My friend got a early demo of Madden and my God it's incredible. I guess there isn't predetermined tackles/animations etc, so everything is based off of physics, supposedly has a good shot to be GOTY

I'd believe it, if they even harnessed half of what the infinity engine should be capable of it will be an amazing game. It's basically impossible for players to clip through each other now and they can trip over each other and spin if they are hit in the air. Essentially mass reacts with mass now, a novel concept I know. Here's some early videos of it in action, but it obviously needs to have some more tuning.

http://www.ea.com/as...inity-engine-e3

The NCAA team had the opportunity to use this engine but chose not to.

My friend got a early demo of Madden and my God it's incredible. I guess there isn't predetermined tackles/animations etc, so everything is based off of physics, supposedly has a good shot to be GOTY

I'd believe it, if they even harnessed half of what the infinity engine should be capable of it will be an amazing game. It's basically impossible for players to clip through each other now and they can trip over each other and spin if they are hit in the air. Essentially mass reacts with mass now, a novel concept I know. Here's some early videos of it in action, but it obviously needs to have some more tuning.

http://www.ea.com/as...inity-engine-e3

The NCAA team had the opportunity to use this engine but chose not to.

Once again, Madden will destroy NCAA.

I just acquired the game yesterday so these answers are subject to change or be modified later...against the computer:

1. QB...You can take off and run on a pass play if you're not really under pressure. However, if you're under pressure you have almost zero chance at getting away. It doesn't matter if your QB has 99 speed and he's being chased by 56 speed DT. Running the option is actually better although you still need to run it almost exclusively to the TE side. Running an option to the open side of a formation results in getting smashed almost immediately and almost guarantees a fumble.

2. The zone read has come a long way. I've actually been able to run it very effectively at times-other times it's a complete disaster. There's no rhyme or reason as to why it works one play then fails miserably the next. What I've found happens when the play fails is the DE to the read side can somehow crash down on the RB, peel off and tackle your QB, all in the span of about .003 seconds. Giving the ball to the FB on the option out of the i-formation isn't even possible with Nebraska's default playbook. In fact, I can't find a single play in the Huskers default playbook where there is a strict handoff to the FB option or not. All the options I've ran and plays I've looked at have been load or sprint options.

3. Defenders speed/awareness is still, at times, remarkably unrealistic. LBs can still, at times, jump seemingly 5 feet in the air to intercept a pass over the middle, although it appears that EA has somewhat addressed this issue.

Other observations:

Running game...is pretty realistic to a degree. Breaking a long TD run is now a lot harder than in past games where all you had to do is get to the outside. Defenders, even computer controlled one, take better angles. There are still the WTF moments but they seem to be less and further in between. Although seeing a 180 pound UCLA running back bowl over a 300 pound DT (Chase Rome) kinda raised an eyebrow. It is still pretty much impossible to run to the open side of a formation though.

Passing game...I'm still learning the nuances of it but it appears to be much more controlled and smooth. It appears that now you can actuall throw passes over the middle and complete them. The hot routes-I wish I could set my own rather than being stuck with the lame default ones.

On the road...It's bizarre because your players, even being up 21 points with 4 minutes to go in the 4th Q, are still "rattled" by crowd noise.

Defense...blitzing is pretty much necessary on every play because playing base man or zone pretty much ensures you'll get run on to the tune of about 6 yards a pop.

Those are my observations for now.

This is very disappointing then. I'm not going to buy it until they release at least one, possibly two patches. These are issues that are extremely important to me and if they are not entirely resolved then it's no better than owning NCAA '12.

Might be the first year I pick up Madden. Haven't been a big fan of theirs but that engine should make each game--each play look and feel different.

Wish NCAA wouldn't have missed the boat on this.

I think it's more of a marketing standpoint. You have the people that liked 12' and enjoy the way NCAA is played and those who like maddens different approach. They are both designed by EA so why in the world would they try to use the same engine the first year? So me and millions of others have to decide which ONE to buy because they feel and play the same? I'm going to get both because they are different. Now don't get me wrong NCAA has to make a change if they want to keep up, and i hope they use the supposedly great system madden uses, but I don't want madden and NCAA to be the same game with different teams.

Might be the first year I pick up Madden. Haven't been a big fan of theirs but that engine should make each game--each play look and feel different.

Wish NCAA wouldn't have missed the boat on this.

I think it's more of a marketing standpoint. You have the people that liked 12' and enjoy the way NCAA is played and those who like maddens different approach. They are both designed by EA so why in the world would they try to use the same engine the first year? So me and millions of others have to decide which ONE to buy because they feel and play the same? I'm going to get both because they are different. Now don't get me wrong NCAA has to make a change if they want to keep up, and i hope they use the supposedly great system madden uses, but I don't want madden and NCAA to be the same game with different teams.

Knowing the NCAA developer's past reputation, they'll probably get the engine next year, and EVERYTHING ELSE will be broken.

Speaking of broken, have any of you come across the infamous freezing issue?