Husker Draft Picks 2012

Ziggy

With the draft less that 36 hours away, what is everyone's prediction for Nebraska Players getting picked and in what round. I thought it might be a hot topic with Fonzie's situation and the possibility of Crick falling far or not, and who takes a "risk" on David. My predictions to follow shortly.

Crick 2nd I could see him falling a bit.

David 2nd

I think he has the biggest upside because he would be a fantastic special teams player maybe a Hybrid SLB. Or if he can get to 240 he could be a LB.

Dennard is a question mark. I saw on Bleachereport some people said like 6th.

Crick 2nd I could see him falling a bit.

David 2nd

I think he has the biggest upside because he would be a fantastic special teams player maybe a Hybrid SLB. Or if he can get to 240 he could be a LB.

Dennard is a question mark. I saw on Bleachereport some people said like 6th.

Bleacherreport :facepalm:

I would have to agree with you there. BR is not the best place unless you want "Homer" opinions.

I think Crick could possibly go as high as late 1st(Very unlikely) to as low as mid 3rd. I agree with most projections that most likely he will go mid 2nd, mostly because he plays at DT and has shown the ability to play in a 3-4 or a 4-3.

David is a tough one for me, I think he is probably the best defensive player since Suh in the draft. But it is the NFL and the NFL wants prototype players, so I think Mid 2nd to early 4th. Personally I consider him a steal any where in that range.

Fonzie-No matter what he will likely be a steal because he had 1st or 2nd round talent but will likely go after the 4th or 5th round, and due to the recent arrest and charges I honestly could see him as high as the 3rd or as low as the 7th, depends on who needs help and how he responds to teams who ask him what happened.

As for the rest I think its fair to say that its possible they get grabbed in the late rounds of 5-7, I would say Kinnie, Hardrick, Moore and Jones have the best chances of getting drafted, Caputo and Cassidy are probably signing on to practice teams if lucky.

Hardrick and Jones looks to be at best 7th rounders, Moore maybe lucky and be drafted, but i could honestly say I could see a team who runs the ball looking at Kinnie and grabbing him 5th-early 7th rounds. His receiving numbers overall were not terrible considering our offense last year, and he has the size speed and blocking skills to advance in the NFL with the right team, a Steelers, Ravens, other run first teams who ask the WR to catch and block.

For the sake of agruement on Fonzie, I think he will most likely come away without a felony charge, most generally a first offense will get a slap on the wrist. I think most teams are willing to risk a 4-7th pick on a 1-2 round talent. Everyone makes mistakes, and I do not know all that happened that night, or how Fonzie has prepared himself in terms of draftablitiy prior to the incident. I hope for his sake that he listens to advice on how to best handle the situation, and could easily see him in the 4th, the third would mean he handled the backlash well enough teams saw he was willing to take respondsibility for his actions and is willing to try and learn from the incident.