3. Defense isn't bad, most of my games have been in the 20's or 30's. The Dbs actually look real now. This might be stupid to complain about excuse they finally made them not be able to make unreal ints, but they drop so many wide open pics it's crazy. Passing is tough, and I can count probably 5 times a game where there should have been a wide open int. granted they shouldn't pic them all or it wouldn't be fun, but some are so wide open it's rediculous

I know I'm probably nit picking and being overly critical but that is one thing that's always bugged me. The DB has his shoulders square to the ball and his hands in perfect placement with no one around and he drops it... Couldn't they make an animation where he miss judges it, or his hands get tangled, or he has stone hands and is fumbling for it until it hits the ground. I think 427 new catch animations and then adding 3 defensive drop animations wouldn't have been too much to ask.

exactly. Show us why he dropped it, not because he just has butterfingers. They will make int's in traffic, but anything right to them is hard to int.

Finally won a game 13-3 to misery Martinez had 3 interceptions, 104 yds passing. Abdullah had 101 rushing yds.

Is it me or do the players get injured really easily in this game? Rex was injured on the 2nd play of the game.... There were 10 other injures in that game as well

Finally won a game 13-3 to misery Martinez had 3 interceptions, 104 yds passing. Abdullah had 101 rushing yds.

Is it me or do the players get injured really easily in this game? Rex was injured on the 2nd play of the game.... There were 10 other injures in that game as well

Doesn't happen to me that often. What mode was that on? I play on heisman.

I play on heisman on my online dynasty. It's a lot harder from last year. Oh btw I'm thinking about getting an Xbox too

I play on heisman on my online dynasty. It's a lot harder from last year. Oh btw I'm thinking about getting an Xbox too

Do it

Three questions for those of you who have the game.

First, did they fix quarterback speed in the backfield? If any of you ever ran the option game in 2011 or 2012, you'd know that the quarterback had about the worst acceleration of any player on the field. Most quarterback runs, option plays, etc., blew up in the backfield. Do quarterbacks still have this uncanny lack of speed in the backfield?

Second, have they fixed the zone read and triple option read? I.e. do they finally work like they're supposed to or are they fundamentally useless like they've been for the past two years?

Third, is defender speed/awareness more realistic? I.e. do defenders beat your quarterbacks and running backs to the perimeter on most occasions, which again made quarterback option keepers virtually useless.

First, did they fix quarterback speed in the backfield? If any of you ever ran the option game in 2011 or 2012, you'd know that the quarterback had about the worst acceleration of any player on the field. Most quarterback runs, option plays, etc., blew up in the backfield. Do quarterbacks still have this uncanny lack of speed in the backfield?

Second, have they fixed the zone read and triple option read? I.e. do they finally work like they're supposed to or are they fundamentally useless like they've been for the past two years?

Third, is defender speed/awareness more realistic? I.e. do defenders beat your quarterbacks and running backs to the perimeter on most occasions, which again made quarterback option keepers virtually useless.

The quarterbacks have decent acceleration, I do like running the option a bit because I can get trough the hole behind the line. It's usually just whether or not my guys can block the outside lb to whether I get stopped at the line or have a big gain. For the most part it has been better and I can get decent runs, however pitching Isn't working well with me. It seems like Burkhead gets too far behind and sometimes when I pitch he flinges it 5 yards back, usually resulting in a fumble, so inevitably I learned to pitch is early, or not at all, but the option is easier to run.

I'm not sure about your second question because I don't run much triple option, what i do know is if you fake the first handoff in the middle, you can get the lb to bite on it and get a good gain to the outside.

The speed of the dline is what pisses me off. It doesn't effect option because usually try get blocked well, but once they get through your o-line you better be quick to pass or scramble. The dline can catch Taylor in the backfield, and there are tons of sacks during the game because of it. One thing that I'm neutral about on defense is when I take control of my d end an get through, I can push the lunge/dive button about 5 yards away from the qb, and my guy will lock on and lunge that far. I wish the guy would just dive where you push the button because it's more realistic, but I like the fact that I get a lot of sacks because of it.

