The big question I have in regards to the possibility of NU getting transfers: were any of the kids interested in the Huskers during the initial recruiting process?

A couple of them were, both four stars. A tight end and a cornerback. The CB already decommitted and visited both Wiscy and Nebraska this weekend. Someone else will have to fill us in on the TE because I forgot his name.

EDIT - just checked the Recruiting section and (of course) Nexus has it all for us. The TE's name is Adam Breneman.

There's also Brent Wilkerson (2012). 3* TE - we offered and he had an official here in January 12'. He was the only kid we offered that ended up an Penn State. In 2011 we offered Bill Belton, a 4* (#234) athlete from NJ.

We haven't really had any recruiting battles with Penn State in the past - so I don't see us ended up with any of their roster.

Coaches can make first contact without having to get permission from the school.

Also, the scholarships will not count against the "transferred to school" for one year. Ex. If we got one kid then we could go this year with 86(I think) on the roster. Flip side is that we would only be able to recruit 24 the next year when we have to count that scholarship as ours.

No chance Silas leaves

According to what? I have a feeling a few teams may pick up some blockbusters out of this ordeal. I love the guys commitment and willingness to stay, but there is no way in hell you would catch me staying there. Not simply for the fact of being unable to win anything significant, but once you do get a degree, it will be looked at in bad taste. That is just a reality of the situation. Frankly, even if my child was not doing athletics there would be no way that I send my child there. Regardless of what you might think, and the use of rationalism by people, there will be employers that would take something like that and do a double take.

A lot of these guys came to Penn State to play for Joe Pa...many where already looking for an out prior to this because he was no long coaching the team. I don't know how much loyalty these guys will have to the current staff and the school. The stigma with being a football player at Penn State has to be huge right now. No longer are they walking around campus with their heads high. Many are likely ashamed to be a part of it, and that won't change for some time. The NCAA gave them an easy out to change that...and gave them a chance to be the big man some place else. I'd think many will take it.

Many recruits will switch and some guys in their first couple of years, but I don't see the juniors and seniors leaving. They're comfortable, have friends, girlfriends, like the school, leaders of the team and don't want to start over in those areas on a new team for just a season or two. I don't think more than three JRs or SRs getting legitimate playing time will leave.

• Fire 1