What is the NCAA going to allow PSU to do to fill opened roster spots? Can they go get walk-ons just so they have depth to play a full season, or are they going to be running two-deep at every position if there's a mass exodus?

I really don't think they care at this point. They knew what "could" happen when making this decision, and if it in fact does occur like I think it will, they may be have to use walk on players and offer no scholarships past their allotted amount. Very good question though and the only way I see around it would be to have a bunch of walk-ons.

They have to find a way to get down to 75 schollys this year and then 65 for the next 4 years after that. That is really going to kill them. Im hearing via twitter that OSU and USC can pick up up players and it wouldnt count against their numbers, but they would have to make up for it the next year. Which is still BS. They shouldnt be able to benefit from this.

If they can keep Hackenburg, their QB recruit this year, they may be OK, but they wont have any depth. Hack is a hell of a QB prospect and that will help. I doubt they will be able to keep him thou.

This is major. The big question I have in regards to the possibility of NU getting transfers: were any of the kids interested in the Huskers during the initial recruiting process? Also, since playing the Huskers last year, maybe they have an interest since we played them when the news came out and Brown did a pretty cool gesture with them. I am just curious to see how many actually leave. They are pretty loyal out there, but with the kids who are not from the area I am guessing they are thinking about jumping as quickly as they can. I cannot imagine being a player in this situation...I went through coaching changes when in college, but having everything you signed up for to be taken away has to be tough to take. I do feel bad for the current players because they had nothing to do with what happened.

My other thought about the Paterno family is this: I am guessing they were planning to leave a large amount of money for PSU when they both passed. I wonder if this is all going to change based on legal suits, hurt feelings, etc??

The big question I have in regards to the possibility of NU getting transfers: were any of the kids interested in the Huskers during the initial recruiting process?

A couple of them were, both four stars. A tight end and a cornerback. The CB already decommitted and visited both Wiscy and Nebraska this weekend. Someone else will have to fill us in on the TE because I forgot his name.

EDIT - just checked the Recruiting section and (of course) Nexus has it all for us. The TE's name is Adam Breneman.

This is major. The big question I have in regards to the possibility of NU getting transfers: were any of the kids interested in the Huskers during the initial recruiting process? Also, since playing the Huskers last year, maybe they have an interest since we played them when the news came out and Brown did a pretty cool gesture with them. I am just curious to see how many actually leave. They are pretty loyal out there, but with the kids who are not from the area I am guessing they are thinking about jumping as quickly as they can. I cannot imagine being a player in this situation...I went through coaching changes when in college, but having everything you signed up for to be taken away has to be tough to take. I do feel bad for the current players because they had nothing to do with what happened.

My other thought about the Paterno family is this: I am guessing they were planning to leave a large amount of money for PSU when they both passed. I wonder if this is all going to change based on legal suits, hurt feelings, etc??

You realize last spring and summer after the grand jury Joe PA moved all of his assets to his wife's name including their house and took his name off of those things. They tried to state it was a normal part of estate planning but why would you move everything into someone's name who has right of survivorship. The only reason would be to protect those items from legal sanctions. They can't take those things from his wife if they aren't a part of his estate. He knew this was coming and it pisses me off that he continued to the day that he died to act like he had no clue. He's the worst kind of person there is.

• Fire 5

You realize last spring and summer after the grand jury Joe PA moved all of his assets to his wife's name including their house and took his name off of those things. They tried to state it was a normal part of estate planning but why would you move everything into someone's name who has right of survivorship. The only reason would be to protect those items from legal sanctions. They can't take those things from his wife if they aren't a part of his estate. He knew this was coming and it pisses me off that he continued to the day that he died to act like he had no clue. He's the worst kind of person there is.

Joe Pa also renegotiated his contract when he could see it was going to blow up. The guy made a lot of coin off of ole PSU with that slick move. What a slime bag. LINK

• Fire 1

Delaney also said that players would be allowed to transfer within the B1G Conference which normally they wouldnt be able to do. He said that the players deserve the chance to go wherever they want and that they are students first and football players next

Has it been clarified if the player has to initiate contact..........or can coaches make the first move......?

Delaney also said that players would be allowed to transfer within the B1G Conference which normally they wouldnt be able to do. He said that the players deserve the chance to go wherever they want and that they are students first and football players next

Has it been clarified if the player has to initiate contact..........or can coaches make the first move......?

Ross Douglas was quoted saying that 8 coaches have approached him, so either

Ross Douglas was quoted saying that 8 coaches have approached him, so either

Ross Douglas is still in the recruitment process and has not signed a LOI and therefore not on scholarship and is a different situation the the players that are members and under scholarship at Penn State

I havent heard anything on whether the coaches can make first move or if player has to make first contact.

Current player or those set to enroll for this year have to let the coaches know they intend to explore a transfer. Once that is happened they are to update the coaches to what schools they are looking at and schools that want to talk to a player have to let the school know they are interested in a kid but pretty much its open season. I'm sure Urban will have a van parked outside next week to meet individually with all players.

• Fire 1