I just acquired the game yesterday so these answers are subject to change or be modified later...against the computer:

1. QB...You can take off and run on a pass play if you're not really under pressure. However, if you're under pressure you have almost zero chance at getting away. It doesn't matter if your QB has 99 speed and he's being chased by 56 speed DT. Running the option is actually better although you still need to run it almost exclusively to the TE side. Running an option to the open side of a formation results in getting smashed almost immediately and almost guarantees a fumble.

2. The zone read has come a long way. I've actually been able to run it very effectively at times-other times it's a complete disaster. There's no rhyme or reason as to why it works one play then fails miserably the next. What I've found happens when the play fails is the DE to the read side can somehow crash down on the RB, peel off and tackle your QB, all in the span of about .003 seconds. Giving the ball to the FB on the option out of the i-formation isn't even possible with Nebraska's default playbook. In fact, I can't find a single play in the Huskers default playbook where there is a strict handoff to the FB option or not. All the options I've ran and plays I've looked at have been load or sprint options.

3. Defenders speed/awareness is still, at times, remarkably unrealistic. LBs can still, at times, jump seemingly 5 feet in the air to intercept a pass over the middle, although it appears that EA has somewhat addressed this issue.

Other observations:

Running game...is pretty realistic to a degree. Breaking a long TD run is now a lot harder than in past games where all you had to do is get to the outside. Defenders, even computer controlled one, take better angles. There are still the WTF moments but they seem to be less and further in between. Although seeing a 180 pound UCLA running back bowl over a 300 pound DT (Chase Rome) kinda raised an eyebrow. It is still pretty much impossible to run to the open side of a formation though.

Passing game...I'm still learning the nuances of it but it appears to be much more controlled and smooth. It appears that now you can actuall throw passes over the middle and complete them. The hot routes-I wish I could set my own rather than being stuck with the lame default ones.

On the road...It's bizarre because your players, even being up 21 points with 4 minutes to go in the 4th Q, are still "rattled" by crowd noise.

Defense...blitzing is pretty much necessary on every play because playing base man or zone pretty much ensures you'll get run on to the tune of about 6 yards a pop.

Those are my observations for now.

I just acquired the game yesterday so these answers are subject to change or be modified later...against the computer:

1. QB...You can take off and run on a pass play if you're not really under pressure. However, if you're under pressure you have almost zero chance at getting away. It doesn't matter if your QB has 99 speed and he's being chased by 56 speed DT. Running the option is actually better although you still need to run it almost exclusively to the TE side. Running an option to the open side of a formation results in getting smashed almost immediately and almost guarantees a fumble.

2. The zone read has come a long way. I've actually been able to run it very effectively at times-other times it's a complete disaster. There's no rhyme or reason as to why it works one play then fails miserably the next. What I've found happens when the play fails is the DE to the read side can somehow crash down on the RB, peel off and tackle your QB, all in the span of about .003 seconds. Giving the ball to the FB on the option out of the i-formation isn't even possible with Nebraska's default playbook. In fact, I can't find a single play in the Huskers default playbook where there is a strict handoff to the FB option or not. All the options I've ran and plays I've looked at have been load or sprint options.

3. Defenders speed/awareness is still, at times, remarkably unrealistic. LBs can still, at times, jump seemingly 5 feet in the air to intercept a pass over the middle, although it appears that EA has somewhat addressed this issue.

Other observations:

Running game...is pretty realistic to a degree. Breaking a long TD run is now a lot harder than in past games where all you had to do is get to the outside. Defenders, even computer controlled one, take better angles. There are still the WTF moments but they seem to be less and further in between. Although seeing a 180 pound UCLA running back bowl over a 300 pound DT (Chase Rome) kinda raised an eyebrow. It is still pretty much impossible to run to the open side of a formation though.

Passing game...I'm still learning the nuances of it but it appears to be much more controlled and smooth. It appears that now you can actuall throw passes over the middle and complete them. The hot routes-I wish I could set my own rather than being stuck with the lame default ones.

On the road...It's bizarre because your players, even being up 21 points with 4 minutes to go in the 4th Q, are still "rattled" by crowd noise.

Defense...blitzing is pretty much necessary on every play because playing base man or zone pretty much ensures you'll get run on to the tune of about 6 yards a pop.

Those are my observations for now.

Oh man chase must have been pissed after that, hopefully he didn't take his aner out on a towel dispenser in the bathroom :P