Chick-fil-A

I'll still eat there, because those spicy chicken sandwiches are winning.

I still think it's some sort of marketing ploy between Romney and Chick-Fil-A. His followers eat all that food and they have to keep buying larger and larger pairs of "Romney/Palin 2012" sweatpants.

Here is the thing. Get over your personal feelings and look at it without choosing sides. Take away the bigotry and homophobic rhetoric and what are you really left with? A government entity, using view point discrimination (not my words, actually the head of the Illinois ACLU) to disallow a private business from obtaining a revenue, occupancy or building permit to conduct a lawful business. What if an evangelical mayor decided that a company that supports a "non Christian" view was disallowed to open a business in his city or county? What if a govt official was anti gun and because a company sold firearms or ammunition or firearms accessories they were not allowed to operate. That my friends, on either side of the aisle, is real discrimination. Stating your platform, popular, PC or not, is not discrimination, or bigotry etc..., it is called free speech and Constitutional and appears to be something that Chicago, San Fran, Philly, Boston and others have forgotten. This is America. A company, individual or business can believe what they want, say what they want and provide monies to what ever NGO they choose.

Folks don't like it, don't eat there. Just don't get sucked into thinking it is an attack on homosexuality or Christianity depending on your views. It is an attack, by elected officials on our personal freedoms. This is what the outrage should be about. Gay, straight, black, white, Christian, Jew, Muslim, rich, poor etc can be infringed upon just as easily. Cities allowed to use view point discrimination and it sets a precedent for the next guy. What if the "next guy" opposes your view?

• Fire 4

So if a person is gay and loves the Chick-fil-A food, that person is . . .

I have not heard of a Chick-fil-A not serving someone who is or appears to be gay (relax - I'm talking about someone walking in with a "I support gay rights" shirt or two lesbians holding hands and hugging each other) but Cracker Barrel (I think) did lose a law suit for not serving / poor service to blacks

I strongly disagree with the opinion of the Chick-fil-A president, but it's his right to have that opinion and there's no evidence that Chick-fil-A has discriminatory labor practices, or is otherwise breaking the law. Historically battles over social issues have not been won attacking people on the "wrong" side, in fact it only seems to further entrench opposition by rallying around those who say no. We've already reached the tipping point of inevitability with gay marriage, so it's simply a matter of time passing before opinions like Mr. Cathy's are like turds going down the toilet.

• Fire 1

Here is the thing. Get over your personal feelings and look at it without choosing sides. Take away the bigotry and homophobic rhetoric and what are you really left with? A government entity, using view point discrimination (not my words, actually the head of the Illinois ACLU) to disallow a private business from obtaining a revenue, occupancy or building permit to conduct a lawful business. What if an evangelical mayor decided that a company that supports a "non Christian" view was disallowed to open a business in his city or county? What if a govt official was anti gun and because a company sold firearms or ammunition or firearms accessories they were not allowed to operate. That my friends, on either side of the aisle, is real discrimination. Stating your platform, popular, PC or not, is not discrimination, or bigotry etc..., it is called free speech and Constitutional and appears to be something that Chicago, San Fran, Philly, Boston and others have forgotten. This is America. A company, individual or business can believe what they want, say what they want and provide monies to what ever NGO they choose.

Folks don't like it, don't eat there. Just don't get sucked into thinking it is an attack on homosexuality or Christianity depending on your views. It is an attack, by elected officials on our personal freedoms. This is what the outrage should be about. Gay, straight, black, white, Christian, Jew, Muslim, rich, poor etc can be infringed upon just as easily. Cities allowed to use view point discrimination and it sets a precedent for the next guy. What if the "next guy" opposes your view?

has this happened? i think it has been all talk. but my favorite argument is, 'if you don't like it, don't do it'. you can not legislate morality or acceptance. i agree this is all silly. but the mayors and such have their right to voice their displeasure of such businesses operating under their jurisdictions.

Well put. Straight-up full retarded how some people are getting bent out of shape over this.

Jon Stewart's bit about it gave me a good chuckle:

http://www.thedailys...2/c$%k-blockers

has this happened? i think it has been all talk. but my favorite argument is, 'if you don't like it, don't do it'. you can not legislate morality or acceptance. i agree this is all silly. but the mayors and such have their right to voice their displeasure of such businesses operating under their jurisdictions.

Actually, some mayors have threatened to not allow "such businesses" to gain the necessary permits to open stores in their jurisdictions. That's a typical liberal ploy - use the power of Government to threaten people who they disagree with. Since making the threats, most of the political thugs have backed down when they realized that their threats were illegal. I especiall like Rahm Emanuel's comment about Ciick-fil-A's values not being Chicago values. He's right...murder is not on the restaurant's menu.

• Fire 1