NU vs Mizzou-Thanks for the Memories

roy helu explosion. i love how it was no big deal he went for 300 yards. if trent richardson, lattimore, etc. go for 300 they win the heisman and get sucked off on espn for at least 2 months.

Wait.... They do that at ESPN?

Maybe not anymore, with all of their female talent leaving for morning television or other up-and-coming sports networks (e.g. NBC Sports).

Then again, considering it's ESPN, I'm sure they'll just have ole' Lou Holtz go sans ill-fitting dentures one day...

I think the Urban Dictionary entry for "gummy bear" should have a picture of Lou Holtz sans dentures. :lol:

Wow, this thread took an odd turn.

Eddie George got 7 more yards vs Illinois in 95. To be fair George had more carries and had Pace to run behind.

8 more carries than Helu to be exact.

Helu averaged 11ypc.

George averaged 8.7ypc.

Tommie will accept delivery of his Heisman at Mr. George's convenience. ;)

Unlike other years, there were more than one deserving of that award. However, George won the Heisman and Tommie Frazier won a NC. If you asked either one which way they would have liked to end that season, you know what the answer would have been. OSU losing the last 2 games really sucked. John Cooper could recruit with anyone in the nation but he could NEVER win the ones that mattered most.

Eddie George got 7 more yards vs Illinois in 95. To be fair George had more carries and had Pace to run behind.

Helu averaged 11ypc.

George averaged 8.7ypc.

Unlike other years, there were more than one deserving of that award. However, George won the Heisman and Tommie Frazier won a NC. If you asked either one which way they would have liked to end that season, you know what the answer would have been. OSU losing the last 2 games really sucked. John Cooper could recruit with anyone in the nation but he could NEVER win the ones that mattered most.

I'm just giving you crap. No harm meant. :thumbs

Helu averaged 11ypc.

George averaged 8.7ypc.

I'm just giving you crap. No harm meant. :thumbs

No worries. I don't get worked up over Internet message boards so I don't take anything said on these things personally.

You also had this play vs Missouri that really had no impact on the season.

Michigan would have killed you that year. :)

Not many RBs in the history of college football have had a better afternoon than Helu did against Mizzou. Have any?

I love how Illinois continues to run their base set on D despite just being sodomized by Eddie George on every play. No surprise given the quality of coaching they've had over the years.

I was at that game vs Illinois. FWIW the Illini D had Simeon Hardy & Kevin Rice (and had lost Dana Howard from the year before).

The most impressive single game performance I've seen live was Marshall Faulk's game against Pacific (386 yards & 7 TDS).

Helu averaged 11ypc.

George averaged 8.7ypc.

Unlike other years, there were more than one deserving of that award. However, George won the Heisman and Tommie Frazier won a NC. If you asked either one which way they would have liked to end that season, you know what the answer would have been. OSU losing the last 2 games really sucked. John Cooper could recruit pay recruits with anyone in the nation but he could NEVER win the ones that mattered most.