DT Demetrius Campbell *

Nexus

Looks like this kid is WVU bound.

Their board comments that if Bo offered him he must be good!

http://mbd.scout.com...=2508&t=9148529

Its kind of frustrating that we cant seem to get an elite DT based on Bos reputation, add to that Kaz's rep, and its confusing. 2 of our last DT got drafted one of them #2 overall. I thought we would see some big benefits from Suh, we still have a shot a few this year so were not out of it yet, but you think kids would be standing in line to learn from Pelini.

Its kind of frustrating that we cant seem to get an elite DT based on Bos reputation, add to that Kaz's rep, and its confusing. 2 of our last DT got drafted one of them #2 overall. I thought we would see some big benefits from Suh, we still have a shot a few this year so were not out of it yet, but you think kids would be standing in line to learn from Pelini.

Totally agree.

Totally agree.

Kevin Williams, Chase Rome, and Todd Peat say hello.

Totally agree.

Ya ya, i got to thinking later that its not that bad... i will also add to that list Valentine, who Florida really wanted, and Aaron Curry arent too bad either. Rome is going to be a monster, easy to forget that he was just a redshirt freshman last year playing pretty well. Kevin Williams was a steal as well. We are just fine, just meant it would be nice to see guys like Eddie take us a little more serious.

Totally agree.

Why don't you just bring facts to the board. :thumbs

• 2 months later...

Campbell says WV has slight lead. D-Line needs the most help IMO. We need playmakers on the D-Line.

Latest from Husker Journal:

SEPTEMBER 24, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS DEMETRIUS CAMPBELL, DT, 6-5, 290, EAST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE, CALIFORNIA

Demetrius has narrowed his choices to Nebraska, West Virginia and Texas – San Antonio.

“Mostly I like the physical style of play, I like the type of the program they have.” Campbell said of Nebraska. “Nebraska is looking at me as a defensive end or the 3 technique.”

“Childhood Favorite”

“That’s (West Va.) who I originally signed with out of high school,” he says, “They were my childhood favorite. They said I can come in and play early. All the schools are saying the same thing.”

“The Big East was a good conference, but the Big 12 I would get a little more exposure. West Virginia felt like home they showed me a lot of love. The fans really welcome the players. I like Morgantown the people are friendly.” Campbell said

“West Virginia has a slight lead, but everything is still wide open.”

Coker

“An opportunity to play for Larry Coker (UTSA), he used to be at Miami, he knows how to get guys in the league; play at the next level, play immediately.”

“Coach Coker said I’m the guy wanted and two other tackles but I’m pretty high on their list. They like how I rush the quarterback.”

Early Playing Time Right Away

“That’s what I’m looking for as a Junior College player, you don’t have a lot of time. I have 3 years of eligibility. I’m looking to come in and play immediately.” Campbell said

cornhead.gif

• 3 months later...

Final three are Nebraska, West Virgina and Texas - San Antonio (a new program for the folks that might not know). Being recruited as a DE or 3 technique.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1769668/highlights/16579384

Only thing I see him as is an end in a 3-4. Which we may be forced to play next year.. This one has me scratching my head...

Is he not as big as listed? I could see him inside in a 4-3 with that size. Did he visit?

Final three are Nebraska, West Virgina and Texas - San Antonio (a new program for the folks that might not know). Being recruited as a DE or 3 technique.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1769668/highlights/16579384

Only thing I see him as is an end in a 3-4. Which we may be forced to play next year.. This one has me scratching my head...

Is he not as big as listed? I could see him inside in a 4-3 with that size. Did he visit?

Seen him listed at 270.

He would be less of a stretch to slid inside then Cam and that's for sure. He has a similar size as Baker. What makes sense it that Bo likes to occasionally run a 3-4, and has had some success with it. I would assume he would play mostly DT for us. If he goes pro. He would be a 3-4 DE like Baker. Should have slightly better leverage then Baker. Slightly shorter slightly bigger