5 Bold Predictions for Taylor Martinez

ALL great Husker QB's since 1981 are running backs...Gill, Frazier, Crouch....all of em.

Back to Martinez though...I think he has all the tools but he lacks the confidence and maturity of past Husker QB's. Back in the day (when they wore leather helmets and stuff) you watched a Tagge, Humm or Gill walk up to the line and you could almost hear them thinking "We're gonna jam it down your throat...and then we're going to do it again...and again...and for a change of pace, we might throw an out to the TE or the fullback just for fun and HE'S gonna jam it down your throat..." No yelling at the line...no shouting at a wide out who dropped a pass...just get em back to the line and repeat.

Of course a lot of that confidence came from the coaching staff. When it came to getting the most from players, Devaney and Dr Tom are in the elite catagory. Bo...not so much right now. If Martinez can develop the maturity and leadership skills a great QB should have, then the rest of the offense will perform up to his level...if not, then don't expect more from the team than the QB can deliver..

• Fire 1

ALL great Husker QB's since 1981 are running backs...Gill, Frazier, Crouch....all of em.

Back to Martinez though...I think he has all the tools but he lacks the confidence and maturity of past Husker QB's. Back in the day (when they wore leather helmets and stuff) you watched a Tagge, Humm or Gill walk up to the line and you could almost hear them thinking "We're gonna jam it down your throat...and then we're going to do it again...and again...and for a change of pace, we might throw an out to the TE or the fullback just for fun and HE'S gonna jam it down your throat..." No yelling at the line...no shouting at a wide out who dropped a pass...just get em back to the line and repeat.

Of course a lot of that confidence came from the coaching staff. When it came to getting the most from players, Devaney and Dr Tom are in the elite catagory. Bo...not so much right now. If Martinez can develop the maturity and leadership skills a great QB should have, then the rest of the offense will perform up to his level...if not, then don't expect more from the team than the QB can deliver..

we were "road grader U" back then.......not today.

Exactly. We're "multiple fluffball" now.

Exactly. We're "multiple fluffball" now.

At least we still run the option...if not that well...

Get behind your team now or go the F away.

That's all I got to say...if you're not cheering for your team AS IT IS...you're against it. If you're against it...go cheer for Oklahoma you traitorous bastages.

Easy.....down boy.....down boy.

Some people love to hate. I'm sure to some Husker fans, 1995 was a huge disaster because NU didn't win every game 868-0 with every player winning the Heisman trophy and the Blackshirts were crap because the opponent had more than 5 total yards in the game.

Actually, I had many a beer this evening....so, it might be the beer talking. However, I am still firmly of the belief that people should cheer for the team they have and not for the team they have not. :)

and apologies if the beer offended anyone...but hey, it's miller time.

Okay alcohol and posting is rarely a good idea. Take the night off and enjoy the fireworks, kids, family, friends, all the above.

Actually, I had many a beer this evening....so, it might be the beer talking. However, I am still firmly of the belief that people should cheer for the team they have and not for the team they have not. :)

and apologies if the beer offended anyone...but hey, it's miller time.

Oh, "Miller time" is a perfectly acceptable mulligan under any circumstances. "Especially" in July when it's hotter than Hades. No problem whatsoever.....enjoy the cold ones!

Should of just closed the thread after this post. Can't sum it up any better or much more honest.

Bold prediction for Martinez.........Give it your best kiddo. As a Husker fan, I appreciate your effort. You've done a lot for this team because quite frankly, we haven't been able to recruit a Quarterback in this program to save our asses. That's finally changing, Tommy Armstrong and Johnny Stanton are going to show Husker fans how the position is played. Like I said Taylor, thanks for your effort, we've clearly needed you, but these kids are going to be the next Great Husker QB's.