Fighting Erstad's at the B1G Tourney.

My (admittedly early) post-mortem on the season: Erstad can coach. The team has talent. We're just young, and not used to winning. If we get our road woes taken care of and develop some nice arms on the staff, we'll be OK.

:yeah I think it's more unaccustomed to winning then youth though, teams win with young players all the time. Kubat showed his inexperience, though. If he pitches like he did the previous 4 weeks or so, this game might have been much different. I like what Erstad's done with most facets of the program.

Baseball is a funny game. It is a game of inches. You can be killing the ball right at people while the other team is hitting bloopers and just hitting it where you are not. I am not saying that is what happened today but it is just a matter of a couple inches because if that ball that ended the game is 2 inches higher or if the 2b had not moved there (from what I heard he was playing further over toward 1st base earlier against Kelly that is a single at least and the game is most likely tied. I know you can't do the if this would have happened then blah blah blah but we shouldn't have put ourselves in that situation to begin with.

I did not get to watch the game (followed stats on gamecast) so I am asking for anyone who listened or watched the game but did this game come down to pitching? It seemed like we maybe didn't do the best job of making their starter work to get to the bullpen especially since he was their ace. I see guys striking out on 3 pitches etc, did we do the job we need to at the plate (outside of the b9 of course)?

We faced a very good pitcher. We started off taking a first strike but when the pitcher is throwing strikes that can lead to trouble. In the 3rd we began to swing more aggressively but when we did make contact (good contact) we hit to the player. Line shot to 3rd with a runner on 2nd and 2 outs, line shot to 1st with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs, Chad's well hit ball in the 9th to the deep center but right to the player... etc.

These cardiac kids are gaming... They aren't giving up and most importantly, they continue to show a mental toughness that lacked under Anderwatson.

As disappointed as I was with yesterday's performance, I was also every bit as impressed with their heart and courage. Therefore I've nothing negative to say about the game. Pitching has been our achillies heel all year but when your throwing 1st and 2nd year pitchers all the time one has to expect ups and downs.

Now, go get Penn St and have a little more cardiac fun. :)

GBR!!!