Spring Game Weather Forecast - Yikes

Press conference scheduled for later this afternoon to determine the rescheduling...it might be tomorrow for free.

No reshedule. No spring game this year.

Stay safe guys, nasty stuff still hasn't developed yet.

Remember, Dusty says stay out of the suck zone.

I don't think they do refunds.

tickets are good for a baseball or softball game.

Osborne said, Lightning was the big reason why the cancelled it.

Bo said that they won't reschedule it because of scheduling conflict. They just want to move on. I respect that.

Press conference scheduled for later this afternoon to determine the rescheduling...it might be tomorrow for free.

No reshedule. No spring game this year.

Stay safe guys, nasty stuff still hasn't developed yet.

Remember, Dusty says stay out of the suck zone.

Yeah, these storms right now only appear to be a primer, to get the atmosphere ready for later tonight. Stay frosty. Things are about to get crazy.

Dammit, that was pretty anticlimactic. Had the best seats I've ever sat in too.

Looks like we can exchange the tickets for any home baseball or softball game too. No refunds though.

Oh well, time to drink some margarita's and eat a cheeseburger...

NICE!.....Really like your attitude about the development! Thanks Tom for looking after the team and fans!

Good decision not to have the game. Bummer for everyone but know one got hurt because of potential storms. Now, we will have to wait and see what happens during fall practice and the first game. I had tickets but not big deal here. Dr. Tom made the correct call. (as usual)

Would have been nice if that receiver caught the ball in 1983...but going for the win was Tom choice and I still respect it to this day

It's official - 4/14/12 was a very crummy day. Spring Game rained out, we didn't realize the volleyball match was at 5pm (we thought it was 7pm) so we missed that, and now the family is in the basement hiding from the midnight storm. Go away, 4/14. I do not like you.

HAHAHA...LOL....if for anything, you have made my day and it's officially 4/15

It's official - 4/14/12 was a very crummy day. Spring Game rained out, we didn't realize the volleyball match was at 5pm (we thought it was 7pm) so we missed that, and now the family is in the basement hiding from the midnight storm. Go away, 4/14. I do not like you.

I don't know what you're talking about, I was outside watching it. Besides the spring game being cancelled I'd say today was very eventful.

It sounds like it isn't going to get severe until later Saturday night. Scattered storms during the afternoon.

Would they consider postponing the game till Sunday if it gets too bad, or just cancelling it altogether?

I doubt they cancel it.

I doubt they cancel or postpone it. There would have to be tornadoes on the ground before they'd do that.

Looking back can be humerous at times. :dunno

Nebraska got pretty lucky. The afternoon storms actually cooled things down enough to a point where the nighttime storms didn't get too bad. As it was, still some funnel clouds north of Lincoln. If the environment had been a bit less stable, you might have seen the kind of carnage they got in Kansas and Oklahoma tonight.

As for Lincoln tornadoes.... I lived near the airport and one just missed us by maybe 1/2 a mile. Would have been approximately 30 years ago. It was April 3rd, because my brother's birthday was the day before, and they had a tornado drill at school. Then the very next day, there was an actual tornado. That's the only one I can remember, though. I moved in '84.