Traffic Ticket from Automated Camera - Any Advice?

This would p me off too but, at some point ya just have to bite the bullet and realize you got caught breaking a traffic law. Just pay it and resolve to do a little better job of making a complete stop.

FWIW, I did have a speeding ticket (Central City, NE) thrown out by the judge because the sheriff/deputy did not appear at my appointed court time. I did not simply mail it in because I was not actually speeding so I was really indignant about getting the ticket in the first place.

This would p me off too but, at some point ya just have to bite the bullet and realize you got caught breaking a traffic law. Just pay it and resolve to do a little better job of making a complete stop.

FWIW, I did have a speeding ticket (Central City, NE) thrown out by the judge because the sheriff/deputy did not appear at my appointed court time. I did not simply mail it in because I was not actually speeding so I was really indignant about getting the ticket in the first place.

Heard some guy on the radio - call the courthouse and change the day of the week for the hearing. Police set aside a time for all hearings (say Tues morn) and if the hearing is on Wed afternoon, he's out patrolling. So find out when the camera is on the street, and have the hearing then.

• Fire 1

How about this bright idea: don't break traffic laws.

Ptsh. And you're probably one of those people going exactly 65 on the way down to husker games that slows down the whole damn interstate. Which eventually stops traffic entirely over the Platte River. :bang

Yeah, totally :rolleyes:

Sweet post though. And I'm guessing that what, you're the guy with the F150 with naked lady stickers in the window that passes people on the shoulder going 90? Sheesh.

I got temporarily blinded by the flash of cameras at an intersection close to my Ex Wife's place next to Tempe..also the cars sandwitching me got their pictures taken..We were all turning left at the intersection but the lead car was going ~2mph (I'm guessing to let some ducks walk by)..It's been almost two months and still haven't seen anything in the mail.

How about this bright idea: don't break traffic laws.

Ptsh. And you're probably one of those people going exactly 65 on the way down to husker games that slows down the whole damn interstate. Which eventually stops traffic entirely over the Platte River. :bang

Yeah, totally :rolleyes:

Sweet post though. And I'm guessing that what, you're the guy with the F150 with naked lady stickers in the window that passes people on the shoulder going 90? Sheesh.

Why am I so tempted to bump the people going 40 on the freeway while they're texting or talking on their phones?

Using your phone while driving is like the worst thing you can do. IIRC there was a study awhile back that showed that it was at least as bad as or even worse than driving drunk. But I'm not one to talk, that's for sure, I text and drive my fair share. Usually try to limit it to the times where I'm at a red light.

Heard some guy on the radio - call the courthouse and change the day of the week for the hearing. Police set aside a time for all hearings (say Tues morn) and if the hearing is on Wed afternoon, he's out patrolling. So find out when the camera is on the street, and have the hearing then.

The only problem is that the state will probably object to the continuance. It's kind of a weasely strategy . . . and it probably won't work anyways.

If you admit that you broke the law and you got caught . . . take responsibility for your actions. If you want to ask for leniency . . . do so. Just don't make excuses and try to tie things up procedurally. That won't help matters.

The only problem is that the state will probably object to the continuance. It's kind of a weasely strategy . . . and it probably won't work anyways.

If you admit that you broke the law and you got caught . . . take responsibility for your actions. If you want to ask for leniency . . . do so. Just don't make excuses and try to tie things up procedurally. That won't help matters.

This is a common tactic in the Bay Area where I used to work. All the local municipalities there were wise to it, and it did not work. It tends to upset the court.

I would just pay the fine, Bradr. I know it sucks, and that what you're describing was probably a safe maneuver, but according to the law it was a violation. It's not worth the hassle to go through all that.

"Rolling stop" is an oxymoron and isn't possible. Boom, you win on technicality. Case closed.

If that doesn't work just show up to your docket call and immediately declare kangaroo court loudly so everyone in the courtroom hears it. That should get the rest of the courtroom going into a small riot because the docket calls are usually full of cretins and low-lifes. When the guards come into quash the rebellion, go and grab your file from the prosecutor and run for you life. This is probably the best advice you'll receive on the subject.

• Fire 2

Yeah, totally

No way, not my style. I drive a jeep cherokee, mud flaps not included. No decals either, but I have a NU plate holder for good measure.

And as for driving, I'm the guy that signals, lets other people in when they signal, and gets mighty pissed at ass-hattery like passing people on the shoulder. So don't try to put me into that group. Now give me a damn cookie.

I may go 10 over on the interstate and may make a right turn without stopping when the other angle has an effin' turn arrow, but I'll be damned if I'm not a bit pissed when this type of surveillance shenanigans takes place.

:rant

When the lane to your right has a green arrow to turn left, you effectively have a green arrow to turn right. You're getting a free screen, and a lot of intersections will display a right green arrow for you.

If that's still technically a violation, then that's stupid and needs to be changed. If you know that you're getting a screen then you're paying closer attention than most, and aren't endangering anyone.

Then again, I'm a better driver than 99% of those other morons out there on the road, so they might find a way to screw that up.