Question(s) about UCLA game

a) Is anyone here thinking about going?

b) This one is more general but I only care for the UCLA game. When do we usually find out what time the games are? I have a friend who lives in Hollywood and it's a 14 mile bike ride from her place, so I'm hoping the game starts before 5pm. I found a route that is on streets that all have speed limits under 35. So if you guys hear about that gang that wears Husker gear pulling a woman off her bike and stabbing her to death in the face, you'll know it was me. (Or I suppose it would be their rival who would be doing the stabbing)

b) This one is more general but I only care for the UCLA game. When do we usually find out what time the games are? I have a friend who lives in Hollywood and it's a 14 mile bike ride from her place, so I'm hoping the game starts before 5pm. I found a route that is on streets that all have speed limits under 35. So if you guys hear about that gang that wears Husker gear pulling a woman off her bike and stabbing her to death in the face, you'll know it was me. (Or I suppose it would be their rival who would be doing the stabbing)

If I had to guess I would say this game will be either a night game or a 230 kick. It will probably get quite a bit of hype.

If I had to guess I would say this game will be either a night game or a 230 kick. It will probably get quite a bit of hype.

Why would it?

You will be totally safe, nobody knows Nebraska is coming to the Rose Bowl, and if they did they would not care. Football in SoCal is nothing compared to Nebraska, USC can not even sell a lot of games. UCLA has been down and spiraling for awhile. My guess not more than 60K in attendance.

We are not going, not doing a tail gate still at this time. Wife seems set in stone on it. Sad as we had such a fantastic one at the SC game a few years back.

Be careful riding your bicycle in LA. Not really a friendly place to ride a bike. I ride nearly every day of the year and would never ride in that area. West of Redlands it gets scary. I know more people who were killed on bicycles than in car accidents since I have lived here. Take a bus or taxi, take the bike to the beach and ride on the walkway, way more fun, or Santa Ana Bike Trail, from high mountains, nearly to the beach now.

You will be totally safe, nobody knows Nebraska is coming to the Rose Bowl, and if they did they would not care.

That's why I wouldn't be safe. If they don't know there's a Husker game they'll just assume I'm in the gang. (Alright, highly unlikely, but it was supposed to be humerous). There was an article posted here awhile back about a gang in L.A. that wears Husker shirts. "A Mexican street gang in California, The Norteños, is embracing Nebraska Cornhuskers’ gear. Unfortunately, it’s not because they they have fond memories of Tommy Frazier from their childhood."

Football in SoCal is nothing compared to Nebraska, USC can not even sell a lot of games. UCLA has been down and spiraling for awhile. My guess not more than 60K in attendance.

We are not going, not doing a tail gate still at this time. Wife seems set in stone on it. Sad as we had such a fantastic one at the SC game a few years back.

Be careful riding your bicycle in LA. Not really a friendly place to ride a bike. I ride nearly every day of the year and would never ride in that area. West of Redlands it gets scary. I know more people who were killed on bicycles than in car accidents since I have lived here. Take a bus or taxi, take the bike to the beach and ride on the walkway, way more fun, or Santa Ana Bike Trail, from high mountains, nearly to the beach now.

I might not end up doing it, but I google earthed the whole route and all of the streets were either 30mph speed limits (or less), or there were very few pedestrians on the sidewalks. But maybe I should wear football pads just in case.

Again this is not Nebraska. Although the Glendale/Pasadena area is very nice place, people do not concern themselves with bicycles out here when driving. You almost become a target it seems. People throw stuff at you, swerve towards, get as close as possible and then yell at you as they ride by. Not all are like that, but it just takes a couple to totally destroy a good bike ride. If it is a night game, I would not want to ride back to Hollywood in the dark at 9-10pm.

We have the crips and Bloods here, as the main gangs, crips blue, bloods red, but there are hundreds of smaller divisions of gangs. I doubt the gangs would bother you. But who knows, I avoid LA like the plague. I have lived out here 40 plus years. Never go to LA if I can avoid it. Will not fly into it, always go to John Wayne or Ontario. The traffic is horrendous every single day of the week, and it seems worse on the weekends.

But Pasadena is beautiful, the stadium is old but has a majesty about it. I am working hard on the other half to go, but her hate for Bo is way way way out there. Not worth having a miserable week by going. See more on TV, but will really miss having the tail gate. At SC we had nearly 1000 people that we fed and provided drinks for. I think the best time I ever had at a football game and made some life long friends of some SC fans who were parked right by us.

I will check on the tailgating price for the RoseBowl, it was not much compared to SC. I think we paid 500.00 bucks for the truck and trailer at the SC game and less than a 100 for the 2001 MNC game.

UCLA fans are really great fans, and have a great time at the game. We had season tickets back in the late 90's and went to a lot of games, but it is nothing like home. More of a gathering than a support for the team. You will enjoy their fans and the stadium I am sure, and it is hard to beat the weather in SoCal that time of year.

Again this is not Nebraska. Although the Glendale/Pasadena area is very nice place, people do not concern themselves with bicycles out here when driving. You almost become a target it seems. People throw stuff at you, swerve towards, get as close as possible and then yell at you as they ride by. Not all are like that, but it just takes a couple to totally destroy a good bike ride. If it is a night game, I would not want to ride back to Hollywood in the dark at 9-10pm.

We have the crips and Bloods here, as the main gangs, crips blue, bloods red, but there are hundreds of smaller divisions of gangs. I doubt the gangs would bother you. But who knows, I avoid LA like the plague. I have lived out here 40 plus years. Never go to LA if I can avoid it. Will not fly into it, always go to John Wayne or Ontario. The traffic is horrendous every single day of the week, and it seems worse on the weekends.

Points taken

I am working hard on the other half to go, but her hate for Bo is way way way out there. Not worth having a miserable week by going.

That is easily the most idiotic reason I've ever heard of for not going to a game. (On her part, not yours). A team isn't about one individual person, even if it is the head coach.

That is easily the most idiotic reason I've ever heard of for not going to a game. (On her part, not yours). A team isn't about one individual person, even if it is the head coach.

haha - it's ironic you post a response like this in a forum discussing UCLA - when 99% of the reason most on this board hate UCLA (and surprisingly there is a large number considering we rarely, if ever come accross them) is because of Neuheisel. The other 1% still are pissed they wasted their time participating in the Owa thread.

haha - it's ironic you post a response like this in a forum discussing UCLA - when 99% of the reason most on this board hate UCLA (and surprisingly there is a large number considering we rarely, if ever come accross them) is because of Neuheisel. The other 1% still are pissed they wasted their time participating in the Owa thread.

The two are barely related, imho. We're talking about a team that she loved/loves for several years (I'm assuming) and called/calls herself a fan and she is not going to see HER team because the coach upsets her. UCLA is some random other team that the people on this forum were never fans of in the first place so it doesn't matter whether or not people hate UCLA or why they hate them if they do.

You will be totally safe, nobody knows Nebraska is coming to the Rose Bowl, and if they did they would not care. Football in SoCal is nothing compared to Nebraska, USC can not even sell a lot of games. UCLA has been down and spiraling for awhile. My guess not more than 60K in attendance.

You let the wife make game day decisions? Would not happen in my Big RED home.

T_O_B

G>B>R

T_O_B

G>B>R

If the wife is making YOUR BIG RED desicions, it sounds like she may need to wake up with sticky hair.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Me either. UnPC or not, it'll be a cold, cold day in hell before my wife or "any" other woman tells me I can't watch the BigRedMachine. Lol.......nope, I don't think that's ever going to happen.

:rulez