Jump to content
HuskerFanChuck

Husker Baseball Recruiting Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Erstad let another one get away. This time Max Anderson of Millard West to Texas A&M. Yikes.

Hadn't even offered him yet.  Pathetic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Hadn't even offered him yet.  Pathetic

Kid is an absolute stud.

 

Erstad did land a couple good prospects in Omaha and the surrounding areas this past class.

Got a couple good ones from Grand Island and then the Gomes kid and Feekin and Perry.

 

Surprised he hadn't offered yet. In June the word from MW was that he was going to be getting one soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

I'm curious, what does top 35 signify exactly? Just that we recruited better than everyone in the B1G besides Illinois?

 

I like Erstad just fine, just wondering why I keep seeing really good players from Omaha and Lincoln slip through his fingers, sometimes without even attempting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I'm curious, what does top 35 signify exactly? Just that we recruited better than everyone in the B1G besides Illinois?

 

I like Erstad just fine, just wondering why I keep seeing really good players from Omaha and Lincoln slip through his fingers, sometimes without even attempting.

 

If you are saying that we had the 2nd best recruiting class in the B1G that isn't a bad thing....

 

I haven't researched where these "Lincoln and Omaha" kids are going but there are a lot of place in the United States that can draw a midwestern kid that wants to play a warm weather sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 8:33 AM, GBRFAN said:

 

If you are saying that we had the 2nd best recruiting class in the B1G that isn't a bad thing....

 

I haven't researched where these "Lincoln and Omaha" kids are going but there are a lot of place in the United States that can draw a midwestern kid that wants to play a warm weather sport

So... if you look above, Max Anderson out of Millard West just committed to Texas A&M. Nebraska did not offer him.

 

If Nebraska offered and he said no, I want to go somewhere where it is warm, then you'd have a case. Otherwise, it doesn't even fit this particular scenario.  2nd best in the B1G isn't very good TBH, in college baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

So... if you look above, Max Anderson out of Millard West just committed to Texas A&M. Nebraska did not offer him.

 

If Nebraska offered and he said no, I want to go somewhere where it is warm, then you'd have a case. Otherwise, it doesn't even fit this particular scenario.  2nd best in the B1G isn't very good TBH, in college baseball.

f7FdEdG.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

So... if you look above, Max Anderson out of Millard West just committed to Texas A&M. Nebraska did not offer him.

 

If Nebraska offered and he said no, I want to go somewhere where it is warm, then you'd have a case. Otherwise, it doesn't even fit this particular scenario.  2nd best in the B1G isn't very good TBH, in college baseball.

 

Should a coach just throw out offers and then go see if there is interest or does it make sense to see if a kid has a desire to stay locally and then plan accordingly.  If a kid is good at a sport and the local team isn't a national power then going to a warm climate for an outdoor sport is a dream come true.

 

The B1G isn't a power in baseball but why should Nebraska expect to be better than 2nd - not saying we can't wish to be better but saying that second sucks seems aggressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

 

Should a coach just throw out offers and then go see if there is interest or does it make sense to see if a kid has a desire to stay locally and then plan accordingly.  If a kid is good at a sport and the local team isn't a national power then going to a warm climate for an outdoor sport is a dream come true.

 

The B1G isn't a power in baseball but why should Nebraska expect to be better than 2nd - not saying we can't wish to be better but saying that second sucks seems aggressive.

Okay, so either you know Erstad talked to Anderson or you don’t.  Is that how it went or no? If you don’t know, don’t say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Okay, so either you know Erstad talked to Anderson or you don’t.  Is that how it went or no? If you don’t know, don’t say.

 

Likewise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our football coaches have offered scholarships to almost 400 players for 2019.  I'm sure that they made sure every player was interested in Nebraska before doing so.  So Erstad gets a pass for not offering ANOTHER LOCAL PLAYER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×