The Ron Brown Religion & Persecution Thread

You could see it that way, or you could see it as God created man and woman for each other, and some people sin by choosing to enter homosexual relationships.

So are you insinuating that God expects the people he created with a strong affinity for the same sex to simply ignore this desire? Or are you saying that an attraction for the same sex doesn't exist and those choosing to be homosexuals are doing so for no apparent reason?

I'm saying the temptation to pursue homosexual relations exists in a lot of people exists. I guess you could call it attraction. Since when is it a bad thing to resist temptation? A lot of times, resisting temptation can be extremely rewarding. In this case, resisting the temptation of a homosexual relationship has a lot of rewards. You are more accepted by society and you save yourself from sin. My $0.02

What is the difference between the love heterosexuals experience and the feelings homosexuals experience? If a homosexual only has an affection for the same sex are they doomed to live their life without a committed relationship if they want to live up to the expectation that homosexuality is a sin? In my opinion, asking a homosexual to not be homosexual is the equivalent of requesting a heterosexual to not be heterosexual.

Knowledge as a sin has always baffled me. Oh no, don't think for yourself, be good little sheep.

Quite right. "Jesus is my shepherd" and all that...protecting the sheep until slaughter.

Another one that has always stuck in my head. If 'perfection' was everyone running around naked, shouldn't we be striving to be doing that again? Not viewing the naked body as 'sinful?' Never made a bit of sense to me.

And if nakedness shouldn't be considered sinful, why did Noah curse Ham for seeing him naked? Cursing Ham's son Canaan to be punished as the lowest of slaves to his brothers.

*Which actually side tracks me and gets me thinking about the Bible's endorsement of slavery...so we'll avoid that ;)

I'm saying the temptation to pursue homosexual relations exists in a lot of people exists. I guess you could call it attraction. Since when is it a bad thing to resist temptation? A lot of times, resisting temptation can be extremely rewarding. In this case, resisting the temptation of a homosexual relationship has a lot of rewards. You are more accepted by society and you save yourself from sin. My $0.02

What is the difference between the love heterosexuals experience and the feelings homosexuals experience? If a homosexual only has an affection for the same sex are they doomed to live their life without a committed relationship if they want to live up to the expectation that homosexuality is a sin? In my opinion, asking a homosexual to not be homosexual is the equivalent of requesting a heterosexual to not be heterosexual.

I agree. Why is a homosexual feeling considered a temptation...while heterosexual tendency is not?

btw, JJHusker...I tried to put it back on topic! :)

This conversation is AIDS

But is AIDS a sin? Clearly AIDS came about by f'ing monkeys and that is a sin. Then it spread by gay sex and that too is a sin! Therefore if you have AIDS you are a sinner!

Look, I fit right into this conversation!

• Fire 1

But is AIDS a sin? Clearly AIDS came about by f'ing monkeys and that is a sin. Then it spread by gay sex and that too is a sin! Therefore if you have AIDS you are a sinner!

Shut up, you're going to hell. Ron Brown is the best human being on the planet and the First Amendment applies to everyone and everything. The other day my dog was barking and I was like "SHUT THE HELL UP" ...but then my dog reminded me of the first amendment and that he had the right to free speech. And I was like, damn, you're right. So I put him in the yard so he could annoy the hell out of the neighbors who were trying to enjoy a beer out on the deck. Losers.

• Fire 1

Shut up, you're going to hell. Ron Brown is the best human being on the planet and the First Amendment applies to everyone and everything. The other day my dog was barking and I was like "SHUT THE HELL UP" ...but then my dog reminded me of the first amendment and that he had the right to free speech. And I was like, damn, you're right. So I put him in the yard so he could annoy the hell out of the neighbors who were trying to enjoy a beer out on the deck. Losers.

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO

A) STOP SMOKING CRACK

and

B) DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR BIPOLAR PILLS

(inb4 ByeByeBigXII corrects me on what bipolar personality actually is)

• Fire 1

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO

A) STOP SMOKING CRACK

and

Bipolar disorder isn't multiple personality disorder.

I agree. Why is a homosexual feeling considered a temptation...while heterosexual tendency is not?

btw, JJHusker...I tried to put it back on topic! :)

Its not about 'love' with Christians is about sex. And when you really get down to it, sex is usually viewed as a sin, one that is the only means of continuing the species. Its a nice catch 22 to 'prove' all humanity is 'sinful'

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO

A) STOP SMOKING CRACK

and

Bipolar disorder isn't multiple personality disorder.

I LOVE YOU

Okay, I'm going to work from the bottom up on your quote.

It is ironic how philosophy professors and others, paid by tax dollars can talk negatively about Christianity, in their classes and not get fired. See a conflict here. Ron Brown, as a person (even though known as a NU coach), folks want him fired, yet professors are free to speak as part of the "higher learning" or enlightenment" of youth.

