SIGNED OG D.J. Foster

Nexus

For the first time in forever we have distance on our side! Lets hope they keep reminding him of that and the family atmosphere being that his brother is already on the team! My fear is the same as yours...lose him to the SEC. Georgia, Vandy, Florida, I just hope the other two dont come calling...funny part is of all the teams Arky hasnt offered yet.

Now up to 7 offers. The 3rd SEC team Vandy has offered. If he is looking at academics hard he will like this offer a lot.

If he is academic minded and wants into the SEC, I could see Vandy or Florida as strong competition. Bama does not provide the academics. Nebraska obviously is a strong academic institution, he has a brother on the team, immediate family living in the area, he would be instate, and has grown up in Nebraska (since the age of 6), so most signs point N (just not the SEC comment).

Nebraska isn't exactly a strong academic institution. I think we sometimes get that confused because of the academic all-americans. We provide a tremendous amount of support to our student-athletes, but that doesn't mean we are a great academic institution. All that really means is that our athletes get good grades. It really isn't a reflection on the content of the education.

Nebraska is not a powerhouse in every degree. However, they are ranked in the top 10% nationally for several programs (e.g., business and biology/agriculture). They also have a veternary school, a great sport psychology and biology program, and observatorium (facilities not found everywhere). So, it would really depend on what degree Foster was after (which is the case for any undergraduate).

Anyway, I think you are proving my point with your argument, which is our student-athletes (which Foster will be) get great support from the university to succeed in the academic realm.

Now up to 7 offers. The 3rd SEC team Vandy has offered. If he is looking at academics hard he will like this offer a lot.

If he is academic minded and wants into the SEC, I could see Vandy or Florida as strong competition. Bama does not provide the academics. Nebraska obviously is a strong academic institution, he has a brother on the team, immediate family living in the area, he would be instate, and has grown up in Nebraska (since the age of 6), so most signs point N (just not the SEC comment).

Nebraska isn't exactly a strong academic institution. I think we sometimes get that confused because of the academic all-americans. We provide a tremendous amount of support to our student-athletes, but that doesn't mean we are a great academic institution. All that really means is that our athletes get good grades. It really isn't a reflection on the content of the education.

Nebraska is not a powerhouse in every degree. However, they are ranked in the top 10% nationally for several programs (e.g., business and biology/agriculture). They also have a veternary school, a great sport psychology and biology program, and observatorium (facilities not found everywhere). So, it would really depend on what degree Foster was after (which is the case for any undergraduate).

Anyway, I think you are providing my point with your argument, which is our student-athletes (which Foster will be) get great support from the university to succeed in the academic realm.

http://www.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/ugtable_3-20.html

118th is top 10 percent?

Anyway, I think you are providing my point with your argument, which is our student-athletes (which Foster will be) get great support from the university to succeed in the academic realm.

http://www.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/ugtable_3-20.html

118th is top 10 percent?

Their MBA program is in the top 10%.

Ranked #28

http://cba.unl.edu/news/unl-mba-program-leaps-22-spots-in-u-s-news-rankings/?contentGroup=Home

Guess it depends on the poll. But the Business School was just an example to demonstrate that depending on the degree he is after, UNL has resources available to him and may actually be nationally ranked.

Bryan Munson@BigRedBryan

D.J. Foster from Lincoln (Nebr.) Southeast verifies #Florida offer and that he's on an unofficial visit to #Alabama.http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1270873.html

In my view it is a good thing he is taking a trip to Alabama now instead of later. If he returns without an offer, I feel an offer will likely not be in his future. If he gets the offer then I would suspect he is gone. Better he get an offer now, if it were to ever happen, than January 2014.

I feel that the fate of this trip will determine how the rest of his recruitment goes.

Again all I will say is the whole thought "if Bama offers, he's gone" does not hold near the weight it once did

Is there new info from DJ?

Let's just say that Paul knows what he's talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...