CISPA - Brought to you by your NE House Representatives

CISPA, the super-surveillance bill that basically does away with your Fourth Amendment rights online (like, say, internet anonymity, or the fact that a warrant has to be issued to gather information about you - all that = gone) has passed the House. They moved the vote up a day earlier than scheduled in a feat of political legerdemain, then slam-dunked it without much concern for the internet users. You and me.

This bill has to get past the Senate now, largely considered a fait accompli, and then past Obama - the same guy who very quietly reneged on his promise to veto the National Defense Authorization Act when he signed it on New Year's Eve - when everyone was busy partying for the new year.

CISPA is bad, folks. If the government wants to know something about you, private information, they no longer have to obtain a warrant to get it. This law allows them to just go out and get it, without providing probable cause. CISPA makes SOPA (which caused so much uproar that the Internet went black in protest) look like a jaywalking ban.

And those of us in Nebraska can, once again, thank our idiot Representatives for voting this thing in: Lee Terry, Jeff Fortenberry and Adrian Smith all voted in favor of CISPA. Remember that when they come up for reelection. Unless, of course, you think giving up your right to privacy is no big deal.

204 GOP reps voted yes.

42 DNC reps voted yes.

Maybe it will die in the Senate or Obama will veto it. Sad times when we're relying on them to save us from the small government/personal liberty conservatives, eh? Makes the Obama picture posted here look even more out of place. Perhaps Blackshirt007 could make a version of that for John Boehner?

• Fire 1

And to think, all these GOP congressmen will sit and tell you to your face that they are for less government and personal liberty. Then they sign on with BS like this. Lying, double talking SOBs. But the Fin morons in this state will reelect every single one of them.

Obama has come out and said that he will veto this bill. However, once it is reworded, I'm sure that version will pass just like the NDAA.

Except this is an election year. he will veto it to get re-elected in any form. This is the only time of the year politicans act less stupid if they are up for re-election.

Obama has come out and said that he will veto this bill. However, once it is reworded, I'm sure that version will pass just like the NDAA.

Except this is an election year. he will veto it to get re-elected in any form. This is the only time of the year politicans act less stupid if they are up for re-election.

I don't think Obama has to worry about the election.

I don't think Obama has to worry about the election.

When Romney isn't afraid to spend money he should be. Plus they are riding the death of Bin Laden pretty high that could backfire on him. Obama isn't going to coast this election.

• 6 months later...