Geez talk about NCAA hatefest...what do you guys play that's so much better? Viva Pinata?

There's nothing really inaccurate about this conversation, though. EA puts out a crap game year after year and they get away with it, because people (including myself) have been stupid enough to buy it.

EA Tiburon is a piece of sh*t when it comes to the NCAA franchise.

• Fire 1

Geez talk about NCAA hatefest...what do you guys play that's so much better? Viva Pinata?

FIFA

Mass Effect 3

Modern Warfare 3

Modern Warfare 2

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Battlefield 3

NBA 2k12

MLB 2k11

College Hoops 2k8

--Need I go on?

• Fire 2

I actually love NCAA football but it is a game you dont have to buy every year... only every other year.

Recruiting got better but they could really improve that a TON.

There are little things here and tehre that they need to change to make it more realistic.

Actually, if you want to play online, you may have to start buying the game every year, *and* paying for an online pass on top of it.

It was buried in EA's "$10 initiative" that leaked some time ago. Of note, they discussed shutting down sports game servers soon after the new title came out--thus ensuring that if you want to play online, you'll have to pony up for the new game. Currently, they're shutting down servers after two to three years.

This is also why EA isn't making PC versions of these titles, as hackers would have this fixed in short order to circumvent their money-grubbing ways.

Even given the age of the engine I still much prefer NCAA to Madden. I used to purchase both every year but haven't bought Madden in five years and find it almost unplayable now. NCAA is the better game, they just don't put effort into it.

I'd like if they...

1. Brought back FCS schools.

2. Introduced stadium and facility expansions...maybe through a booster/backer system where your performance impacts donations and ticket sales.

3. Perfect recruiting...Alabama should not be in the top 3 for every recruit in the country year after year after year

4. Tweak a few things...colors, uniforms, stadiums etc

5. Expand on the coaching career track in dynasty, that was a good add on but they need to keep running with it.

Agreed on all...but on 5 I wish they would expand by letting you start out lower than coordinator. Wouldn't it add replay value to be able to start out as a linebacker coach with only a handful of recruits you deal with in the offseason and similar to NFL Head Coach your coach would have stats that improve over time that affect the player's progression?

Oh and part of the problem is no competition. EA doesn't have other companies pumping out games each year that can threaten their franchise titles so they get lazy.

I made a huge mistake pre-ordering NCAA 2012 and was disappointed. I won't be doing it again. Normally the task of passing on NCAA would very difficult for me, but this year looks promising. With the release of Guild Wars 2, a game that i have waited nearly 5 years for, plus Medal of Honor Warfighter and Assassin's Creed 3. I have no reason to pick up NCAA 2013 only to take it back to Gamestop for in-store credit 2 weeks later.

I have bought the game every year for almost 10 years now and am seriously considering not buying it this year. Aside from the cover athlete and a few little flashy things here and there, it seems to be the same game year after year. Nothing infuriates me quite like someone rolling out 15 yards deep, throwing across the field off the back foot, into double coverage and the receiver coming down with the ball.

I sold NCAA 12 a month after release. I don't know if they released any patches after that, but what I played was unplayable. I don't know how many times I would play a Cover 2 or Cover 3 defense and my safeties would crash the line of scrimmage. Just a bunch of unrealistic garbage would happen, and often times it would result in a 50+ yard touchdown. Outside of Roy's big day, I don't think I can recall a single game I've seen with 3 50+ yard touchdowns, much less have it happen every other game.

looks like they stamped a 13' on the 12' game...pretty pathetic if you ask me, hell id rather player ncaa '5-8' rather than any of the other ones, these new ones feel like a video game and almost getting farther away from reality. im a huge fifa player. i never bought 2012 but i play it with my friends a lot. The 2012 gameplay is so much more realistic than 2011 and its refreshing that they are making progress on fifa. although i still enjoy 2011 better because im a lot better at it. I traded in my ncaa 2012 a few weeks after i bought it, and i dont think ill purchase ncaa 2013. only fifa 13

That video footage looks like they went into a diabetic coma, woke up, re-uploaded all the old ncaa '12 software thinking it was the brand new stuff and are touting as ncaa '13.

Holy cow! They're making quarterbacks throw more than one kind of pass! How innovative! How cutting-edge! How this-should-have-been-in-from-the-beginning-you-idiots!

That video footage looks like they went into a diabetic coma, woke up, re-uploaded all the old ncaa '12 software thinking it was the brand new stuff and are touting as ncaa '13.

Holy cow! They're making quarterbacks throw more than one kind of pass! How innovate! How cutting-edge! How this-should-have-been-in-from-the-beginning-you-idiots!

They even had this on the franchise from the XBOX and PS2 days and dropped it moving to the next gens. One of many, many reasons why I haven't bought a single EA Sports college football game since they switched over to the newest platforms.

Holy cow! They're making quarterbacks throw more than one kind of pass! How innovate! How cutting-edge! How this-should-have-been-in-from-the-beginning-you-idiots!

They even had this on the franchise from the XBOX and PS2 days and dropped it moving to the next gens. One of many, many reasons why I haven't bought a single EA Sports college football game since they switched over to the newest platforms.

The only reasons I bought '11 and '12 were because '11 was using the new engine and I essentially got '12 for free.

'13, from that video footage, somehow looks graphically worse than '12. I don't know if they covered that footage from a tube television or what, but it doesn't look good.

In fact, it looks like a carbon copy of '12.

looks like they stamped a 13' on the 12' game...pretty pathetic if you ask me, hell id rather player ncaa '5-8' rather than any of the other ones, these new ones feel like a video game and almost getting farther away from reality. im a huge fifa player. i never bought 2012 but i play it with my friends a lot. The 2012 gameplay is so much more realistic than 2011 and its refreshing that they are making progress on fifa. although i still enjoy 2011 better because im a lot better at it. I traded in my ncaa 2012 a few weeks after i bought it, and i dont think ill purchase ncaa 2013. only fifa 13

They peaked after the Reggie Bush one, whatever year that was. I played that game non-stop....