Anyone know how bubba's doing?

Bubba Starling, who chose the Kansas City Royals over Nebraska football, is honing fundamentals on extended spring training in Arizona. The 19-year-old millionaire says he has no regrets about pursuing baseball.

LINK

*bump* I guess the folks at the Weird Harold wondered about Bubba as well.

Maybe they read the board. Hmm

I read the article in the OWH. Sounds like he's working hard but his day sounds very boring. But at least he's still a Husker Fan and maybe in the near future we'll get him back? You never know!

We can hope. The maturity of these guys after being in the MLB system for a few years is worth a lot - likely makes up for whatever football skills he'd lose over the course of that time. Especially as a QB.

Bubba is 19 going on 23 right now.

I read the article in the OWH. Sounds like he's working hard but his day sounds very boring. But at least he's still a Husker Fan and maybe in the near future we'll get him back? You never know!

We can hope. The maturity of these guys after being in the MLB system for a few years is worth a lot - likely makes up for whatever football skills he'd lose over the course of that time. Especially as a QB.

Was that his thought process when he was arrested for underage drinking last year?

How many have taken this path? Weinke, and who else? I wouldn't put a lot of hope in this.

Was that his thought process when he was arrested for underage drinking last year?

How many have taken this path? Weinke, and who else? I wouldn't put a lot of hope in this.

Weeden.

Weeden.

A fella named Turner Gill played a bit of minor league ball. After football though. Also, John Elway, Drew Hensen, and probably quite a few others played before football.

I bet 95% of this board drank when they were underage. I'd go out on a limb and say dang near every kid on the Husker football team has. Getting arrested is usually just bad luck. He lived in hick ville where the cops are a bunch of mall-security guards pissed off because they couldn't make it onto the Overland Park police department. If he survived HS without a MIP, he was doing something right.

I bet 95% of this board drank when they were underage. I'd go out on a limb and say dang near every kid on the Husker football team has. Getting arrested is usually just bad luck. He lived in hick ville where the cops are a bunch of mall-security guards pissed off because they couldn't make it onto the Overland Park police department. If he survived HS without a MIP, he was doing something right.

You know he was arrested in Arizona, right?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/28/first-round-pick-bubba-starling-among-three-royals-minor-leaguers-cited-for-underage-drinking/

http://hardballtalk....erage-drinking/

yup.

http://hardballtalk....erage-drinking/

yup.

My bad. I quickly skimmed your post and I thought you said the "mall cops of Gardner" got him because it boosted their self-esteem. That said, they could have looked the other way for the local hero. Not saying they did, but just as likely

Weeden.

A fella named Turner Gill played a bit of minor league ball. After football though. Also, John Elway, Drew Hensen, and probably quite a few others played before football.

Weeden, yes, thank you, I knew there was another. Gill, Elway, Hensen, etc, never stopped playing football for years and came back. That's not the same thing.

Greg Paulus played basketball for 4 years then tried football for his only eligible year but I don't think he did all that much for Syracuse. We had a shot at him and I don't think it was a big loss when we didn't get him.

I agree. We've all done stupid things when we were younger then we learned from our mistakes and tried not to make them again. I think we would have a player that will have more leadership qualities as he would be older and perhaps be a more effective player/leader for the team overall-again one can only hope :)