Signs point to a big Romney victory

That's the headline on an article link at Yahoo, the front page. Then you click the link and you get this:

All signs point to a Romney victory except one (a very big one)

Those of us in the business of predicting elections rely on two broad sets of data: what has happened in the past, and what polls and markets suggest will happen in the future.

In a perfectly ordered society, in which humans acted in reliably rational ways and researchers had access to complete data on every possible influence, making a model like the ones above might be sufficient to predict an election. In reality, models are about as good as those governing where soon-to-be Hurricane Isaac may or may not land: They can point in the general direction, but they can't predict exactly how the dice will fall. The best possible prediction engine factors in both these broad factors and the forward-looking polls and markets that contribute clarity.

Our updated model, which does factor in polls and markets, still has Obama winning the election with 303 votes.

I'm really beginning to hate Yahoo. Their headlines are terribly leading if not downright deceiving.

Also, as peer-reviewed as these polls are, I'm not buying any of it.

Don't put much stock in Yahoo, but at least they :D agree with me.

Have had bets out for a year that B.O. is a one-termer.

I think you should re-read the article, not the headline (which was the point I was making with this thread - Yahoo uses deceptive headlines to entice you to read their articles).

When you're reading it again, pay special attention to this part:

I think you should re-read the article, not the headline (which was the point I was making with this thread - Yahoo uses deceptive headlines to entice you to read their articles).

When you're reading it again, pay special attention to this part:

opps............just saw the thread headline...............I guess they DON'T agree.

Doesn't matter..............the American people are not that dumb. They see what he promised and what has actually happened.

I still feel really positive about those wagers.

You're betting on your heart

Of course that is my hope...............but the bet is more on the American people being tired of being talked down to and asked to believe he has the tools and/or economic sense or WILL to fix this economy.

opps............just saw the thread headline...............I guess they DON'T agree.

Doesn't matter..............the American people are not that dumb. They see what he promised and what has actually happened.

I still feel really positive about those wagers.

What do you think the odds are? I'd put them at roughly 70/30 in Obama's favor. Subject of course to whatever world events happen in the next 74 days.