Bret Bielema

Interesting column about Wisconsin HC Bret Bielema.

I like this quote (too bad Bo doesn't feel the same way as Bielema): “Every head coach has to really buy into the situation he's in,” Bielema said. “You've got coaches that maybe don't fit certain scenarios and it just doesn't work.”

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120729/SPORTS/707299854/1685#chatelain-bielema-badgers-are-coming-up-roses

I'm not trying to stir up a "Bo needs to go" thread, but I do wish Bo "bought into" Nebraska more.

• Fire 1

I like this quote (too bad Bo doesn't feel the same way as Bielema): “Every head coach has to really buy into the situation he's in,” Bielema said. “You've got coaches that maybe don't fit certain scenarios and it just doesn't work.”

http://www.omaha.com...coming-up-roses

I'm not trying to stir up a "Bo needs to go" thread, but I do wish Bo "bought into" Nebraska more.

How does he not already?

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120729/SPORTS/707299854/1685#chatelain-bielema-badgers-are-coming-up-roses

Wow really? And let the sh#tstorm rain down on you my dude! :facepalm:
For years, when a stranger on a plane asked about his occupation, Bielema said he worked for the University of Wisconsin. What do you do there? “I teach.” What do you teach? “I teach history.” What kind of history? “European religions.”
Last week, Bielema was running errands in Madison when he popped into Cost Cutters for a trim. His hairdresser — a man — started making small talk. Bielema concealed his identity. But the lady at the next chair kept staring at the largest history professor in school history. Finally, “she turned around and ratted me out,” Bielema said.

lol. Yeah, Bienema embraces UW so much that he hides hid identity during airplane flights. And worries about being outed with his male hairdresser. :lol:

For years, when a stranger on a plane asked about his occupation, Bielema said he worked for the University of Wisconsin. What do you do there? “I teach.” What do you teach? “I teach history.” What kind of history? “European religions.”
Last week, Bielema was running errands in Madison when he popped into Cost Cutters for a trim. His hairdresser — a man — started making small talk. Bielema concealed his identity. But the lady at the next chair kept staring at the largest history professor in school history. Finally, “she turned around and ratted me out,” Bielema said.

lol. Yeah, Bienema embraces UW so much that he hides hid identity during airplane flights. And worries about being outed with his male hairdresser. :lol:

In Lincoln HS recruits are recognized on the street.

In Madison the head coach can walk the streets unrecognized.

http://www.omaha.com...coming-up-roses

I just don't understand comments like these.

What has Bret Bielema bought into, how did he achieve this purchase and how can Pelini do so?

Does "bought into" mean Rose Bowl game appearances?

This thread probably wouldn't exist if Pelini had a couple under his belt.

Around here "only" getting into the Rose Bowl won't cut it - MNC or soon to be play offs, baby!

What has Bret Bielema bought into, how did he achieve this purchase and how can Pelini do so?

Does "bought into" mean Rose Bowl game appearances?

This thread probably wouldn't exist if Pelini had a couple under his belt.

Around here "only" getting into the Rose Bowl won't cut it - MNC or soon to be play offs, baby!

When was the last BCS game you guys attended? Before Callahan right?

I know what the ultimate goal is for you guys and don't change because there aren't enough teams in the conference that think like that(probably can count the ones that do on one hand) but if Bo had a couple of BCS appearances right now then the heat(however minor it may be) would be non existent unless he plateaued

When BB first took over I was a bit unsure about things, he hadn't been at UW long and he had/has a Hawkeye tattoo.

The 2006 season changed that, though I grew skeptical through subsequent seasons, especially after being blown out by FSU...then it's like a switch was flicked and he really turned things on. He's not the best on the field coach and still has a lot of learning to do but he really has bought into the program. He's great at recruiting, and by that I mean recruiting the "right" guys and knows how to motivate his team for big games, the losses come from his inexperience as evidenced by his occasional bone headed on the field decisions.

I like that he's trying to schedule better OOC opponents and love the degree to which he can be a jackass at all the right moments. Bielema is perfect for UW and is a great successor to Alvarez, a man he could soon replace as the golden boy of our program.

As far as Bo goes in his position at NU he never seemed like a great fit to me. Something about an Ittalian coaching in the Midwest, then again I probably shouldn't speak on that. Lombardi says hi.

To HuKSer, it is a bit sad that his "hairdresser" didn't recognize him but it is what it is. You can be damn sure MM would be recognized...and why BB goes to a "hairdresser" for that crewcut of his is beyond me.

Also...do you mean to tell me NU fans wouldn't be at least mildly pleased with a Rose Bowl at this point. Don't lie. How long has it been?

Also...do you mean to tell me NU fans wouldn't be at least mildly pleased with a Rose Bowl at this point. Don't lie. How long has it been?

Bucky Bucky Bucky. You've been around long enough. You should know that we'd b***h. Endlessly.

Meh, every fan..and fan base, reserves that right. I whined to no end after the 2010 Rose Bowl and wanted to stab Paul Chryst in the eye. It just shows that you care.

The problem comes when after a reasonable amount of time a person still has an unreasonable outlook.

To HuKSer, it is a bit sad that his "hairdresser" didn't recognize him but it is what it is. You can be damn sure MM would be recognized...and why BB goes to a "hairdresser" for that crewcut of his is beyond me.

I would be happy to get to the Rose Bowl. Really happy to win.

BUT

I would be thrilled (for the sixth time) to win the National Championship. The goal is to win the national championship. I feel too many B1G fans "settle" for getting to the Rose Bowl.