I find it hard to believe many recruits who are in the program already will transfer. Maybe a few from the 2012 class and obviously 2013, but as well all know these kids become very loyal to their school and will stick by it through hard times. Imagine if this happened to us. I believe a good chunk of our players would not leave due to loyalty.

• Fire 1

Would these "transfers" even be on scholarship? Penn state sure as hell won't pay for there scholly on another team. But for this upcoming season everyone has used there scholarships? how does that work out?

nevermind i just heard that they would remain on PSU scholarship and play for another school, WOW!

I don't know. If I'm a football player and I don't have a shot at a bowl game the next 4 years I'm not sure I want to be at Penn State. Its a big reward for these guys for putting in that much hard work all year. Also you now have a stigma on your degree related to the ethics of your program. It calls you into question even though you have done nothing wrong in this instance the report that was just released pretty much stated your program played by its own rules with zero regard for one of worst types of crimes. Even guys in the state pens hate the guys to touch little boys and girls. To me why would I want to associate with those types of people? I'd transfer out in a heart beat even if I never played another down of football. I think the only guys to stay will be the Jr and SR starters and those that aren't good enough to go someplace else. I think a lot of young guys and their depth on the team will look for other options.

• Fire 1

Would these "transfers" even be on scholarship? Penn state sure as hell won't pay for there scholly on another team. But for this upcoming season everyone has used there scholarships? how does that work out?

nevermind i just heard that they would remain on PSU scholarship and play for another school, WOW!

I think you misunderstood it. They are free to transfer, yes. If so, they would need a scholly at the school they go to. They can decide to not play football and still remain as a scholly athlete at Penn State. The NCAA did not say you could still have a scholarship, transfer to another school and remain a scholly athlete at Penn State ... as I heard it.

I think you misunderstood it. They are free to transfer, yes. If so, they would need a scholly at the school they go to. They can decide to not play football and still remain as a scholly athlete at Penn State. The NCAA did not say you could still have a scholarship, transfer to another school and remain a scholly athlete at Penn State ... as I heard it.

well thats what i initially thought, but Lou Holtz said they would remain on scholarship at PSU while at another school. So maybe he was wrong, i have no idea.

I see a mass exodus from PSU as these kids want to play for a team that can go to bowls. The recruits for this year, kiss about 90% goodbye. The penalties are sever and will set PSU back for a few years to come. I wonder who we may get from all of this.

Glad the kids that were not involved didn't suffer because of the actions of their coaches.

I see a mass exodus from PSU as these kids want to play for a team that can go to bowls. The recruits for this year, kiss about 90% goodbye. The penalties are sever and will set PSU back for a few years to come. I wonder who we may get from all of this.

Glad the kids that were not involved didn't suffer because of the actions of their coaches.

Agreed, with the exception of a few die hard players who are the face of the program, I would think very few freshman or sophomores who didn't grow up loving PSU are going to want to play their entire career without the possibility of going to a bowl game.

How many of the 85 players for the 2012 season will bolt? As someone pointed out, it would be hard for the incoming freshmen to stay (maybe even sophmores) knowing no bowl and a future of 2-3 win seasons. I guess we'll find out in the next couple weeks before camp begins.

How many of the 85 players for the 2012 season will bolt? As someone pointed out, it would be hard for the incoming freshmen to stay (maybe even sophmores) knowing no bowl and a future of 2-3 win seasons. I guess we'll find out in the next couple weeks before camp begins.

I'm guessing somewhere along the lines of 25-35% of their players will transfer. This is their chance to do so without having to sit out a year. Not all will be taken, but some of them should have no problem finding a team being that it's early enough to get enrolled in another university.

I'm guessing somewhere along the lines of 25-35% of their players will transfer. This is their chance to do so without having to sit out a year. Not all will be taken, but some of them should have no problem finding a team being that it's early enough to get enrolled in another university.

I wonder if other schools will take a "vulture" approach or will it be the kid or his parents contacting the other schools. Also, a school can exceed their 85 limit if take a PSU transfer so can USC and OSU exceed their reduced limits?

FYI Frank Solich takes on PSU in the first game.

The question I have is: Will this hurt Nebraska's strength of schedule, if Penn St. loses alot of players, and would it be worth it to even keep Penn St. in the Big 10, since it will take years, if not a decade or more for Penn St. to get back to a "OK" football team? I have a feeling that the penalties will also hurt Big 10 teams strength of schedule.