SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Had Johnny committed three weeks ago to a school like USC, Stanford, Alabama or LSU, then he would have made a jump to light speed to a 5* already. Doesn't matter to me though, I think we have a good one in JS and I'll look forward to hearing what his high school team does this year. Enjoy this year Johnny.

Couldn't agree more^^

A very good quarterback prospect, a great athlete, and a good apple. Every new interview I see this kid reminds me more and more of Burkhead. He seems to have a great head on his shoulders in addition to being fully committed to NU.

Just another example of how stars don't necessarily equate to success, Stanton has that find a way mentality or the intangables that make him a winner. Like Joey Ganz had, not a highly rated guy but he just made things happen. Although after his showing at the elite 11 I would think he should be a concensus four star guy.

Just another example of how stars don't necessarily equate to success, Stanton has that find a way mentality or the intangables that make him a winner. Like Joey Ganz had, not a highly rated guy but he just made things happen. Although after his showing at the elite 11 I would think he should be a concensus four star guy.

Stars are now just a measure of potential. They don't grade on mental abilities and that part is what destroys some kids in college. But some kids just have things that you can't predict and or coach..

keep in mind, all these ratings are very pre-mature. These kids havent played a down of their Sr year. Stars and ranking will change over the next 6 months. THey always do.

I am often too harsh on ratings services I think. We have to realize Stanton has only played one year as a Qb. His first two years of high school he was a def back. All the more reason for them to reassess him soon. He should mature a lot and grow by leaps and bounds in his understanding of the game. He has a great coach who will push him hard too.

In the most recent rankings he moved down to 6th, mostly because he missed most of yesterday. The final Elite 11 QBs should come out tonight and he should be on that list. For those unfamiliar at the end of the camp they name the "Elite 11" in the coaches eyes. Each site is going to think differently of every player ,ranking each QB how they see fit, all they get to see is some 7 on 7 throwing and a few drills. The coaches of the camp will name the Elite 11. Rivals doesnt think much of Stanton and that perfectly fine, everyones entiltled to their own opinions. In my mind the only opinion that matters are the coaches that are working with them on the field and in the classroom. Would be nice for the programs perception if he got bumped up to a 4 star by all the sites, which i think will happen eventually but it doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. They are in Cali so they are a ways behind us thats why some of this stuff comes out in the middle of the day for us.