Ohio State opens up practice to public. Moved indoors due to rain.

NUance

Despite rain, more than 3,000 students show up to see Ohio State go through spring drills

By Associated Press, Published: April 14

<snip>

It was Meyer’s idea to open up the Buckeyes’ practice on Saturday to more than 3,000 fans who showed up with a student ID. Originally scheduled for outside at massive Ohio Stadium, heavy rains chased everyone indoors to the Woody Hayes football facility.

“When I first went to Florida I visited almost every student organization on campus. This place is too darned big and I’m getting a little older, so I can’t do that. So we’re reaching out to the students,” the first-year coach said earlier this week of his time with the Gators, when he won two national championships. “Sometimes we keep forgetting what this is all about is about student-athletes and it’s about the student body and making the collegiate experience a positive thing. So, what’s every student want? They want ownership and access. We’re going to give it to them.”

Ohio State plays its annual spring intrasquad game next Saturday at Ohio Stadium, rain or shine.

LINK

Ohio State held an open practice. It got rained out, so they moved it to their indoor training facility. Where the crowd got to mix with the players. And the crowd loved it.

Say what you will about Urban Meyer. But the guy knows how to please the masses. He's a master at media relations. Just imagine how persuasive he is with recruits.

love that rain or shine jab

Wonder if that jab would extend to "tornado or shine"...?

I love that you guys think the statement had anything to do with the Huskers. :)

Infer much ??

It was a simple statement. Lots of folks use the cliche "rain or shine." Bo has generated some conversation because of the cancellation. It is a legitimate question to wonder if others would make the same decision, given the difference between a wet, inconvenient situation and one that involves player and/or fan safety.

I love it that you Bucks think every statement on a Husker board has anything to do with the Buckeyes. :)

Infer much ??

Nope, not one bit on this end.

Saying they'll definitely play in the rain next week on the same day that they moved practice indoors is not in any way, shape or form a 'jab'.

I love it that you Bucks think every statement on a Husker board has anything to do with the Buckeyes. :)

Are all of your loves equally fictional in nature?

Infer much ??

Nope, not one bit on this end.

Saying they'll definitely play in the rain next week on the same day that they moved practice indoors is not in any way, shape or form a 'jab'.

Are all of your loves equally fictional in nature?

The "love" term is included solely to be consistent as a parody with your statement .............sorry if your "infer-ment" detector failed to recognize...........

And for the record, the "love" term is rarely married to any sentence containing Buckeye, Ohio State, or any variant offshoot in my composition history....

Finally, the discernment of a "jab" can be basically determined by the recipient..........

Nice try though...........