so many things wrong with NCAA Football on the PS3/Xbox 360, most of it has already been stated here. I still prefer NCAA 05, 06, 07, and 08 on the PS2 as opposed to the Next-Gen systems of College Football. In-fact, I still play NCAA 07 daily on my PS2.

Couldn't agree with you more about the franchise nose-diving with these consoles. I'm really hoping that EA comes out with a much better quality game for the next generation of consoles, because they aren't going to fix the games with the current consoles. I think they are starting to hear the rumblings from the people around the gaming world about how low the franchise has really gone, but they are making money just by being the 'next game' in the series that people will just buy it to play with the new players.

EA got it right with the XBOX and PS2. It was then turned into an absolute clusterf#@k. I can get past super linebackers and mind reading defenses, but the game physics I just can't accept. If it takes a player ten steps to run five yards, then something is seriously messed up with the game engine. They may have fixed it, but that's something that always annoyed the crap out of me.

Just to clear up one thing about 2K5. ESPN NFL 2k5 was developed by Visual Concepts, published by 2K Sports [who is under Take-Two interactive with the GTA franchise now] and ESPN was ONLY used as a LICENSE for graphics and presentation. ESPN did nothing to develop that game, but add in their music, menus, over-lays, commentator [Chris Berman] and NFL style shows. That is all they did, they allowed 2K to use the license for presentation, which was GENIUS.

Ever since EA got the ESPN license, and exclusive rights for that matter, you see NO ESPN integration in ANY of the games like 2K did.

2k3 was actually the first of the series to use ESPN. Games like NFL 2K3, NBA 2K3, and so on through 2K5, used the ESPN licenses and they got better and better every single year. They actually used it. EA only got it so they could keep it from everyone else. Yes, the NFL did put up their rights for auction and they can do that legally and EA bought it, but, you can't tell me that EA didn't persuade the NFL or ESPN into doing that. They knew they could just buy the licenses out and put 2k out of business in football. EA tried to do this with the NBA but thankfully the NBA said no, and now we have the best basketball game ever in NBA 2K11 out. With competition we now have one of the best baseball games ever in MLB 11 The Show [if you have a PS3 that is :)]

Competition breeds success, the free market does work, unfortunately, EA took the easy way and cheap way out. Although they lost a ton of money and dwindling sales over angry consumers with the decline in their games in regards with the NFL exclusive rights, they won the video game football war with dollars instead of programing.

Business sense it was a great decision, yes, but creative and competitively and what's best for the consumer? No way.

The free market can also breed collusion. The NCAA can deal with whomever and however they so choose. EA ponied up the dough and here we are. I wonder if going to the NCAA about releasing the exclusivity rights would help, expressing the displeasure with the titles and everything.

Someone was talking about how having exclusive deals for both Madden and NCAA might have to go by the wayside for one or the other games because EA is starting to take hits financially with market share, customer service, and needing to focus on other titles. I'd like verification on that though.

I could have sworn that exclusivity contract was supposed to be coming up for expiration here soon...