The Ron Brown Religion & Persecution Thread

Look at it this way: If Sandusky had Ron Brown's morals and beliefs, he never would have touched any little boys.

Because men of God never touch little boys................................................

Oh my... I didn't say that.

That's how it looks.

Here's what he said

"The question I have for you all is, like Pontius Pilate, what are you going to do with Jesus?" Brown asked at the time. "Ultimately, if you don't have a relationship with Him, and you don't really have a Bible-believing mentality, really, anything goes...At the end of the day it matters what God thinks most."

Surely there is more to this?

You don't just wake up and randomly decide to be a homosexual. An attraction to the opposite sex is a behavior that is affected by some aspect of your environment - society or your relationships with people, whatever. I have no idea what you're arguing...what, did one of your friends just wake up and take a bet - "hey dude i bet you $1,000 that you can't be gay for the rest of your life" ...no. Behavior is behavior, and it is almost entirely environmentally determined.

You don't just wake up and randomly decide to be a homosexual. An attraction to the opposite sex is a behavior that is affected by some aspect of your environment - society or your relationships with people, whatever. I have no idea what you're arguing...what, did one of your friends just wake up and take a bet - "hey dude i bet you $1,000 that you can't be gay for the rest of your life" ...no. Behavior is behavior, and it is almost entirely environmentally determined.

Eh hem--no.

Very dissapointed and angered by the remarks of your football coach and his anti-gay homophobic remarks....This is

the Big 10...its 2012....This kind of blatant open discrimination and hatred is NOT what Big Ten Universities are all about.

Get rid of him..the sooner the better it negative PR will only mount and grow worse...

Very dissapointed and angered by the remarks of your football coach and his anti-gay homophobic remarks....This is

the Big 10...its 2012....This kind of blatant open discrimination and hatred is NOT what Big Ten Universities are all about.

Get rid of him..the sooner the better it negative PR will only mount and grow worse...

You seem to forget who leads the prayer for both teams (including your very own Michigan Wolverines, who themselves are a class act, let me tell you) after the game. Oh yeah, it's that same Ron Brown.

We left the Big XII because we were tired of other higher up schools telling our AD and what not, what to do. Don't be Texas.

Sorry but when Ron Brown doesn't disasscoiate his personal beliefs from his work he is representating as a employee of Nebraska.

But aside from that one instance, he has, and has regretted stating is address as being affiliated with Nebraska.

Don't we already have a thread on this crap in the BS Forum with a half dozen pages of gay squabbling?

At least move this thread to the shed so we can say what the f#*k we really think. :thumbs:

• Fire 1

You seem to forget who leads the prayer for both teams (including your very own Michigan Wolverines, who themselves are a class act, let me tell you) after the game. Oh yeah, it's that same Ron Brown.

We left the Big XII because we were tired of other higher up schools telling our AD and what not, what to do. Don't be Texas.

Sorry but when Ron Brown doesn't disasscoiate his personal beliefs from his work he is representating as a employee of Nebraska.

But aside from that one instance, he has, and has regretted stating is address as being affiliated with Nebraska.

We won't know until he does it again and see if he does indeed seperate himself from his work. I'll give him a pass and let's see if he continues or not to do it.

You're right, that was hyperbole. It is generally more environmental than genetic though (and in this case definitely so which was my point)

I think there is some genetic predisposition towards whether or not one is attracted to the opposite sex or not. Though not found yet, I think it's out there somewhere.

And sometimes, behaviors are purely genetic (although rare). And sometimes, behaviors are purely environmental (also rare). Gene-environment interaction is what results in a majority of behaviors. Sure there is a genetic predisposition to x behavior, but the degree to which (or if) x behavior is exhibited depends on the environment in which the person with the genetic predisposition towards x behavior is raised in.

You're right, that was hyperbole. It is generally more environmental than genetic though (and in this case definitely so which was my point)

I think there is some genetic predisposition towards whether or not one is attracted to the opposite sex or not. Though not found yet, I think it's out there somewhere.

And sometimes, behaviors are purely genetic (although rare). And sometimes, behaviors are purely environmental (also rare). Gene-environment interaction is what results in a majority of behaviors. Sure there is a genetic predisposition to x behavior, but the degree to which (or if) x behavior is exhibited depends on the environment in which the person with the genetic predisposition towards x behavior is raised in.

Yep yep. Agree with you 100%. And you've studied human behavior much more than I have (Psych major right?), but GxE interactions no doubt play a huge role in behavior in general at least from everything I have learned. Based on everything I have read, studies show homosexuality to be determined by somewhere around 20-30% genetic, and 70-80% environmental factors.

Comes right down to phenotype vs. genotype. Many people talk about our genetic code- well that is just it, code. How that is expressed is often hugely affected by the environment we live it.

As far as the issue at hand, I think Coach Brown needs to tone it down. He's a great guy and he spoke at my high school once and it was a great speech. But seriously man, you're making us look bad. Stop. I'd hate to see us have to fire you, which would probably only be worse publicity for UNL.

As far as the issue at hand, I think Coach Brown needs to tone it down. He's a great guy and he spoke at my high school once and it was a great speech. But seriously man, you're making us look bad. Stop. I'd hate to see us have to fire you, which would probably only be worse publicity for UNL.

It would be a terrible, terrible mess.