Locale of National championship

It will rotate around between the regions of the 4 power conferences with more emphasis on warmer climates (B1G region may only get it once every 6-8 years).

SEC - New Orleans, Atlanta, Orlando/Tampa

B12 - Dallas

PAC - LA (Rose), Arizona

B1G - Indy, NY

It will rotate around between the regions of the 4 power conferences with more emphasis on warmer climates (B1G region may only get it once every 6-8 years).

SEC - New Orleans, Atlanta, Orlando/Tampa

B12 - Dallas

PAC - LA (Rose), Arizona

B1G - Indy, NY

Did you make that up? All I see is that it will be bid out.

I don't understand the Walmart thing. It's probably the nicest stadium in the history of humanity. Walmart is not very nice at all. If anything, it's the Taj Mahal of stadiums.

The Taj Mahal also has little or no college football culture.

yeah - i'll go with his.

hate Texas all you want Nebraska fans - but you aren't going to convince many outside of your little click that jerry world isn't the best venue in the nation for a game like this. you don't spend $1.2 billion or whatever he spent and end up with a Wal-Mart. Typical Nub-fan response to anything Texas.

I don't understand the Walmart thing. It's probably the nicest stadium in the history of humanity. Walmart is not very nice at all. If anything, it's the Taj Mahal of stadiums.

The Taj Mahal also has little or no college football culture.

yeah - i'll go with his.

hate Texas all you want Nebraska fans - but you aren't going to convince many outside of your little click that jerry world isn't the best venue in the nation for a game like this. you don't spend $1.2 billion or whatever he spent and end up with a Wal-Mart. Typical Nub-fan response to anything Texas.

I've already stated in this thread that I don't think college football should be played in a dome. I don't give a crap that it's in Texas.

I mentioned Wal-mart because it's the biggest company and devoid of culture and a good atmosphere. It didn't have anything to do with the niceness or fanciness of the place. When I watch a college football game I want it to feel like a college football game. I don't want it to feel clean and sparkly with no weather. All bowl games are outdoors (except Sugar Bowl? I could be wrong) and that's how I like it. This is obviously just my opinion on the matter and I'm sure lots of people don't care about any of that.

I just went through the posts in the topic and there is maybe one person who is sort of saying they don't want it in Texas because they don't like Texas, so you're apparently talking to me with this post and you just put all of those words in my mouth. None of those are my thoughts on the matter.

^ - that B1G championship game must really piss you off then. dome or no dome the weather is practically the same when you're playing in Texas. Who cares if there is a roof. It's 65 outside, and 75 inside. It in no way impacts the outcome of the game down there. That's why very few bowls are played indoors - because they are all played in the south and they don't build domes in the south - unless you want the Super Bowl...in which case every new stadium will have a roof. If you don't want it in Indy because you think it should be played int he brutal weather of Soldier Field in January then I'll understand. But the difference between a dome in Texas, and an outdoor game in Texas is nill.

^ - that B1G championship game must really piss you off then.

Actually no, and neither would the game being played in Texas. Stating that I would prefer it outside doesn't mean that I'll be angry if it isn't. It means that I have a preference. Weather simply means outside to me. I never said rain snow hot or cold. Just compare the Rose Bowl to a dome... it's a huge difference. I shouldn't have to say it again but this is my opinion and of course some people don't give a crap whether the game is played inside. But when I watch a game that's inside I think NFL, and that's a sport I don't watch much. If it was up to me the national championship game would rotate between the four major bowls. I'd just have to deal with the sugar being one of them.

All bowl games are outdoors (except Sugar Bowl? I could be wrong) and that's how I like it.

The Cotton Bowl is played in Cowboys Stadium. chuckleshuffle

and I think the Georgia Dome hosts one or two. (Chick-fil-a?). And there is the Alamo Bowl. And the New Orleans Bowl. Any bowls still use Reliant in Houston?

..and don't forget the Fiesta bowl, which had the MNC in 07' and 11' in Arizona, both indoors.

^ - that B1G championship game must really piss you off then.

Actually no, and neither would the game being played in Texas. Stating that I would prefer it outside doesn't mean that I'll be angry if it isn't. It means that I have a preference. Weather simply means outside to me. I never said rain snow hot or cold. Just compare the Rose Bowl to a dome... it's a huge difference. I shouldn't have to say it again but this is my opinion and of course some people don't give a crap whether the game is played inside. But when I watch a game that's inside I think NFL, and that's a sport I don't watch much. If it was up to me the national championship game would rotate between the four major bowls. I'd just have to deal with the sugar being one of them.

I agree. I don't know why they are making this so difficult. The other bowls would still be around and people would still watch them just as much as they do now. Makes sense to me. I'm also with you on watching college football outside vs. a dome. There's just something about that feel that can't be duplicated in a 'dome' setting. JMHO

All bowl games are outdoors (except Sugar Bowl? I could be wrong) and that's how I like it.

and I think the Georgia Dome hosts one or two. (Chick-fil-a?). And there is the Alamo Bowl. And the New Orleans Bowl. Any bowls still use Reliant in Houston?

..and don't forget the Fiesta bowl, which had the MNC in 07' and 11' in Arizona, both indoors.

"University of Phoenix Stadium" is retractable. Still the Fiesta Bowl in Sun Devil Stadium had much better college football atmosphere and way cooler pregame festivities.

"University of Phoenix Stadium" is retractable. Still the Fiesta Bowl in Sun Devil Stadium had much better college football atmosphere and way cooler pregame festivities.

How'd you all forget the one in Big Ten Country that includes a Big Ten team?