Beck's Redshirt

Redman

How do you feel about Beck burning his redshirt?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tough situation. Good choise though. You would send a bad message to Beck and saying he cant handle it. Sounds like Beck is a pretty confident player and didn't care to burn his redshirt, remember DUKES chickened out. Beck is a player that will step up no matter what.

Great point, Dukes could have played in 02 and he declined. Beck could have done that as well, but that's not the type of player he is. That's the kind of kid you want playing out there.

The thing is this coach bc asked beck if it came down to it would he mind if burned redshirt,and he said hell no!!! that should show us that he his a team player and hes willing to go into whenever needed yeah sure they could of put in ganz or davis but it came down to who was better of the three and that was beck. Hey if hes all right with it then we all should be. but i will admit i was at the game and man did i let out a slur of words that would have made the devil turn red in face. :steam

I don't really care about the redshirt being burned. Bill did what he had to to win the game which was really nice to see for a change. I will say that regardless of how frustrating this season has been, Taylor has been a bright spot. He may not be the quarterback of the future, but he is an absolute warrior and showed it once again on Saturday. His attitude and tenacity are very refreshing.

It's a tough call. On one hand, if Beck IS the #2 guy then he needs to be on the field in Taylor absense. It would be dumb to put Ganz out there just to save the redshirt. If Callahan put Ganz in, to me that would have put the message out there that NU wasn't interested in winning the game by intentionally not putting their best foot forward.

In the other hand, you have his true freshman redshirt. The coveted 5th year of eligibility. The probability that Beck will take a redshirt any other year but this one is infantesimal.

Tough call, tough situation. I would have tried to save the redshirt considering it is so far into the season. He helped win the game today, although with that INT he could have lost it as well. Hell, it couldn't have been any worse than Davis's outing at TTech last year. ;)

:yeah

BC painted himself into a corner when he listed Beck as the #2 QB. Unless we were down by a couple of TD's, he had to put Beck in. What kind of message would he have been sending to Beck if he didn't put him in and he was the #2 QB? He didn't have a stellar outting, but who really thought he would? He made one big pass play. Could Ganz have done that? Maybe, maybe not. I voted BC had no choice, but I just as easily could have voted it's too late who cares. What is done is done.

If Beck doesn't play the rest of the year, well that will be a shame. I can't believe we're even talking about this. We all knew that this was going to happen. When Taylor takes the kind of abuse he's taken the past month, we all knew it was a matter of time before something happened to him. At that point though, I was hoping that it either never happened or it happened during the first part of the game. I just hope Beck didn't lose a complete year of eligibility for 2 series or downs.

Why Beck? A winning season, that's why. That's what was on the line.

Disagree. It didnt seem to matter much last year.

Yeah, because Beck was standing on the sidelines last season. :sarcasm

I hope that you know that I meant that a winning season wasnt that important to them last year. Nothing to do with Beck.

I know what you meant, I was referencing one of the main problems from last season: Joe Dailey. His ineptitude and lack of a quality back up made it very difficult to win last season. There were 3 games last season that with better QB play could have just as easily been wins instead of losses, but that is neither here nor there.

Don't mean to get too much off topic, just wanted to clarify that.

Just a question I had. I may be wrong but don't you have to play a certain amount of time before they can take your red shirt season from you ? Or is that only if your injured.

GBR!!!

Here is a quote from the NCAA rule book:

"You should know that NCAA rules indicate that any competition, regardless of time, during a season counts as one of your seasons of competition in that sport. It does not matter how long you were involved in a particular competition (for example, one play in a football game, one point in a volleyball match); you will be charged with one season of competition. "

Just a question I had. I may be wrong but don't you have to play a certain amount of time before they can take your red shirt season from you ? Or is that only if your injured.

GBR!!!

"You should know that NCAA rules indicate that any competition, regardless of time, during a season counts as one of your seasons of competition in that sport. It does not matter how long you were involved in a particular competition (for example, one play in a football game, one point in a volleyball match); you will be charged with one season of competition. "

Eh...I am going to go watch his post-game press conference again. That kid gets me pumped! :box

Husker future looking bright! :smokin

GBR!!!

Eh...I am going to go watch his post-game press conference again. That kid gets me pumped! :box

Husker future looking bright! :smokin

yeah, beck sure seems like a smart person/player...watched his interview about 4 times :lol: