SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

EZ_E

I'm sure Coach J and coach Pelini have spoken by phone here lately, so I imagine the Door to Katy is open for ya'll and will remain that way so long as Adam is given opportinities to prove his worth. I understand

that Adam and his folks went and were impressed by the way they were welcomed. I think I'll be watching Adam play in red maybe not this rear but the next. So with a little humor and no disrespect intended, as far as Adam Taylor is concerned you can stick a fork in him he's done. Also heard he is telling other schools to stop calling and sending him stuff ... his Mom is tired of hauling all the stuff in from the mail box and having to go thru all of it to sort out their real mail. Film night for the Championship game will be on Jan. 7tgh at 7:00. All the Katy coaches will be there ... they go over the game play by play

and all are welcome. If you have someone in the area that is close to your program you might ask them to go by and listen in, but tell them to wear something gereric red so as not to throw a spotlight on Adam. I as one member of the Katy Nation is glad to know Adam will be part of the Husker Nation. You will see me pop up from time to time if there is some news you may have an interest in. I've enjoyed reading the posts on this board and have it marked on my computer as a favorite. We are all just pleased that Adam has found a place at a great school with a rich history. Ya'll take care and I'll be tuning in.

Atbone95 You are about right on the population of Katy Proper (within the city limits) but the Katy School

District has over 60,000 students. The sprawling growth is now engulfing Katy now from all sides. Gated master planned communities all around us and we are having to fight to maintain our identity. All these progressive folks moving out here saying they like the good schools and the work ethic culture of our community. Then after they get here they start trying to change things. The other high schools in the

area have been totally dominated by Katy Football for over 20 years. So, now these folks that have flocked to our area are trying to dismantle the Katy Football Dynasty by getting themselves elected to the school board and re-zoning subdivisions that attend Katy HS to other HS attendance zones. They have been trying to do this for over 10 years now. It is kind of a sick way of helping their son's school win a football game.

It took 30 years to build the traditions we have at Katy and a lot of hard work, money contributed to the booster club, volunteering at fund raisers and unyielding support for coaches, players, band, drill team,

trainers, cheerleaders and all those involved in our football program. It is something we truely love and are willing to fight for and we have to do it daily. These folks from surrounding high schools feel they are entitled a winning tradition if they just throw some big money along with some political stroke.

Katy Football was decades in the making and we will fight to keep it. Many of you long time Husker supporters know what it is like to have people coming at you from all directions trying to tear down what you have built up over the decades.

This is why I know you will do right by our Adam Taylor and we will keep the lights on and the door open

for you in the years to come. This could lead to a great relationship. We ove to see our boys in "RED"

Keep an eye on LB #45 now a junior @ 6'-1" and 220lb Jake Blomstrom and still growing. He already is a good one. By the end of next should be a great one

Atbone95 You are about right on the population of Katy Proper (within the city limits) but the Katy School

District has over 60,000 students. The sprawling growth is now engulfing Katy now from all sides. Gated master planned communities all around us and we are having to fight to maintain our identity. All these progressive folks moving out here saying they like the good schools and the work ethic culture of our community. Then after they get here they start trying to change things. The other high schools in the

area have been totally dominated by Katy Football for over 20 years. So, now these folks that have flocked to our area are trying to dismantle the Katy Football Dynasty by getting themselves elected to the school board and re-zoning subdivisions that attend Katy HS to other HS attendance zones. They have been trying to do this for over 10 years now. It is kind of a sick way of helping their son's school win a football game.

It took 30 years to build the traditions we have at Katy and a lot of hard work, money contributed to the booster club, volunteering at fund raisers and unyielding support for coaches, players, band, drill team,

trainers, cheerleaders and all those involved in our football program. It is something we truely love and are willing to fight for and we have to do it daily. These folks from surrounding high schools feel they are entitled a winning tradition if they just throw some big money along with some political stroke.

Katy Football was decades in the making and we will fight to keep it. Many of you long time Husker supporters know what it is like to have people coming at you from all directions trying to tear down what you have built up over the decades.

This is why I know you will do right by our Adam Taylor and we will keep the lights on and the door open

for you in the years to come. This could lead to a great relationship. We ove to see our boys in "RED"

Keep an eye on LB #45 now a junior @ 6'-1" and 220lb Jake Blomstrom and still growing. He already is a good one. By the end of next should be a great one

Give him a Husker hat!

EZ_E ... yeah, I know there will be a lot of folks after Blomstrom, but keep in mind that Blomstrom likes to play in RED and he and Taylor are good friends. Send one of your guys to our film night so they can get a feel of the culture down here and do not wear any Nebraska Spirit gear as it will put the spotlight on Adam Taylor. The coaches put more emphasis on the "TEAM" and not just one player. All you have to do now is

Take care of Taylor and make him feel at home and part of the team. Keep tuning into the Katy board and you will get a feel of what is going on. Also, after Adam gets there, drop in and keep us updated on how he is doing. Pretty soon you will be in the know of "All Things Katy Football". We would all love to hear from you on the Katy Board. And be sure to check your private messages at the top of the page marker "In Box"

flatwaterfan ... keep in mind that Taylor is not quite 100% yet. It usually takes more than a year to fully recover from an ACL. And as far as punishing D-backs, go back and take another of this Adam Taylor v Cedar Hill video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_zQYt9o2w

Hope you have some good weight training facilities, which I know you do. Because you will get tired of seeing Taylor in there all the time. He is a tough strong willed young man ... he'll get er done on the field as well as in the classroom.

flatwaterfan ... keep in mind that Taylor is not quite 100% yet. It usually takes more than a year to fully recover from an ACL. And as far as punishing D-backs, go back and take another of this Adam Taylor v Cedar Hill video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_zQYt9o2w

Hope you have some good weight training facilities, which I know you do. Because you will get tired of seeing Taylor in there all the time. He is a tough strong willed young man ... he'll get er done on the field as well as in the classroom.

Suh just gave a ton of money to expand it as well a few years back.

Atbone 95 ... we have 8 schools in our district ... six of which are in the Katy ISD. As far as the schools that are delivering D I talent you should be looking at:

Cinco Ranch ... they currently are our rival, Coached by a former Katy Offensive Coordinator.

Seven Lakes ... they are a relative new school about 4 years and they will have some guys worth

watching

Morton Ranch ... Another new school that has had some ups and downs with coaching changes

but have some pure talent.

It is hard for these schools to showcase their talent when they are getting crushed by Katy every year.

area have been totally dominated by Katy Football for over 20 years. So, now these folks that have flocked to our area are trying to dismantle the aty Football Dynasty by getting themselves elected to the school board and re-zoning subdivisions that attend Katy HS to other HS attendance zones. They have been trying to do this for over 10 years now. It is kind of a sick way of helping their son's school win a football game.

Give him a Husker hat!

Better yet, get some more hats to Adam and ask Adam to give one to him

EZ_E You might got to the Katy Board and say a few things about Jake and ask the folks there if they might know if he would like to play at Nebraska. Remember all these Katy players read the board and talk among themselves

even though they never post. Coach doesn't like them posting on the board something that would become bulletin board material for opponents. Might be suprised what others that know him may post.

EZ_E WOW looks like a MOMMA TIGER thought you were trying to rob the cradle there. Give them time and assure them that "Their Boys in Red" will be treated like family in Lincoln. Let them know how excited ya'll are about having Adam come to Nebraska. There was a time a few years ago a highly recruited RB from Katy accepted a scholly from UCLA and he never go to see the time of day and it was painful for us to hear how he was treated. You can bet they will all be watching how Adam does up there in Lincoln for you guys.