Locale of National championship

Kansas City. Probly unlikely though, in view of KC's storied history of not spending anything on athletics.

you obviously have not been to KC in a while - if you had you'd notice the $200 million state of the art soccer stadium, the $300 million sprint center the city is using to try and get a professional NFL/NHL team, the $250 million that just went into Kauffman stadium that allowed us to get the all-star game, or most importantly to this conversation the $500 million they just put into Arrowhead. All within the last 5 years.

now, if you want to argue that Arrowhead/Kauffman are in crappy locations, and sit so far on the outskirts of the city, bordering the ghetto that having a MNC game there provides a pretty crappy experience....well - then you'd have something. or that while we may have top notch facilities, we won't put any money into the roster....well - then you'd also have something :)

Soccer? Is that athletics?

JK/ And you're right, I haven't been to a sporting event in KC for a while.

Soccer? Is that athletics?

Soccer's not a sport, it's a children's game.

i never followed it until recently when we got the new stadium, and the team here actually become good all of a sudden. i was surprised how physical it is. take out the prima-donna flops, and soccer isn't too bad. it isn't Husker football, but I enjoy watching a game - just not on TV.

i never followed it until recently when we got the new stadium, and the team here actually become good all of a sudden. i was surprised how physical it is. take out the prima-donna flops, and soccer isn't too bad. it isn't Husker football, but I enjoy watching a game - just not on TV.

I actually don't mind soccer on TV, but only as background noise. If I'm doing something that I need to focus on but want something going on in the background, soccer is the thing. Once in a while something exciting happens, there's a constant, dull roar, and there are NO COMMERCIALS. That alone is the single greatest thing about soccer on TV.

Soccer is awesome, its just that there are only about 3 times every 4 years that I can care about it. That's because I (obviously) have no connection to any club team so it makes the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc etc nearly impossible to follow. I can only really follow and care about international soccer. I love the World Cup, I've been watching as much of Euro 2012 as I can, I root for Team USA. And soccer has really grown on me - it's more exciting than your first impressions may indicate.

Kansas City. Probly unlikely though, in view of KC's storied history of not spending anything on athletics.

you obviously have not been to KC in a while - if you had you'd notice the $200 million state of the art soccer stadium, the $300 million sprint center the city is using to try and get a professional NFL/NHL team, the $250 million that just went into Kauffman stadium that allowed us to get the all-star game, or most importantly to this conversation the $500 million they just put into Arrowhead. All within the last 5 years.

now, if you want to argue that Arrowhead/Kauffman are in crappy locations, and sit so far on the outskirts of the city, bordering the ghetto that having a MNC game there provides a pretty crappy experience....well - then you'd have something. or that while we may have top notch facilities, we won't put any money into the roster....well - then you'd also have something :)

so are they trying to upgrade the chiefs to be a NFL team or bring in another team that is actually NFL caliber lol?

you know Jerry World will have the inside track, money talks, bullsh#t walks...........and Jones has a lot of influcence, unfortunately.

As long as Texas isn't involved and the officials are from any conference other than the Big 12, I'm fine with a playoff game being held at "jerryworld." It's a first class facility.

you know Jerry World will have the inside track, money talks, bullsh#t walks...........and Jones has a lot of influcence, unfortunately.

Without a doubt, at some point the game will be held there. Lets hope that Indianapolis can get it too, they have demonstrated they can throw a football party.

The Soccer stadium by legends and the raceway right? I've been to KC a half dozen times since moving out here and think the city proper is kind of grungy and rundown but that stadium and the surrounding area are really nice, I was impressed.