23 y.o. father beats 47 y.o. man to death after catching him molesting 4 y.o. daughter

SHINER, TX (KSAT/CNN) - A grand jury will decide if a Texas father should be indicted for beating to death a man he says was molesting his 4-year-old daughter.

Officers say the girl's father caught the man in the act.

What started as a get-together on this small piece of land outside Shiner, TX turned deadly Saturday, June 9.

The landowner and grandfather of the child, who will not be named to protect the child's identity, said that his granddaughter and his 11-year-old son walked off to look at these chickens.

It was minutes later that he said an acquaintance who was at the get-together took the girl out into some brush and attempted to molest her.

The 23-year-old father of the young girl then attacked the man, punching him several times after learning what was happening.

Continue Reading

Good for him. Get that rotten apple out of society.

Plus, this happened in Texas so there's no way they'll indict the father for the death. If this had happened in some hippy liberal state, you never know...

Depends on if it's tried in Austin..Most liberal/hippie place I've ever visited

I have no problem with what he did.. however, it is illegal, unless they can prove self defense which will be hard to prove.

I don't think its "self defense" in this case, I believe that the law allows for parents/older people, to protect people that are younger or unable to protect themselves.

• Fire 1

I have no problem with what he did.. however, it is illegal, unless they can prove self defense which will be hard to prove.

Nope...

Texas Penal Code - Section 9.33. Defense Of Third Person

§ 9.33. DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON. A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect a third person if: (1) under the circumstances as the actor reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.31 or 9.32 in using force or deadly force to protect himself against the unlawful force or unlawful deadly force he reasonably believes to be threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and (2) the actor reasonably believes that his intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person. Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

And a Texas grand jury will side with the father, guaranteed.

• Fire 2

Nope...

Texas Penal Code - Section 9.33. Defense Of Third Person

§ 9.33. DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON. A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect a third person if: (1) under the circumstances as the actor reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.31 or 9.32 in using force or deadly force to protect himself against the unlawful force or unlawful deadly force he reasonably believes to be threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and (2) the actor reasonably believes that his intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person. Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

And a Texas grand jury will side with the father, guaranteed.

I am not sure if i should be impressed or worried on how much you know about laws in Texas.