ANother thing i love about the game is if you throw a bad pass it's getting picked and going the other way. It's realistic.

Sometimes.

I took a video of the perfect example last year. I had a receiver running a post route down the middle by the left hash mark, and the defender was at the right hash mark. My WR makes his cut, I throw the football with (and I'm not over-exaggerating) perfect accuracy. The defender takes one step to the left and then quite literally slides five yards and makes an amazing block on the ball. There's no physical way that a human being could have made that defensive play in real life. It was almost like the computer calculated the chance of a successful pass as soon as I threw it, decided it was time I missed one, and intentionally made it so I screwed up.

Obviously, it's a video game, but it's a video game entirely based on a real-life sport. And when it comes to sports games, you can't fool around. I don't get mad at the game if I do something that was stupid (like throwing a jump ball into triple coverage). I do get mad, though, when the game bends it's own principles into uncanny ways of screwing me over.

LOL...so true. I "love" how you can hold a team scoreless through 3 quarters and then all of a sudden, you give up 28-35 points in the 4th quarter. And don't get me started on the computer's defense. DL, even the ones on the bad teams are able to absolutely trash your OL and be unblockable, LBs able to jump 6 feet in the air to intercept a pass over the middle, a DB able to run to the left and then immediately run to the right and seemingly close 10 yards in literally .0001 seconds. The last EA NCAA game I bought was '11. I didn't even bother with '12 and I'm not real sure if I'm going to buy '13 either. I mean I get that EA has a tough balance to strike between making the game too easy versus too hard. But yeah you're right, even on '11 trying to run the zone read is impossible because the one of the DEs seemingly are always unblocked or the block is half effort and your QB or RB is tackled instantly. And if you're going to run the option then you have to have a TE on the side you're running the option to. Try to run an option to the open side of the formation and the DE crashes down and the play is done. My "favorite" thing though is when I'm on defense and the ball literally passes through my player's hand, body, or helmet with no deflection at all. I believe you call that ghosting. I could go on and on....lol.

I have a crazy idea. Why don't we start a petition with a list of our "grievances" and send it to EA Sports? Or even threaten a boycott of the game until most of the ridiculous flaws are addressed? We could even tell EA that it would okay for them to not put out a game, say skip '14, if they promise to fix eveything for '15. Because it seems to me that the only way EA will listen to what we have to say is if it actually affects them financially. Thoughts?

I have a crazy idea. Why don't we start a petition with a list of our "grievances" and send it to EA Sports? Or even threaten a boycott of the game until most of the ridiculous flaws are addressed? We could even tell EA that it would okay for them to not put out a game, say skip '14, if they promise to fix eveything for '15. Because it seems to me that the only way EA will listen to what we have to say is if it actually affects them financially. Thoughts?

Have you never heard of Operation Sports?

No, what is it?

No, what is it?

See for yourself. This single website is directly and indirectly responsible for the majority of the significant contributions to NCAA and Madden since next gen consoles started.

This is why i am not paying another $60 for a NCAA game. I paid for one last year, it sucked. This one sucks as well. So i am sticking with my current version of NCAA Football 2012.

I'll debate on whether i want to pick up Madden this year though. Its been about 5 - 7 years since i've played the game. I hate mulligans.

I may be wrong...but isn't a DE going to be unblocked on the Zone Read? Thus giving the play its name, because the QB has to make a read based on what he sees the DE doing as to whether he keeps it or hands it off to the running back.

I've seen enough positive things for me to buy this game on release day. I will live with whatever problems come after release day.

I may be wrong...but isn't a DE going to be unblocked on the Zone Read? Thus giving the play its name, because the QB has to make a read based on what he sees the DE doing as to whether he keeps it or hands it off to the running back.

I've seen enough positive things for me to buy this game on release day. I will live with whatever problems come after release day.

Sometimes the DE is blocked and sometimes he isn't blocked. What i don't like about the zone-read is if the DE is blocked and you hand it off to the back, as soon as you do, the DE sheds the block and is right there to hit you.

It makes sense when i think about it. When ever i have had success playing this game, its when i do the opposite of what the play is designed to do. For example, If i run a PA play and hand it off. Call a pass play and sprint with the QB. Pick the wrong gap to run through usually gets me a big gain. Instead of taking a toss to the oustide, i cut back to the middle and usually get a 10 - 15 yard gain. If i'm passing, i have more success throwing across my body to the opposite side of the field, rather than right in front of me.

Well yes, but the point is that teams all across college football run the zone read and very rarely have the DE just shoot in and make a tackle. That's because in reality a DE has to play his responsibility. On a video game, since the computer knows what play you've called, it can just blow up your play without thinking. That's the overall point of what we're talking about.

Well yes, but the point is that teams all across college football run the zone read and very rarely have the DE just shoot in and make a tackle. That's because in reality a DE has to play his responsibility. On a video game, since the computer knows what play you've called, it can just blow up your play without thinking. That's the overall point of what we're talking about.

Yes the DE or whoever is going to be the read is left unblocked, an exceptional defensive player could theoretically stop the Zone Read without actually choosing between the QB or the RB, but in NCAA 12 the problem was that no matter what you did they made the tackle on the ball carrier right away unless they stunted. Even if the defender chooses the RB once the QB keeps the ball the defender immediately pivots and usually tackles the QB for a loss since the QB's sprint was non existent in the backfield. Or if the QB gives the defender immediately pursed the RB and tackled him from behind. And the general blocking was so poor that if the defender stayed at home and you give to the back he only gains a yard or two if any.

I've said it before but I think the biggest problem with NCAA 12 was that the AI reaction time was un-humanly fast, they were so fast the the new momentum that was implemented for lateral movement was basically negated and the whole game was screwed because of it. It destroyed the passing game on multiple levels, the option game, and even the return game to some extent. But NCAA 13 demo seems to have fix this, so I have my fingers crossed that they don't screw the pooch again on the final product.