SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

I can't see rivals or Scout bumping him to a five star. That'd be just too much crow for them to eat for starting him as a three star.

If he put up phenomenal numbers his last year they'd be hard pressed not to!

they could make him the top four-star or something, but I just don't see them letting everyone know how poorly they evaluated this guy, even if he didn't have much experience when they first did.

I actually think they could top off Stanton's ranking cause they have the built in excuse of his inexperience at the position! Only 1year of film at QB. They can always say, now that we have more film of Johnny, we adjusted his ranking accordingly!

I can't see rivals or Scout bumping him to a five star. That'd be just too much crow for them to eat for starting him as a three star.

they could make him the top four-star or something, but I just don't see them letting everyone know how poorly they evaluated this guy, even if he didn't have much experience when they first did.

I agree that I don't think anyone will bump him up to a 5-star, but its not like guys never get a 2-star bump. It happens all the time with the 2 to 4 star guys. Look at Debo Jones or Alonzo Moore for example. Both started off as 2-stars because they just didn't have enough film to fully evaluate them. But after their senior seasons they both got the jump. So it can be done, I just don't think they will do it though.

If he has an amazing snior season anything is possible, and he is in the toughest class in the state of California so dominate that and that will help his case alot.

The recruting sites really dont think that highly of Johnny and didnt even make their top 10 after the elite 11 finals so he wont be getting his 5th star. He will end up getting his 4th from all services and maybe a mid to high 4 star on 247 since they rated him higher to begin with. Hes only 234 on espn 300 he would have to move up to number 7 to get a 5th star, thats probably not going to happen unless he throws 50td and 5k yards.

We know what we are getting and we know hes perfect for Becks system and the character in our program. Wouldnt trade him for anybody. He is one of the best all around QBs in this class, and hes only going to get better with time and experience.

sure anything's possible, but I don't remember hearing of a three star go to a five star. It would just signal how much the services missed in evaluating or even hearing about a player, before his senior year. In a day and age where 8th graders are getting scholarship offers and 14 year olds are committing (both yesterday), the services are at least hearing about the top talent, maybe not seeing a video, but should hear enough to figure something out about getting film.

i just dont follow the conspiracy theory that some here apparently do. I would think a professsional service would want to get it right in the end. I dont think its one person who runs the whole show for ALL FOUR major services that wouldnt change ranking just because they are bull headed. No one is out to get Nebraska.... but thats just my opinion.

I do agree with the services tend to always put Pocket QB's ahead of dual threat guys.

• Fire 1

I really don't see why everyone thinks he deserves a 5 star ranking. He is a very good player and should be a 4 star guy, but look at his offer list. If you think the recruiting services have a conspiracy against him, do you think the top programs in the country do as well. He just doen't have the offers that a typical 5 star qb usually get and that's how I judge the quality of a recruit. It's just kind of strange how much some people don't trust these recruiting services and yet that is where they go to get their information.

I really don't see why everyone thinks he deserves a 5 star ranking. He is a very good player and should be a 4 star guy, but look at his offer list. If you think the recruiting services have a conspiracy against him, do you think the top programs in the country do as well. He just doen't have the offers that a typical 5 star qb usually get and that's how I judge the quality of a recruit. It's just kind of strange how much some people don't trust these recruiting services and yet that is where they go to get their information.

I don't think anyone is saying he should be 5 star. What we are saying it that they had him rated low going into the E11 and after the practices one service had him listed as the 20th best out of the 25. The actual coaches running the camp came out with their list that night and had him as the best QB of the day. Why the huge difference. I think its because, once they have a list they stop being 100% objective. Its not that different from a fan perspective. Once a kid commits to us most people put him as the best there ever will be and even if the kid ends up a 10% passer during the season there will be excuses for why he's still the "best ever" instead of looking at him and saying ....we screwed up. You look for what you want to see once you've made your first impression of where someone stands and it might go up or down a degree but you'll not give a lot one way or the other from your first opinion.

As far as the beef with scouts and rivals vs Nebraska its not with Nebraska. Its with Bo and their have been internal emails forwarded to UNL and other booster that discuss internal matters of their services and how they wanted to help Nebraska make a change so they could have the same access to the recruiting info they had under BC. They just don't like Bo. Our staff is pretty tight lipped. They don't want eveyone to know who they are talking to or what they have been told because it can put extra pressure on the athlete and one thing they understand is the fishbowl. Its unfair that kids have so much pressure on them to make a decision that can determine the direction they want to go in life.

I don't think anyone is saying he should be 5 star. What we are saying it that they had him rated low going into the E11 and after the practices one service had him listed as the 20th best out of the 25. The actual coaches running the camp came out with their list that night and had him as the best QB of the day. Why the huge difference. I think its because, once they have a list they stop being 100% objective. Its not that different from a fan perspective. Once a kid commits to us most people put him as the best there ever will be and even if the kid ends up a 10% passer during the season there will be excuses for why he's still the "best ever" instead of looking at him and saying ....we screwed up. You look for what you want to see once you've made your first impression of where someone stands and it might go up or down a degree but you'll not give a lot one way or the other from your first opinion.

As far as the beef with scouts and rivals vs Nebraska its not with Nebraska. Its with Bo and their have been internal emails forwarded to UNL and other booster that discuss internal matters of their services and how they wanted to help Nebraska make a change so they could have the same access to the recruiting info they had under BC. They just don't like Bo. Our staff is pretty tight lipped. They don't want eveyone to know who they are talking to or what they have been told because it can put extra pressure on the athlete and one thing they understand is the fishbowl. Its unfair that kids have so much pressure on them to make a decision that can determine the direction they want to go in life.

Thanks for straightening me out. I guess my main point is that every fanbase thinks that the recruiting services are against them. Now if what you say about the relationship about Bo and Rivals is true, why do we fans still use them as a resource?

I don't think very many people realistically think they should put him at a five star player, but I do think most people think he should be bumped up to a four star player. And for now the only thing that it affects is our class ranking, as has been previously discussed. In the end we hope he is a first round draft pick and helps establish NU as a good place for quarterbacks to get to the next level. As is the hope we have for all the kids that come here for any position.

• Johnny Stanton, Rancho Santa Margarita (Cal.) Santa Margarita Catholic: Stanton is a big, physical kid with a strong enough arm and nice zip in the intermediate passing game. His footwork is iffy and his long ball is erratic, but he also made some really nice throws. He is one of the more intriguing prospects at camp: tons of upside, but very raw.

LINK

This from cnnsi article from a couple weeks ago on the Elite Eleven camp.