SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Katy is a simple small town and only 3 things happen here:

- We grow rice

- Shoot birds (ducks and geese that fly into the rice fields.

- And play football.

I'm a long time Husker fan and just loved the power run game of the 80's. The big O-line

winning the battle in the trenches and a stable of running backs pounding the opponents into submission. If you like smash face football you are gonna love Adam Taylor

I gotta admit, Katy sounds like a pretty awesome place to live.

I believe you to be spot on sir.

I am on and registered, just having an issue seeing where I can start a new topic!!!! haha

If you are on the page where is says on a brown back ground, close to the top of the page:

Katy Tigers 5A DIV II State Champions

Congratulations Tigers!

You are on the right page. Just go to white box at top right with text "Start a new Discussion"

Click and start typing. If you show respect and genuine interest in Adam Taylor ... you will get burried with info. They are great football people but very protective of our "Boys in Red". Let them know you are glad he is coming (Adam Reads The Board Too, but generally doesn't post). His parents

also read the board. Be neighborly ... offer to help him unload when he gets there, be sure you help him find the best places to get cold weather gear and what kind to get and not burn money. He is a serious student, his parents are both professional folks and serious people too. Adam is all about academics, hard work, discipline, faith and trust in his coaches and team mates. He likes to play in front of a packed house. He likes it when the band roars when your opponent has the ball in a 3rd and long. The Husker community needs to know when to get loud and when to get quiet. Here in Katy we refer to it as a community effort. We get there early, stay late (the team will come to the sidelines and acknowledge the crowd at the end of every game ... win, lose or draw) and stay loud

I am on and registered, just having an issue seeing where I can start a new topic!!!! haha

If you are on the page where is says on a brown back ground, close to the top of the page:

Katy Tigers 5A DIV II State Champions

Congratulations Tigers!

You are on the right page. Just go to white box at top right with text "Start a new Discussion"

Click and start typing. If you show respect and genuine interest in Adam Taylor ... you will get burried with info. They are great football people but very protective of our "Boys in Red". Let them know you are glad he is coming (Adam Reads The Board Too, but generally doesn't post). His parents

also read the board. Be neighborly ... offer to help him unload when he gets there, be sure you help him find the best places to get cold weather gear and what kind to get and not burn money. He is a serious student, his parents are both professional folks and serious people too. Adam is all about academics, hard work, discipline, faith and trust in his coaches and team mates. He likes to play in front of a packed house. He likes it when the band roars when your opponent has the ball in a 3rd and long. The Husker community needs to know when to get loud and when to get quiet. Here in Katy we refer to it as a community effort. We get there early, stay late (the team will come to the sidelines and acknowledge the crowd at the end of every game ... win, lose or draw) and stay loud

Most of what you said is probably why he likes NU so much, sound exactly like what he is going to see here. NCAA record 320some consecutive sellouts with some new additions to push us over 90k. We love to get loud on 3rd down, and Nebraska people generally take care of their own. He will be loved here no matter what happens with his career. He could come here right now and be recognized on the streets, in fact he probably was recognized on his visit, even before he committed here. As for warm weather gear he will get all he can handle and more from the university, this isnt small time football, he will get more adidias gear than he knows what to do with. Looking forward to seeing Adam play, looks like he is going to be one of the next great RBs to play here at Nebraska, in a long history of great running backs.

Thanks for the info , come back often.

Sorry, didn't mean to tell the Husker Nation how to act at a football game. They have been doing it for decades. It is just that every year you get some "newbies" and asometimes it takes a few games

till they learn. I'll be checking the Katy board for EZ-E's posts.

Keep faith with this young man and he will do you proud.

Sorry, didn't mean to tell the Husker Nation how to act at a football game. They have been doing it for decades. It is just that every year you get some "newbies" and asometimes it takes a few games

till they learn. I'll be checking the Katy board for EZ-E's posts.

Keep faith with this young man and he will do you proud.

No your good didnt mean it that way, just saying thats probably why Adam felt comfortable here, NU sounds alot like home. He will fit in very well here. We are lucky to have him.

If you want to know how he will be treated at NU just ask a young fella by the name of Rex Burkhead. We love Rex for what he does on the field, but he has our hearts due to the person he is. We recognize and appreciate quality, team-first players.

Thanks so much for dropping this info on us and keep us posted.

I don't know if any of you Husker fans know anything about Katy, TX or the football traditions we have here. This short video will give you an idea about out culture. We are a small comminuty about 40 miles west of Houston and as you will see the skyline of Katy is dominated by the grain elevators along the railroad. If you watch closely you will see out trophy case which is formatible by any standard. And any time you want to talk football ... just go have breakfast at Snappys. He also post the latest newspaper articles in the windows of his restaurant. And yes he allows you to smoke if

you want.

