What Will the Offensive Balance Be!? Predictions..........

What type of balance will we see from the offense!?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

jarvis your crazy, tmart wont be a heisman finalist this year, rex will be, next year is tmarts turn! jeesh chuckleshuffle

How about we just roll with both being Heisman contenders hehe

Sounds good to me.

You know, that's actually happened before. 1983. Mike Rozier won it, and Turner Gill was fourth in the voting. I looked it up. LINK :thumbs:

Sports nightly interviewed Taylor Martinez a few weeks ago. One quote that Taylor made stands out in my mind. When asked about Rex burkhead's role in this years offense and if Rex would be getting more carries Taylor said "I don't think Rex will be getting the ball much" then went in to talking about his receiving corps and alleged improvements in his passing.

Now this tells me one of three things.

1. Nebraska is going to be throwing the ball a whole heluva a lot.

2. Martinez wants to throw the ball more or at least he thinks he does.

3. Taylor has absolutely no idea what the hell he's talking about when he says a potential All Conference back won't be getting many carries.

I said 60/40 running and passing. The passing game will show some more flip screens and quick passes to get Bell, Turner, and the Great White Hope Tim Marlow in space.

Yup, me too. I might have gone the same route as KC Cowboy and gone 55/45, just because we have such a strong receiving corps and I hope we take advantage of the talent we have there. But running is clearly our greatest strength, and we'll need to excel in that area to thrive. Plus, a strong running game keeps the clock ticking, keeps our defense fresher while simultaneously wearing down their D. Once we see them with their hands on their hips, then maybe the PA and hit Kenny or Turner or Reed over the top for a big one.

I just can't believe so many are so excited about returning to fluffball the way our wrs have dropped passes everywhere the last three years. Oh well.....we'll see.

i dont think anybody is thinking we will play fluffball, i think people are just excited about the thought of a passing game that can keep the defense honest and keep them from stacking the box to stop the run, if the defense is scared of the pass this team will run all over them

and i think when tmart said rex wont be getting as many carries, it means that there are several other players ready to step up and take some of the load off of him