Husker Baseball Recruiting Thread

I don't think they're saying how or if this change might affect walk on's. Hopefully it won't and yes @BigRedBuster I agree, if the roster limitations don't get implemented this would negatively affect balance. I just can't imagine them doing only the scholarship change and not the roster limitations. 

2 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I don't think they're saying how or if this change might affect walk on's. Hopefully it won't and yes @BigRedBuster I agree, if the roster limitations don't get implemented this would negatively affect balance. I just can't imagine them doing only the scholarship change and not the roster limitations. 

Well...we are talking about the NCAA here.

3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

5 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Hmm .. yes the roster size would be reduced from 40 to 32 but the talent level will likely improve. It also spreads the talent out across the entire sport and with NIL money offerings it very well may result in more 4 & 5 year players as the college experience offers many comforts not offered in the minors. Top players earning more from NIL will keep them in college. This results in less turnover and better competition, yes?

I don’t think it will result in better competition at the D1 level, and may actually reduce it. I think lower division teams  may benefit more. 

I guess it would end the walk-on program. It might even cause some programs to drop baseball.  Walk-ons add more to the success of a team outside of playing time.