New Mizzou Uniforms and helmets

you kinda lose the right to talk smack about getting handled by new teams with the two bloody beatings ne took last year. but then again thats just me.

Does that mean Ohio State fans gain the right to talk smack towards the SEC due to the beat downs of Mizzou (and A&M for that matter)?

Speaking of which does Corby Jones still walk scared?

• Fire 2

It's going to be a shame having those pretty yellow jerseys full of green grass stains on the back. Mizzou's defense is going to run over by some of those teams. I like the helmet on the left but don't like that jersey at all. the other 2 are fine. Can't wait to see what our team comes up with this fall for our one game. Hopefully they don't suck.

you kinda lose the right to talk smack about getting handled by new teams with the two bloody beatings ne took last year. but then again thats just me.

I'm not talking smack. Just stating the obvious. You have a defensive line that can't stop the run and the SEC is smashmouth football. We had the same problem with Wisky and Michigan. You'll take a couple years to get the right personnel.

It's going to be a shame having those pretty yellow jerseys full of green grass stains on the back. Mizzou's defense is going to run over by some of those teams. I like the helmet on the left but don't like that jersey at all. the other 2 are fine. Can't wait to see what our team comes up with this fall for our one game. Hopefully they don't suck.

I'm not talking smack. Just stating the obvious. You have a defensive line that can't stop the run and the SEC is smashmouth football. We had the same problem with Wisky and Michigan. You'll take a couple years to get the right personnel.

actually run defense has been a recent strong point of the D. Its also the part of our D that has been putting players in the pros over the last 4 years...

Does that mean Ohio State fans gain the right to talk smack towards the SEC due to the beat downs of Mizzou (and A&M for that matter)?

Speaking of which does Corby Jones still walk scared?

I would think Ohio State might want to try and actually beat an SEC team before they talk any smack...you know because it was 1988 the last time you did...

As for as Corby, Katz hit him hard and Corby kept on truckin in that game. Dude was a stud. A big part of MU's first two winning seasons in 18 years.

Nuance,

For me It will take some getting used to with no block M. But I understand why they did it. I cant tell you how many times i have been asked about Michigan if I am wearing a dark colored or grey shirt with the block M on it.

The basically polled a ton of people outside of MO and most knew the tiger head, but would say Michigan, or Miami Ohio or Marshall or any other of the number of school that use the block M

I think bean was getting at the fact that Missouri has never ranked higher than 26th in Rush Defense the past few years, with a couple of pretty mediocre years in there as well.

Combine that with some pretty stout rushing offenses in the SEC West and you guys are going to have your hands full. But that's nothing you didn't already know.

I think bean was getting at the fact that Missouri has never ranked higher than 26th in Rush Defense the past few years, with a couple of pretty mediocre years in there as well.

Combine that with some pretty stout rushing offenses in the SEC West and you guys are going to have your hands full. But that's nothing you didn't already know.

Couple of things, The big12 teams run more than the SEC teams believe it or not. There are a number of teams in the big12 that ran more often, for more yrds total & per game than the SEC teams did.

Alot of that could be the speed of the big12 . They run alot of plays. Not often do those teams use much, if any of the play clock. With that said, four of the past 5 years MU has been 33 or higher against the run, including a top rank of 18th, in what they give up per carry. So top 25% of CFB. The one year they didnt finish there, they give up a handful of long runs that F'ed that avg. They did it all year. 30 carries for 80 years then 2 for 160.

The second thing is that Mizzou is in the SEC EAST. We will play LSU, ALA, ARK, AUBURN all once every 12 years...

I would think Ohio State might want to try and actually beat an SEC team before they talk any smack...you know because it was 1988 the last time you did...

Make no mistake, Ohio State has earned the right to to talk smack to Mizzou at any time after kicking the Tigers teeth in.

The same goes for Nebraska fans who have a long history of treating ya'll like Indiana on the field. Heck they can talk smack in the Conference Expansion wars as Missouri was the easy chick flashing her boobs and doing everything possible to gain the B1G's attention...who looked right past her to the cute farm girl standing modestly behind.

Let's not forget that the last ten years are arguably the best in Missouri's history and also the worst for Nebraska since the 50's. Nebraska still managed to squeak out more wins than losses in the series.

Nebraska has even earned the right to talk a bit of smack against Ohio State after last year's results.

Missouri fans have no such luxury.

....but I can see you are just towing the new conference line: Those that can; do. Those that can't, talk smack by proxy (SEC SEC!).

Coincidentally 1988 was the last time an SEC team was willing to play Ohio State outside of their home territory.

Make no mistake, Ohio State earned the right to to talk smack to Mizzou at any time after kicking the Tigers teeth in.

The same goes for Nebraska fans who have a long history of treating ya'll like Indiana. Let's not forget that the last ten years are arguably the best in Missouri's history and they are the worst for Nebraska since the 50's. Nebraska still managed to squeak out more wins than losses in the series.

But I can see you are just towing the new conference line...those that can't, talk smack by proxy.

Coincidentally 1988 was the last time an SEC team was willing to play Ohio State outside of their home territory.

funny how nobody talks about the worst period in MU football being during the same time as Husker highest run.... How do you think they went on the run of wins. look at it before Missouri decided sports where a second tier thing at at univeristy (late 1970's) and once GP got things up and moving in 2003.

As far as Ohio State... Dude we have played 3 times since1949 and you are 2-1. Good lord, your best stretch of John Cooper teams against the first winners at MU in 2 decades....Too bad ol Dan Devine's boys could played and whooped up on those up and down Woody Hayes teams in the 60's because then i could brag about owning you on games that were played decades ago :rolleyes:

As far as your SEC cry story, they have all been bowl games. What did you expect to happen " lets move this bowl game in FL to Ohio so buckeye fans dont whine". And I like the willing thing. If OSU is so bad why cant they win down there? Are you really offering up to even play their teams? I see your conference mates do..but not you guys. Trust me its not a company line, or smack by proxy. Just a CFB fan who knows OSU has the darndest times beating SEC teams.

And BTW I couldnt be happier to be in the SEC instead of the big10. You can say we flashed but not one person from the univeristy said a single word. Fans said things and reporters said things, but not Mizzou. It worked out for the best. We are in the strongest, toughest conference within a region of population boom, not bust. Soon to have a richest TV contract in history and now we have a presence in the most firtile and talented recruiting grounds in the country. Yeah the SEC is stuck up, yeah they talk smack, but they have earned it. By constantly, in all sports, beating others. Maybe thats why they are proud? I dont know. But then again, those who cant, bitch about it. Something some OSU fans have gotten good at.