I'm going to flat out say it. To me, your religion and it's beliefs are based on MYTH. On anecdotal stories in an anonymously written book that is not based on any factual evidence whatsoever. And YOU are in the majority in this country for some reason. YOU are the ones who make laws preventing homosexuals from having the same rights as the rest of us...YOU are the ones holding signs and declaring homosexuals as sinners...YOU are the ones making commercials condemning the lifestyle as doing damage to the fabric of society. Your supposedly "inclusive" religion is anything but. You pick and choose what to follow while ignoring anything that you disagree with or don't feel good about. You preach about how Jesus loves everyone and "only god can judge the sinner"...but then continue to make threats of hell and warn how sinful another person's life is publicly...while, again, ignoring parts of your book that would tell you to do the same towards other sins.

As for being fired, he talks about being fired for standing up for his faith and his God (not because of his thoughts on homosexuality).

His thoughts on homosexuality are only formed by his faith in the biblical god.

The acceptance of homosexuality has become PC, by the media, advocacy groups and others. Nothing wrong with that. My issue is if people speak against it, they are labeled as hate mongers. If Brown, speaks his faith, why do some call for him to be fired. Why do they say it is hate speech? Check out this guy, sponsored by the National Journalists who spoke at a recent HS reference bullying of all thingshttp://radio.foxnews...-girls-cry.html

I'm all for Brown saying what he wants to say. But I'm also free to say his opinion is stupid. If he was a white guy saying that black people shouldn't have special laws for equal protection...or that black people are sinners...would you not consider that a bigoted statement that no one should complain about?

Regarding the link: http://www.huffingto..._n_1340228.html

The one thing that folks across the board, and unfortunately many Christians as well, fail to see is that God can not stand any sin. In the Bible, homosexuality is a sin, as is being envious, jealous, anxious, covetous etc........Man (again sadly Christians) tend to marginalize their sins and look at them through the eyes of man rather than God. I saw a post one time that said, don't hate me because my sin looks different than yours....... So very true. God cannot look upon sin, but commands us to "love our neighbors as our self".

yes, we've heard the "god can't stand any sin" argument. It's brought up time and time again when you try and rationalize why you only pick on homosexuals. (I love how intimately you know your god's reason for everything). When was the last time Brown spoke out publicly against divorces in this country? Or Blasphemy? Or other religions? Or the hundreds of other sins in the Bible that are apparently just as equal?

I'm sorry if I seem heated on this. But I have close family members and friends who are gay and when I hear other people try to rationalize their bigotry and belief system towards this issue...it just really irks me.

• Fire 3

Okay, I'm going to work from the bottom up on your quote.

It is ironic how philosophy professors and others, paid by tax dollars can talk negatively about Christianity, in their classes and not get fired. See a conflict here. Ron Brown, as a person (even though known as a NU coach), folks want him fired, yet professors are free to speak as part of the "higher learning" or enlightenment" of youth.

I'm going to flat out say it. Your religion and it's beliefs are based on MYTH. On anecdotal stories in an anonymously written book that is not based on any factual evidence whatsoever. And YOU are in the majority in this country for some reason. YOU are the ones who make laws preventing homosexuals from having the same rights as the rest of us...YOU are the ones holding signs and declaring homosexuals as sinners...YOU are the ones making commercials condemning the lifestyle as doing damage to the fabric of society. Your supposedly "inclusive" religion is anything but. You pick and choose what to follow while ignoring anything that you disagree with or don't feel good about. You preach about how Jesus loves everyone and "only god can judge the sinner"...but then continue to make threats of hell and warn how sinful another person's life is publicly...while, again, ignoring parts of your book that would tell you to do the same towards other sins.

As for being fired, he talks about being fired for standing up for his faith and his God (not because of his thoughts on homosexuality).

His thoughts on homosexuality are only formed by his faith in the biblical god.

The acceptance of homosexuality has become PC, by the media, advocacy groups and others. Nothing wrong with that. My issue is if people speak against it, they are labeled as hate mongers. If Brown, speaks his faith, why do some call for him to be fired. Why do they say it is hate speech? Check out this guy, sponsored by the National Journalists who spoke at a recent HS reference bullying of all thingshttp://radio.foxnews...-girls-cry.html

I'm all for Brown saying what he wants to say. But I'm also free to say his opinion is stupid. If he was a white guy saying that black people shouldn't have special laws for equal protection...or that black people are sinners...would you not consider that a bigoted statement that no one should complain about?

Regarding the link: http://www.huffingto..._n_1340228.html

The one thing that folks across the board, and unfortunately many Christians as well, fail to see is that God can not stand any sin. In the Bible, homosexuality is a sin, as is being envious, jealous, anxious, covetous etc........Man (again sadly Christians) tend to marginalize their sins and look at them through the eyes of man rather than God. I saw a post one time that said, don't hate me because my sin looks different than yours....... So very true. God cannot look upon sin, but commands us to "love our neighbors as our self".

yes, we've heard the "god can't stand any sin" argument. It's brought up time and time again when you try and rationalize why you only pick on homosexuals. (I love how intimately you know your god's rational for everything). When was the last time Brown spoke out publicly against divorces in this country? Or Blasphemy? Or other religions? Or the hundreds of other sins in the Bible that are apparently just as equal?

I'm sorry if I seem heated on this. But I have close family members and friends who are gay and when I hear other people try to rationalize their bigotry and belief system towards this issue...it just really irks me.

Hit the nail on the head with this post.

Agree 100%.

Yes, I would. But that is about race, not homosexuality. Totally different things.