Locale of National championship

Sorry folks but if it's a bid process, Jerry is going to do what it takes to win this thing every year. He won't be happy having it every 4-8 years. Major airport, close to the SEC, Big 12 and centrally located for the coast schools, yea, Jerry is going to do everything he can to make it a permanent fixture in Dallas. If the Cotton Bowl doesn't make a major push to the the semi's then you know they are banking on getting the championship game in Dallas.

Sorry folks but if it's a bid process, Jerry is going to do what it takes to win this thing every year. He won't be happy having it every 4-8 years. Major airport, close to the SEC, Big 12 and centrally located for the coast schools, yea, Jerry is going to do everything he can to make it a permanent fixture in Dallas. If the Cotton Bowl doesn't make a major push to the the semi's then you know they are banking on getting the championship game in Dallas.

Probably so but Delaney had better push hard for Chicago. Soldier field is the best location for a bowl in our footprint and would make a great game in January.

But the Super Bowl is a bid process too, and they spread that around. The money from the bid to host is probably going to be dwarfed by the TV money, so it's not like an overbid is going to be that significant. And JJ's not the only one with money.

My vote would be for Manhattan, KS. Everybody can get free power towels at the gate.

Good call. The fans can stay at the Clarion or the new Motel 6! When they're not at the game they can visit JC and see where McVeigh assembled the OKC bomb, enjoy all seven hick bars in aggieville or make the worthwhile trek to Topeka for all of its awesome attractions!

The new Long John Silver's is just icing on the cake. The little apple is a lock for this thing.

I don't think even Jerry Jones has the money to outbid major cities across the country every year.

My vote would be for Manhattan, KS. Everybody can get free power towels at the gate.

Good call. The fans can stay at the Clarion or the new Motel 6! When they're not at the game they can visit JC and see where McVeigh assembled the OKC bomb, enjoy all seven hick bars in aggieville or make the worthwhile trek to Topeka for all of its awesome attractions!

The new Long John Silver's is just icing on the cake. The little apple is a lock for this thing.

Hey don't knock Long John Silver's. I ate that crap every week in Topeka. And I haven't lived within an hour of one since i left there in 2006 to move to Wisconsin. It's left a void inside me that cannot be filled.

Where exactly did McVeigh assemble the OKC bomb?

Where exactly did McVeigh assemble the OKC bomb?

He rented the truck in JC, built the bomb about 5 minutes away by one of the lakes (Milford I believe) and spent the night in a motel by I-70. He was a Soldier on Riley for a while and knew the area...my boss was in the same unit as the guy. Kind of weird.

But the Super Bowl is a bid process too, and they spread that around. The money from the bid to host is probably going to be dwarfed by the TV money, so it's not like an overbid is going to be that significant. And JJ's not the only one with money.

They spread it around to any stadium with a roof - which kind of limits the selections. Just like they'll "spread" this around to any city in a warm weather climate that has a proven track record of hosting such events. Also limits it. There will be we a limited number of places on a short list and it will end up there 9 out of 10 years. I don't expect it ever to get north unless in a dome - I personally would rather not see it played in the frigid winter. That's for Packer fans and ice hockey, not January college football. Talk about breaking tradition.