The Ron Brown Religion & Persecution Thread

Not sure if I'll be in the minority or majority here, but honestly I envy Ron Brown's conviction. Someone who stands true to who they are even in the face of all this backlash is an impressive person and a role model in my eyes. Having said that I think maybe he could've done a bit better in getting his message out there so there wouldn't have been all the media attention, but I would be greatly disappointed if he didn't coach here until he retired. From all the people I've talked to on the team they absolutely love him.

• Fire 1

Very dissapointed and angered by the remarks of your football coach and his anti-gay homophobic remarks....This is

the Big 10...its 2012....This kind of blatant open discrimination and hatred is NOT what Big Ten Universities are all about.

Get rid of him..the sooner the better it negative PR will only mount and grow worse...

How about you worry about your own team.

kthxbai

Not sure if I'll be in the minority or majority here, but honestly I envy Ron Brown's conviction. Someone who stands true to who they are even in the face of all this backlash is an impressive person and a role model in my eyes. Having said that I think maybe he could've done a bit better in getting his message out there so there wouldn't have been all the media attention, but I would be greatly disappointed if he didn't coach here until he retired. From all the people I've talked to on the team they absolutely love him.

You would probably take some flak if you posted this in the Ron Brown thread in the BS forum, but I agree with you 100%.

Very dissapointed and angered by the remarks of your football coach and his anti-gay homophobic remarks....This is

the Big 10...its 2012....This kind of blatant open discrimination and hatred is NOT what Big Ten Universities are all about.

Get rid of him..the sooner the better it negative PR will only mount and grow worse...

So what at least he stands up for what he belives in. And the B1G is not above anyone else.

Sandusky?

Tressel?

Yep. The Big Ten is as honest and politically correct as it gets....

But in all seriousness, I don't have a problem with Ron Brown and his beliefs, even though they differ from my own, but as soon as he starts using his position with the team as a podium to share his thoughts about a topic as touchy as homosexuality, then he needs to go.

Basically, what Ron Brown is doing is wrong and is damaging to the reputation of Nebraska, but don't act like the Big Ten is squeaky clean, because it's not. Far from it, actually.

So, let me get this right. It's 10 after 7 on a Friday morning, and this mess had to be posted. You had nothing better to do?

You seem to forget who leads the prayer for both teams (including your very own Michigan Wolverines, who themselves are a class act, let me tell you) after the game. Oh yeah, it's that same Ron Brown.

We left the Big XII because we were tired of other higher up schools telling our AD and what not, what to do. Don't be Texas.

Look at it this way: If Sandusky had Ron Brown's morals and beliefs, he never would have touched any little boys.

Because men of God never touch little boys................................................

Oh my... I didn't say that.

but you left yourself open to it.

Look at it this way: If Sandusky had Ron Brown's morals and beliefs, he never would have touched any little boys.

Because men of God never touch little boys................................................

I'm not having this discussion. Have a great day.

You seem to forget who leads the prayer for both teams (including your very own Michigan Wolverines, who themselves are a class act, let me tell you) after the game. Oh yeah, it's that same Ron Brown.

We left the Big XII because we were tired of other higher up schools telling our AD and what not, what to do. Don't be Texas.

Sorry but when Ron Brown doesn't disasscoiate his personal beliefs from his work he is representating as a employee of Nebraska.

I'm not having this discussion. Have a great day.

of course cause you know you would be wrong.