Signs point to a big Romney victory

Of course that is my hope...............but the bet is more on the American people being tired of being talked down to and asked to believe he has the tools and/or economic sense or WILL to fix this economy.

You're looking for a triumph of the will? That's certainly a final solution. (Sorry. Couldn't help it. Godwin is satisfied.)

It will be interesting to see how the Medicare issues plays in Florida. It's nearly impossible for Romney to win without Florida, with Ohio a close second, and historically that worries me because of the well documented irregularities in 2004 in Ohio and 2000 in Florida. The last thing this country needs is to be consumed by an election controversy.

opps............just saw the thread headline...............I guess they DON'T agree.

Doesn't matter..............the American people are not that dumb. They see what he promised and what has actually happened.

I still feel really positive about those wagers.

What do you think the odds are? I'd put them at roughly 70/30 in Obama's favor. Subject of course to whatever world events happen in the next 74 days.

I wouldn't hazard a guess on odds, but would say there are just 3 eventualities that prevent Romney from a comfortable win.

A last minute "October Surprise" that scares voters sprung so close to the election that there is not time to mount an effective response.

Massive voter fraud (or accusations of fraud) that stymie election results and throws everything into the courts and the whims of various judicial capriciousness.

Foreign events as you suggested. Hard to know how some major external upheaval would impact things. Although it would probably redound to Obama's favor as people are hesitant to make changes during a crisis.

Of course that is my hope...............but the bet is more on the American people being tired of being talked down to and asked to believe he has the tools and/or economic sense or WILL to fix this economy.

You're looking for a triumph of the will? That's certainly a final solution. (Sorry. Couldn't help it. Godwin is satisfied.)

WILL ...as in the stomach to do the really unpopular things necessary for the good of the country at the expense of personal popularity.

i think this pretty well describes how much yahoo understands about running a successful business:

LOL, nice sdsker

I do this exact thing all the time.

I've written a user script for my browser (Chrome) which automatically fixes those links and turns them into links to the "I'm Feeling Lucky" google search result for the article title.

Very effective :D I might release this if I polish it a bit more (currently a little bit buggy/doesn't catch everything) although there are user scripts out there already to fix those social reader links. Which are the WORST #$*^&ing THINGS EVER INVENTED, by the way.

By the way, knapp, you did the same thing with this thread title, oh youuu..../shakes fists

opps............just saw the thread headline...............I guess they DON'T agree.

Doesn't matter..............the American people are not that dumb. They see what he promised and what has actually happened.

What do you think the odds are? I'd put them at roughly 70/30 in Obama's favor. Subject of course to whatever world events happen in the next 74 days.

I wouldn't hazard a guess on odds, but would say there are just 3 eventualities that prevent Romney from a comfortable win.

A last minute "October Surprise" that scares voters sprung so close to the election that there is not time to mount an effective response.

Massive voter fraud (or accusations of fraud) that stymie election results and throws everything into the courts and the whims of various judicial capriciousness.

Foreign events as you suggested. Hard to know how some major external upheaval would impact things. Although it would probably redound to Obama's favor as people are hesitant to make changes during a crisis.

#4. The American people prefer Obama's policies to Romney's? Or is that not a possibility? :)

#4. The American people prefer Obama's policies to Romney's? Or is that not a possibility? :)

Anythings possible, but I think right now the American people may prefer Obama as a personality over Romney (who has a chance in the next several months to make his own impression on people as opposed to being defined by Obama and the media), but I don't think they prefer his policies. But we shall see.

I think right now the American people may prefer Obama as a personality over Romney

That describes so many elections in my lifetime. So many....

It's voting for which STD you want more, Crabs or Chlamydia

And then when it's over (no matter who wins) you discover you acquired both plus syphillus, herpes, and aids.

I think right now the American people may prefer Obama as a personality over Romney

That describes so many elections in my lifetime. So many....

It's voting for which STD you want more, Crabs or Chlamydia

And then when it's over (no matter who wins) you discover you acquired both plus syphillus, herpes, and aids.

sounds like my wedding night.