The Ron Brown Religion & Persecution Thread

If you read my long post up about 10 responses or so you will notice i point this out.....Adam and Eve only became aware of their sexuality after sin entered the world. and there is only one circumstance by which sexual impulse can be acted upon and is not a sin. However, even hetro-sexuals commit sins of sexual immorality on a daily basis through lust and the such.

First off, Adam and Eve did not become aware of their "sexuality". They became aware of their nakedness. If anything, it was shame of being naked (of course, you need to explain to me why receiving "knowledge" is a sin in the first place...to me it seems like god wanted man to remain dumb). But no where does it say "sexuality" as if Adam got a boner the moment he realized Eve was naked.

Also, how is lust considered a sin? I'm assuming you're talking about Matthew 5:28? If so, why isn't it a lustful act for a woman to look at a man? Or a man to look at a man? If looking at someone with lust is a sin, then we'd probably never have any couples getting together in the first place!

Couldn't it be that God created a perfect man and woman (adam and eve) and that they SINNED which caused IMPERFECTION to become manifest in them as punishment for their sin? Hence, disease, etc. is there because Adam and Eve were dumb and rebelled against God thinking they had the right to decide what was good and bad for themselves. Now, we inherit that sin (actually, a genetic weakness or abnormality) as the human race.

Just my thoughts on it. I don't blame God for human problems.

Explain how two human beings who had no knowledge of right and wrong could make such a decision for themselves BEFORE eating of the Tree of Knowledge.

Well, animals also practice rape, murder, incest, theft, physical abuse of others of their own, and cannibalism. What's your point? Should we accept those too because they are 'normal' as well?

Again, you're equating rape, murder, theft and physical abuse....all acts that do actual harm to another living creature...you're equating that to the love one creature (animal, human, etc) has towards another. How do you justify that leap? To me, you've just proven that homosexuality actually is on a higher pedestal than those other acts of violence since it doesn't harm anyone.

• Fire 1

Well, animals also practice rape, murder, incest, theft, physical abuse of others of their own, and cannibalism. What's your point? Should we accept those too because they are 'normal' as well?

Again, you're equating rape, murder, theft and physical abuse....all acts that do actual harm to another living creature...you're equating that to the love one creature (animal, human, etc) has towards another. How do you justify that leap? To me, you've just proven that homosexuality actually is on a higher pedestal than those other acts of violence since it doesn't harm anyone.

Bada-bing! ^^

I also forgot to add to the rumor alert that Dijon Washington may also be transferring, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

thats a good thing. open scholly for someone who may contribute.

if ron brown is canned, thats total bullsh#t. since when can't you stand up for your beliefs? wow. suck it harvey.

I'm equating BEHAVIORS of animals...you opened the door (or someone did) on homosexuality in animals. I just brought in other behaviors and used LOGIC to draw conclusions...which is standard operating procedure in a debate.

And you just gave us a straw man argument for why homosexuality shouldn't be normal in animals by equating it to murder.

• Fire 1

Couldn't it be that God created a perfect man and woman (adam and eve) and that they SINNED which caused IMPERFECTION to become manifest in them as punishment for their sin? Hence, disease, etc. is there because Adam and Eve were dumb and rebelled against God thinking they had the right to decide what was good and bad for themselves. Now, we inherit that sin (actually, a genetic weakness or abnormality) as the human race.

Just my thoughts on it. I don't blame God for human problems.

Explain how two human beings who had no knowledge of right and wrong could make such a decision for themselves BEFORE eating of the Tree of Knowledge.

No. You. :)

What I mean is...I don't have to because it is not part of what we're talking about. Doing so derails the conversation even more than I already have derailed it with all this talk of Adam and Eve.

It is a part of what we're talking about if you're trying to establish what sin is and why humans are inherently "sinful" from birth. AND why I should care about the concept of "sin" with regard to homosexuality

Does this have anything to do with the "Time for coach Brown to move on" topic? Just sayin.

It seems like every time there is an issue with homosexuality as an ancillary issue that this is where we end up.

My prediction- devnet and benny will never reach any consensus on this one. But..... :snacks:

I also forgot to add to the rumor alert that Dijon Washington may also be transferring, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

if ron brown is canned, thats total bullsh#t. since when can't you stand up for your beliefs? wow. suck it harvey.

To hijack. If Brown gets canned it sux. Say all you want about representing NU, but it comes down to what is PC in this country. Attack Christianity, rock on you are a free thinker. Give a view contrary to the PC crowd and you are a hate monger, homophobic, racist etc........ Free speech is only free if goes along with the PC crowd. Would love to see NU stand their ground on this one if they are being pressured to fire Brown.

• Fire 1

Does this have anything to do with the "Time for coach Brown to move on" topic? Just sayin.

It seems like every time there is an issue with homosexuality as an ancillary issue that this is where we end up.

My prediction- devnet and benny will never reach any consensus on this one. But..... :snacks:

lol, I think that's how all our 7+ page discussions go on this board.

But back to topic, I guess I have nothing more to add than what's already been said earlier.

To hijack. If Brown gets canned it sux. Say all you want about representing NU, but it comes down to what is PC in this country. Attack Christianity, rock on you are a free thinker. Give a view contrary to the PC crowd and you are a hate monger, homophobic, racist etc........ Free speech is only free if goes along with the PC crowd. Would love to see NU stand their ground on this one if they are being pressured to fire Brown.

I'd like to think that the majority of people who have a problem with him aren't attacking his faith, but rather a small aspect of it. His faith is what seems to make him a good person and a good coach. He obviously has lived a good life and is a fairly successful man, but (I can only speak for myself here) I want him fired because he has publicly stated that homosexuality is wrong and that he would be honored to be fired for believing that. That's a terrible thing to believe. It has nothing to do with being a religious person. We as a human race shouldn't hate each other for things as trivial as who we want to spend our lives with.

BTW: It's sad that accepting gay people is considered "PC"

lol, I think that's how all our 7+ page discussions go on this board.

But back to topic, I guess I have nothing more to add than what's already been said earlier.

It's not that I mind but I keep checking this topic because there are apparently rumors swirling that Brown is soon to be let go. I am still in the dark on how this got to be such a big deal or how it could be anywhere near reason enough to fire him. I understand that on a couple occasions he was not extremely clear about separating his views from the University and or football team but nobody as yet has clarified why exactly this issue won't die. I don't see evidence of Brown out pushing the issue but it apparently still has legs. :dunno

I'd like to think that the majority of people who have a problem with him aren't attacking his faith, but rather a small aspect of it. His faith is what seems to make him a good person and a good coach. He obviously has lived a good life and is a fairly successful man, but (I can only speak for myself here) I want him fired because he has publicly stated that homosexuality is wrong and that he would be honored to be fired for believing that. That's a terrible thing to believe. It has nothing to do with being a religious person. We as a human race shouldn't hate each other for things as trivial as who we want to spend our lives with.

i totally agree, and ron brown does seem to be a good person, but why did he feel the need to say this publicly. if thats the way that he feels thats fine, but he should know better than to bring up such a controversial subject. sometimes its better to just keep your mouth shut and i think this was one of those times.

and sweet sig, i cracked up when i seen that

Total bullsh#t? Ron Brown thinks it would be a great honor.

i totally agree, and ron brown does seem to be a good person, but why did he feel the need to say this publicly. if thats the way that he feels thats fine, but he should know better than to bring up such a controversial subject. sometimes its better to just keep your mouth shut and i think this was one of those times.

Can we say Mel Gibson?