What B1G team will be the biggest overachiever?

NUance

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with Purdue, and I have no rationale. I think they might give Wisconsin a run for their money in making a bid for the CCG.

Yeah, I went with Purdue for pretty much the same reason. Gut feeling. But with Purdue that's a leap of faith. Last year they lost to Rice. But a few weeks later they beat tOSU. Go figure. They do return 19 starters. And I think Danny Hope is generally a good coach.

This is an excellent question. I would vote for Iowa, but after losing another running back last week, they're in a lot of trouble. Vandenburg will probably be the best throwing quarterback in the conference, but he's without McNutt this year too. I would vote for Penn State, but I think most people expect them to have an OK season this year.

Ohio State becomes the next best option. They return a quarterback who, when healthy, is a pretty good player. They've retained playmakers on the offensive and defensive side of the ball, and they've got Urban Meyer. Whether Meyer will be successful or not is still hazy, but he's the only coach in the B1G right now that's won a MNC, so that's got to count for a little something.

Yeah, I went with Purdue for pretty much the same reason. Gut feeling. But with Purdue that's a leap of faith. Last year they lost to Rice. But a few weeks later they beat tOSU. Go figure. They do return 19 starters. And I think Danny Hope is generally a good coach.

Ditto on Purdue. Lots of returners on a team that was coming together late & in a division with two teams automatically out of the running.

No love for Illinois. :lol:

I thought that was funny too. Especially since I live in Illinois. Who knows--maybe Illinois will be like Florida when Zook got fired from there. The Gators went on to win the MNC two of the next four years under the Urbanator using Zook's guys. Naaw, no way in hell that happens. :lol:

I'm picking us because I have been beating the drum on an 11-2 record with a BCS bid! Also should get us a top 4-8 final ranking depending on the bowl outcome against Oklahoma! Preseason #3 for 2013 two spots behind preseason #1 Ohio State! Should make for a hell of a CCG!

agree........(on the Huskers..........not on OSU)......