Deverell Biggs

I'm thinking the team Coach Miles had at CSU would have been a bit more competitive in the big 10 than the one Sadler fielded. Probably on par with Minn, Mich, Iowa and NW. While better, it still wouldn't have gotten to the NCAA's more than likely, maybe the NIT. I see hope in the fact that Miles should be able to pull in better players than he did at CSU. I'm more hopeful that the assistant coach with Chicago ties will be able to convince kids to play for a school in the Big 10 than a school out in the mountains in a mid major conference. I haven't been this excited for Husker basketball since the middle of Danny Nee's term here.

Our wishes came true this afternoon for Biggs. Word is out that he committed. It is important for many reasons. It establishes a link to the (only) premier basketball program in Nebraska high School. It lets other recruits know we are now making some noise and creates that spark our program needs to get off the ground. Welcome home Mr Biggs!

http://huskerextra.com/sports/mens-basketball/article_ef3a158e-57bf-5e04-94ad-210da006ab45.html

Our wishes came true this afternoon for Biggs. Word is out that he committed. It is important for many reasons. It establishes a link to the (only) premier basketball program in Nebraska high School. It lets other recruits know we are now making some noise and creates that spark our program needs to get off the ground. Welcome home Mr Biggs!

http://huskerextra.c...0da006ab45.html

as a father of 2 Central grads and having been blessed to marry THE most wonderful woman that ever graduated from Central, I concur with this thought.

I'm thinking the team Coach Miles had at CSU would have been a bit more competitive in the big 10 than the one Sadler fielded. Probably on par with Minn, Mich, Iowa and NW. While better, it still wouldn't have gotten to the NCAA's more than likely, maybe the NIT. I see hope in the fact that Miles should be able to pull in better players than he did at CSU. I'm more hopeful that the assistant coach with Chicago ties will be able to convince kids to play for a school in the Big 10 than a school out in the mountains in a mid major conference. I haven't been this excited for Husker basketball since the middle of Danny Nee's term here.

I would agree with this statement! I hate to get my hopes up too much, but I am excited to see what he can do.

That article says the team hasn't had an in-state signee since 03? How is that even possible?

Well I mean Nebraska isnt exactly a powerhouse for basketball..

It's not, but we should still get at least some of the talent that comes from the state. Miles took a CSU team with 4 Nebraska kids to the tourney this year and Creighton made it with 5. The largest university in the state not being able to get any of the talent that does come around is pretty pathetic.

That article says the team hasn't had an in-state signee since 03? How is that even possible?

Well I mean Nebraska isnt exactly a powerhouse for basketball..

It's not, but we should still get at least some of the talent that comes from the state. Miles took a CSU team with 4 Nebraska kids to the tourney this year and Creighton made it with 5. The largest university in the state not being able to get any of the talent that does come around is pretty pathetic.

I just don't think Doc put a lot of emphasis on recruiting in-state, which is a shame. Nebraska might be putting out talent like Kentucky had this year, but the state does have some good players that get overlooked. I hope Miles keeps looking in-state while he's recruiting.