Penn St players/recruits leaving their program

huKSer

Another guy just left, Dakota Royer

http://rivals.yahoo....ota-Royer-65369

"Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, it is with great regret that I feel it necessary to remove myself from the team," Royer said in a statement. "I want to thank my teammates for their support and camaraderie, as well as Coach O'Brien and his staff for the opportunity. I will exercise my rights from the NCAA and continue my education at Penn State, and plan to graduate in May. My best wishes go out to the team for a very successful football season."

They are getting gutted, they will be so paper thin. I think that the fact that the are trying to "fight" the sanctions are just making it worse

I'll be surprised if C. Hackenberg actually goes to PSU. When was the Elite 11 filmed? Maybe that had something to do with him at least temporarilly renewing his commitment.

He recently said he is committed "as of now" and told a reporter it depends on how they do this season.

Aka: he's gone.

I'll be surprised if C. Hackenberg actually goes to PSU. When was the Elite 11 filmed? Maybe that had something to do with him at least temporarilly renewing his commitment.

He recently said he is committed "as of now" and told a reporter it depends on how they do this season.

Bingo........

Did not know that. And yes, that sounds like he's as good as gone already.

The whole Sandusky scandal sickens me. And I'm certainly no fan of Penn State. But it saddens me to see their program being dismantled like this. And I have a feeling that it will get worse before it gets better.

That is how I feel. It also pissed me off when Emmert announced the sanctions and he kept bringing up academic integrity and student-athletes. Why not take into account PSU graduation rates in football and prior history of NCAA compliance??? Outside of PSU, Nebraska & ND (maybe a couple others), what other big time program really cares about giving the football players a quality education? Instead you got schools that produce football players only and they score 4's on the wonderlic (that is barely reading and writing my friends). My point is, don't get up there and preach academic integrity then slam a school who leads the nation in academic integrity meanwhile ignoring schools who play the system in order to get the fastest, best player on their teams.

It is going to be hard seeing PSU struggle for the next few years.

It also pissed me off when Emmert announced the sanctions and he kept bringing up academic integrity and student-athletes. Why not take into account PSU graduation rates in football and prior history of NCAA compliance???

Before it's all said and done people will realize those were nothing but smoke & mirrors.

Players with crappy grades got shuffled off to satellite campuses so they didn't count against the State College numbers & the school has never had an actual compliance department.

Kind of hard to hit for violations when Paterno is the gate keeper for any info leaving the campus.

It just struck me that the transfers from PSU might actually be more devastating after the season. Apparently PSU players can transfer after the season through the beginning of fall camp next season. If PSU has a sub .500 year this year, I could see a number of players decide that their commitment to PSU isn't so strong after all and exploring transfer opportunities....

Akron WR Jared Fagnano, brother of Penn State safety Jake Fagnano, recently bucked a trend and transferred from his school to Penn State, where he knew an opportunity awaited him.

LINK

This is something different. Good for the Natty Lions.

This is something different. Good for the Natty Lions.

For the record Fagnano was a walk-on to Akron who was not invited to the Zips fall camp.

Wow. That speaks volumes about how far State Penn has fallen. It sucks to be them right now. And for the next decade.