Question about college FB players and their families and the NCAA

While watching the draft I noticed that several picks appeared to be married, RG III even has two little girls. How does a student athlete support a family. They can't accept lunch at Mc D's, if they arw walking across in the middle of a driving rain storm an Asst. Coach can't offer a ride. so how do they manage a family? Food stamps and Rahman Noodles.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Well they don't have to pay for tuition, meals, housing, book bags or books. So if they have a summer job and make $10k or so I think they could live off that for awhile, not to mention the baby moma probably has a steady income and mom and dad love to help out.

Well they don't have to pay for tuition, meals, housing, book bags or books. So if they have a summer job and make $10k or so I think they could live off that for awhile, not to mention the baby moma probably has a steady income and mom and dad love to help out.

How do you make ten grand between mid May and early August when fall camp starts?

How do you make ten grand between mid May and early August when fall camp starts?

If you live in Norman Oklahoma you can make that much working at a car dealership. And you don't even need to show up! :lol:

Work your ass off! No, 5 grand is probably more realistic for the summer. They also have the whole spring semester to have a part time job, used to see Marcel Jones sweeping the floor at the Grand all the time. Funniest thing in the world to see a 6 foot 7 320 pound guys with a fro sweeping the floor in a bow tie and vest.

Work your ass off! No, 5 grand is probably more realistic for the summer. They also have the whole spring semester to have a part time job, used to see Marcel Jones sweeping the floor at the Grand all the time. Funniest thing in the world to see a 6 foot 7 320 pound guys with a fro sweeping the floor in a bow tie and vest.

Just about anything a 6'7", 320lb guy with a fro does is hilarious. Haha.

$10K over a summer equates to over $20/hr wage assuming they work a full 3-months. Thats without taxes and so forth. Since most players are construction management or business majors, I doubt an actual internship would yield more than $13.50/hr.

However, if they are smart and file their taxes/fafsa as married/head of househould (anything other than a dependent of their parents) they can received federal grants that are just money in the bank. I did this my last couple years of college and basically MADE money by going to school and living off of our measly part-time income.

Student athletes have access to tens of thousands of dollars in cash every year. It's not too hard. Check the link:

Remember, this excludes any money from the Student-Athlete Opportunity Fund, the Special Assistance Fund, and any occasional meals provided by boosters. Monthly, football players are looking at $1,420 cash in their pocket without having to buy books or pay tuition and fees. Did you have $1,420 of cash every month in college? If football players were to work a job paying a respectable $10 an hour, they would need to work 36 hours a week for 50 weeks to make $1,420 before taxes to make what they get from their football scholarship and other available money sources.

http://www.holyturf.com/2011/05/football-players-receive-17000-annually-in-cash-all-within-ncaa-rules/