Katy has made 12 trips to the State Championship game and won it 7 times. It is a tradition here

and our motto is "WHEN EXCELLENCE BECOMES A TRADITION, GREATNESS HAS NO LIMITS".

Every year Coach Joseph has a meeting with all the incoming freshmen parents. And every year he tells them the same thing. "If your son wants to be a super star this may not be the best place for him.

A super star sets records and wins awards ... here at Katy we win Championships"

Was that made after the 2010 season? Since Coach Joseph mentions being 13-1....

Seems liike a bunch of good football folks on this board. As I come across more video and interviews

... I will post thwem so you can get a real good idea of the quality person you are getting and it just so

happens he is one hell of a football player.

Got to run take my meds, feeling kind of drained today. Came back from the game in Cowboy Stadium with a cold and had to drive thru a blizzard. Rough few days, but well worth it for the "Red Sea" or Katy Nation which ever you prefer.

I think the attendance was about 48,000 for the Championship game. Like the Husker Nation Katy travels well.

Only problem is the first responders have to draw straws to see who has to stay and miss the game. In Katy it truely is ... Last one out needs to turn out the lights.

Enjoy the board ... I'll be checking in and posting info as I have time.

Seems liike a bunch of good football folks on this board. As I come across more video and interviews

... I will post thwem so you can get a real good idea of the quality person you are getting and it just so

happens he is one hell of a football player.

Got to run take my meds, feeling kind of drained today. Came back from the game in Cowboy Stadium with a cold and had to drive thru a blizzard. Rough few days, but well worth it for the "Red Sea" or Katy Nation which ever you prefer.

I think the attendance was about 48,000 for the Championship game. Like the Husker Nation Katy travels well.

Only problem is the first responders have to draw straws to see who has to stay and miss the game. In Katy it truely is ... Last one out needs to turn out the lights.

Enjoy the board ... I'll be checking in and posting info as I have time.

Welcome aboard, great to have you. I think everybody on this board agrees that this kid is badass and we're super excited to get him!

Here is a highlight video of Katy v La Porte in this years quarter-final game. This is the team that beat Katy last year in the play-offs.

I have a question for you Huskers. Do these videos of Katy not remind you of your Huskers with the style of play, the uniforms and the shots of the fans in the stadium decked out in solid red. Of course our Rhodes Stadium is not as big in that it only holds +/- 15,000. We would prefer Adam continue playing in front of the "Red Sea" so we can all tune in on Saturdays and watch him play at the next level.

This would be some what like watching Andy Dalton playing QB for the Cincinati Bengals ... as a Bengal is a Tiger. Dalton played for Katy and did not get much interest from the major college recruiting folks except TCU decided to take a chance with him ... and guess what ... he ended up playing his freshman year. You may remember him from a couple years ago when he lead TCU to a Rose Bowl victory over Wisconsin.

All these Katy players are drilled with discipline and solid fundamentals from the time they are playing JR High football and some before in the Pee Wee leagues

Here is a highlight video of Katy v La Porte in this years quarter-final game. This is the team that beat Katy last year in the play-offs.

I have a question for you Huskers. Do these videos of Katy not remind you of your Huskers with the style of play, the uniforms and the shots of the fans in the stadium decked out in solid red. Of course our Rhodes Stadium is not as big in that it only holds +/- 15,000. We would prefer Adam continue playing in front of the "Red Sea" so we can all tune in on Saturdays and watch him play at the next level.

This would be some what like watching Andy Dalton playing QB for the Cincinati Bengals ... as a Bengal is a Tiger. Dalton played for Katy and did not get much interest from the major college recruiting folks except TCU decided to take a chance with him ... and guess what ... he ended up playing his freshman year. You may remember him from a couple years ago when he lead TCU to a Rose Bowl victory over Wisconsin.

All these Katy players are drilled with discipline and solid fundamentals from the time they are playing JR High football and some before in the Pee Wee leagues

Does your head football coach have Coach Pelini on speed dial? I feel those two would get along great and are cut from the same cloth. Wouldn't mind starting a pipeline at Katy High.

If you have read this whole thread you understand our feelings toward football in this state and I don't think they are any different than your town's feelings. From the sound of it, seems Nebraska is a bigger Katy, Texas.

You also understand our thoughts about Adam. I am a big recruiting buff and I'll tell you, this is the best HIGH SCHOOL running back Bo has signed (obviously in February) to date. It is a crime against humanity that he was downgraded by all of the services the day of the semi-final game.

Now Adam will have to work extremely hard to play here because we are very well stocked at running back and have a great shot at the top one in California as well. But from the sound of it, and listening to him speak, he will do what is required of him and more.

Great things are expected of him here in Lincoln.